Author Topic: Coronavirus SZN Forever  (Read 358524 times)

ons

• Chad Pennington
Re: Coronavirus SZN Forever
« Reply #4125 on: August 11, 2021, 12:17:01 AM »
You yourself provide source material openly admitting that cloth masks don't do excrement, which is predominately what children under government issued mandates will most certainly be wearing.

I assume you know how to read, so you're just deliberately misrepresenting the articles I posted. Not sure why, but whatever. 

https://www.wsj.com/articles/masks-children-parenting-schools-mandates-covid-19-coronavirus-pandemic-biden-administration-cdc-11628432716

FoLlOw tHe ScIeNcE, except of course when "the science" is wholly incompatible with me trying to force what I want onto the actions of others.

Again, the opinion piece you posted is a valid opinion to have about the possible psycho-social and developmental effects of masks during a pandemic, but the opinion piece you posted is quite obviously not an empirical, peer-reviewed source, and in fact qualifies their opinions with the understanding that these issues have not been studied in the context of the pandemic. As you were the one who brought up science, I thought you might be interested in the actual science, rather than opinion pieces and out of context soundbites hastily summarizing other research.

Either way, the only way to reduce psycho-social and developmental effects of a global pandemic for children is to do everything at a public health level to reduce transmission, which includes population-level vaccination or pervasive social distancing and masking - which I assume you support, if you are basing your argument on the current potential emerging childhood development crisis.

Ending the pandemic as fast as possible is the best way to mitigate harm to children, which may or may not include mask-wearing, and I agree that all steps should be taken to ensure that this happens.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 12:24:04 AM by ons »

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #4126 on: August 11, 2021, 10:39:57 AM »
Ted Cruz spending $30k/year to have his kids be oppressed by mask mandates and contract tracing.

https://twitter.com/sawyerhackett/status/1425167352895873029?s=21
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #4128 on: August 11, 2021, 10:51:03 AM »
I assume you know how to read, so you're just deliberately misrepresenting the articles I posted. Not sure why, but whatever. 

Wait, is it your position that masks made of cloth are effective against transmission of COVID?

Ted Cruz spending $30k/year to have his kids be oppressed by mask mandates and contract tracing.

https://twitter.com/sawyerhackett/status/1425167352895873029?s=21

How dare Ted Cruz make a personal choice for his children while also thinking removing said choice from parents across the country via government compulsion is a bad idea!

This isn't the dunk you think it is, but that'll happen when you're posting tweets from someone who worked for one of the loser Castro brothers.

https://twitter.com/cd_hooks/status/1425247077534162953?s=19

Can't wait until its the official position that school board meetings be closed doors and without community involvement. That's a great look.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #4129 on: August 11, 2021, 10:56:39 AM »

Can't wait until its the official position that school board meetings be closed doors and without community involvement. That's a great look.

Oooh big stretch

ons

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #4130 on: August 11, 2021, 11:16:29 AM »
Wait, is it your position that masks made of cloth are effective against transmission of COVID?

I'll cut down the sources a little because apparently you are having trouble reading?

Despite their shortcomings, community-based research has demonstrated the efficacy of cloth masks in slowing down the spread of COVID-19.
Taking advantage of the mechanical integrity of fabrics such as cotton, and the electrostatic attraction of fabrics such as silk, it was found that the PFEs of cloth masks made of cotton/silk, cotton/chiffon, and cotton/flannel were all higher than 90%

Our review of the literature offers evidence in favor of widespread mask use as source control to reduce community transmission...nonmedical masks have been effective in reducing transmission of respiratory viruses; and places and time periods where mask usage is required or widespread have shown substantially lower community transmission.

In recent laboratory experiments, multilayer cloth masks were more effective than single-layer masks, blocking as much as 50% to 70% of exhaled small droplets and particles.2,3 In some cases, cloth masks have performed similar to surgical or procedure masks for source control.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8084286/
https://www.pnas.org/content/118/4/e2014564118
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2776536

They are less effective than N95s, especially with user misuse and huge variance in fit/material, but have repeatedly been demonstrated to be effective against the transmission of covid through dozens of peer-reviewed academic studies, as you could have read for yourself in my earlier reply to you.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 11:31:58 AM by ons »

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #4131 on: August 12, 2021, 06:36:03 AM »
I don't know why people keep acting like this is the first time a vaccine was mandated or schools decided to regulate what children wear.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #4133 on: August 12, 2021, 07:25:19 AM »
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #4135 on: August 12, 2021, 10:22:46 AM »
https://twitter.com/erictopol/status/1425492860619481098?s=21

The more I read about Delta the more I think we’re fucked
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #4138 on: August 12, 2021, 10:33:46 AM »
I don't know why people keep acting like this is the first time a vaccine was mandated or schools decided to regulate what children wear.
I had a dress code my entire life growing up until college, and in college, I had to get a meningitis vaccine I never had as a kid. Wasn't that big of a a deal.

I also don't see how anyone can talk concretely about the long-term effects of children wearing masks in school. Sounds like fear-mongering to me to think that a kid wearing a mask is somehow going to stunt his development. Nobody can possibly know this yet.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #4139 on: August 12, 2021, 10:48:47 AM »
I also don't see how anyone can talk concretely about the long-term effects of children wearing masks in school. Sounds like fear-mongering to me to think that a kid wearing a mask is somehow going to stunt his development. Nobody can possibly know this yet.

It's a hypothesis that is being presented as if it is  thoroughly tested theory. This scenario is completely unknown until now.

Anyone worrying about the long-term affects should probably be invested in ending the threat as rapidly as possible, through social distancing, masks, and vaccinations, rather than letting it prolong, which refusing to adopt masks and refusing to vaccinate will do.

FFS, infants are getting hospitalized and intubated due to COVID diagnoses.

Tags: