Author Topic: Coronavirus SZN Forever  (Read 358100 times)

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
Re: Coronavirus SZN Forever
« Reply #4230 on: August 23, 2021, 05:04:14 PM »
"We developed three vaccines!"

Pfizer - funded by the German government, developed in Germany by a Turkish and German couple
Astra Zeneca - funded by the UK government and a handful of private investors, developed in the UK at Oxford University
J&J - funded by the US government, developed in Belgium
Moderna - funded by the US government and private investors, developed in the US
He doesn't know what "developed" means. Or "we".

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #4231 on: August 23, 2021, 10:19:25 PM »
"We developed three vaccines!"

Pfizer - funded by the German government, developed in Germany by a Turkish and German couple
Astra Zeneca - funded by the UK government and a handful of private investors, developed in the UK at Oxford University
J&J - funded by the US government, developed in Belgium
Moderna - funded by the US government and private investors, developed in the US

Kind of misleading. It's a collaborative effort

Yeah Germany gave something like 400 million to Pfizer

The United States then proceeded to give them 18 billion throguh the CARES ACT and operation warp speed.

There's a reason that the US got to dictate who got the vaccine first, because they opened up the coffers

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #4232 on: August 25, 2021, 08:04:05 AM »
Apparently there's a massive nationwide shortage of bus drivers (the number I've seen reported or somewhere in the ballpark of 25% of what is needed) and with schools back to 5 days a week things are exacerbated immensely. Schools are offering full time benefits (for part time work) , sign on bonuses, and 20+ an hour for an entry level job

I assume this is a problem nationally, but if I drive anywhere even remotely near a school between 7-9 am it's absolute bumper to bumper gridlock since every parent is driving their kids to school (and schools are doing an absolute excrement job at keeping things moving by doing whatever it is they're doing)

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #4234 on: August 25, 2021, 09:45:55 AM »
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #4235 on: August 25, 2021, 05:38:38 PM »

South Dakota Covid cases quintuple after Sturgis motorcycle rally

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1277567?__twitter_impression=true

Shocker.

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #4236 on: August 25, 2021, 06:44:12 PM »

South Dakota Covid cases quintuple after Sturgis motorcycle rally

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1277567?__twitter_impression=true

Shocker.

Why would anyone with a means of transportation rally in South Dakota?  I mean unless they're from North Dakota. 

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #4237 on: August 26, 2021, 12:58:11 PM »
Well the booster shot thing seems to be going main stream. HCWs get to be Guinea pigs in the next 2 weeks or so

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #4238 on: August 26, 2021, 01:02:42 PM »
Gov't is buying up Pfizer and Moderna vaccines in anticipation of authorizing the boosters.

I'm wondering what the overall impact should be for people with the single dose J&J shot (this guy). I haven't found any data regarding people mixing the more traditional J&J vaccine vs. the mRNA based ones.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #4239 on: August 26, 2021, 01:09:31 PM »
Gov't is buying up Pfizer and Moderna vaccines in anticipation of authorizing the boosters.

I'm wondering what the overall impact should be for people with the single dose J&J shot (this guy). I haven't found any data regarding people mixing the more traditional J&J vaccine vs. the mRNA based ones.

Haven't read up a lot on the j&j one but I believed they had stayed that boosters were still promising for them.

With all the funky excrement happening right now and winter around the corner people would be foolish not to jump on it while the availability is there.

I know they also approved and will be offering flu shots at the same time. Though I have to imagine that has the potential to be pretty freaking unpleasant

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #4240 on: August 26, 2021, 01:59:06 PM »
Haven't read up a lot on the j&j one but I believed they had stayed that boosters were still promising for them.

With all the funky excrement happening right now and winter around the corner people would be foolish not to jump on it while the availability is there.

I know they also approved and will be offering flu shots at the same time. Though I have to imagine that has the potential to be pretty freaking unpleasant

Yeah all I've seen about J&J is that the company is reporting increased immunity with a booster after eight months.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #4241 on: August 26, 2021, 02:48:56 PM »
Looks like they may move it up to 6 months

https://www.wsj.com/articles/biden-administration-plans-covid-19-vaccine-boosters-at-six-months-instead-of-eight-11629919356

I'll be in line to get a booster when I'm allowed.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2021, 02:55:50 PM by bojanglesman »

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #4242 on: August 26, 2021, 02:54:27 PM »
Looks like they may move it up to 6 monthshttps://www.wsj.com/articles/biden-administration-plans-covid-19-vaccine-boosters-at-six-months-instead-of-eight-11629919356

I'll be in line to get a booster when I'm allowed.

I think the issue with moving it up to 6 months will be people lining up in masses.

The originals got their 2nd wave in January, so 6 months would include a LOT of freaking people

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #4243 on: August 26, 2021, 02:58:11 PM »
I think the issue with moving it up to 6 months will be people lining up in masses.

The originals got their 2nd wave in January, so 6 months would include a LOT of freaking people

Possibly, but we have a larger supply than we did back then and at this point, if they are truly necessary you can't worry about numbers of people as long as they aren't all hanging out breathing on each other without a mask, having sex in line, etc.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #4244 on: August 26, 2021, 03:20:41 PM »
Possibly, but we have a larger supply than we did back then and at this point, if they are truly necessary you can't worry about numbers of people as long as they aren't all hanging out breathing on each other without a mask, having sex in line, etc.

We have more vaccines and far less people giving them.

I suppose they might put out a huge wave of vaccination clinics again, but that's just going to steal people from clinical care that this country simply doesn't have

Tags: