Author Topic: Coronavirus SZN Forever  (Read 357327 times)

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
Re: Coronavirus SZN Forever
« Reply #4020 on: August 04, 2021, 03:22:17 PM »
Anyway, on a practical level and steering the conversation back to the topic at hand; the CDC came out today and said that 28.4 percent of the black community is currently vaccinated.

I saw 28.4% of the 18-24 year old black population just on a  quick search, not the whole black population.

EDIT: Nevermind, my article was old.

I don't see anyone but Dr. Drew mentioning that specific statistic.  Can't find it on the CDC website.  Either way, I don't doubt a smaller percentage of the black population is vaccinated.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2021, 04:09:20 PM by bojanglesman »

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #4021 on: August 04, 2021, 04:31:37 PM »
https://www.quantamagazine.org/how-vaccines-can-drive-pathogens-to-evolve-20180510/

Again, not making the claim vaccines don't work, but the idea that mutations can't occur in the face of a vaccinated populace, or that the unvaccinated are to blame is IMHO faulty.

I don't care what your humble opinion is because it isn't a matter of opinion - it's a clearly established matter of scientific fact that the greater the unvaccinated population, the greater the likelihood of mutations that are able to bypass the current vaccines. I don't give a excrement if people who choose not to get vaccinated because of their own dumb reasons get sick and die, but I do care about them putting the rest of us at greater risk.

I don't buy slippery slope arguments either, because it's a global freaking pandemic the like of which has not been seen in living memory. I'm quite OK with us doing things that we wouldn't otherwise do to deal with a situation that we haven't had to deal with before. I'm not even sure that discrimination of service is a slippery slope, given it exists in a multitude of ways already. We don't let people drive cars if they don't have a driver's license or if they've been drinking, because they are a danger to others. In exactly the same way I see absolutely no issue with a government issuing a vaccination certificate that businesses can use to refuse them service, for exactly the same reasons. Are religious feelings about baking a cake somehow more important than public health and safety?
A cross-dressing limey poofter

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #4022 on: August 04, 2021, 11:16:18 PM »
Idk I think we should do whatever we can to do to drag this pandemic out, I’m having a great freaking time
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #4023 on: August 04, 2021, 11:30:02 PM »
https://www.quantamagazine.org/how-vaccines-can-drive-pathogens-to-evolve-20180510/

Again, not making the claim vaccines don't work, but the idea that mutations can't occur in the face of a vaccinated populace, or that the unvaccinated are to blame is IMHO faulty.

Anyway, on a practical level and steering the conversation back to the topic at hand; the CDC came out today and said that 28.4 percent of the black community is currently vaccinated.

On top of therefore creating legislation re: vaccine or proof of vaccination mandates that IMHO leads to a slippery slope, a stat like that can absolutely make the case that any legislation should fail because whether intentional or not, there's a race based effect.

But hey, according to that article you posted, they're all just getting misled by fox news.

…… what are you even arguing here?

People shouldn’t get vaccinated because mutations occur?

Black people shouldn’t be held responsible for getting vaccinated like we’re advocating for everyone? This isn’t the gotcha you think it is. Everyone should get vaccinated.

You’re so far down your own rabbit hole that you’re not close defending anything logical or honorable, but keep doing you.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #4024 on: August 05, 2021, 10:20:03 AM »

…… what are you even arguing here?

People shouldn’t get vaccinated because mutations occur?

Black people shouldn’t be held responsible for getting vaccinated like we’re advocating for everyone? This isn’t the gotcha you think it is. Everyone should get vaccinated.

You’re so far down your own rabbit hole that you’re not close defending anything logical or honorable, but keep doing you.

Lol, what. Where did you get this nonsense?

I'm arguing its absurd to demand a government mandated vaccine program, or actually penalize people on the basis of making an INDIVIDUAL medical decision on the basis of mutations, when demonstratively, mutations would and will happen in the face of a vaccine anyway. https://edition.cnn.com/2021/07/30/health/vaccination-alone-variants-study/index.html?utm_source=twCNN&utm_term=link&utm_medium=social&utm_content=2021-07-30T13%3A00%3A11

As for the second point, it's not even an argument, its a demonstrated fact that depriving people of opportunity and access via vaccine mandates will have a detrimental effect on minority communities and be outright segregationist.

That's some really impressive strawmanning that shows either an outward contempt for the person making the argument and therefore trying to attack just to attack, or a woeful lack of reading comprehension. So which is it?

"Everyone should get vaccinated." Seriously, who are you or anyone else to say that? It's an individual medical decision. You have absolutely no idea as to why people chose not to get vaccinated, nor do you care. Better to just ostracize and demonize.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 10:27:08 AM by mj2sexay »

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #4025 on: August 05, 2021, 10:28:11 AM »
DoD set to make thr vaccine mandatory. Could be as early as the end of the month.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/08/04/politics/austin-pentagon-vaccine-mandate/index.html

The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #4026 on: August 05, 2021, 10:30:54 AM »
Lol, what. Where did you get this nonsense?

I'm arguing its absurd to demand a government mandated vaccine program, or actually penalize people on the basis of making an INDIVIDUAL medical decision on the basis of mutations, when demonstratively, mutations would and will happen in the face of a vaccine anyway. https://edition.cnn.com/2021/07/30/health/vaccination-alone-variants-study/index.html?utm_source=twCNN&utm_term=link&utm_medium=social&utm_content=2021-07-30T13%3A00%3A11

As for the second point, it's not even an argument, its a demonstrated fact that depriving people of opportunity and access via vaccine mandates will have a detrimental effect on minority communities and be outright segregationist.

That's some really impressive strawmanning that shows either an outward contempt for the person making the argument and therefore trying to attack just to attack, or a woeful lack of reading comprehension. So which is it?

"Everyone should get vaccinated." Seriously, who are you or anyone else to say that? It's an individual medical decision. You have absolutely no idea as to why people chose not to get vaccinated, nor do you care. Better to just ostracize and demonize.
Stfu and get vaccinated.

If you can't due to medical reasons, then fine.

That's it. No more no less.  There's no other gray area.

We're past personal freedoms and rights...
« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 10:36:26 AM by MBGreen »
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #4027 on: August 05, 2021, 10:39:04 AM »
DoD set to make thr vaccine mandatory. Could be as early as the end of the month.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/08/04/politics/austin-pentagon-vaccine-mandate/index.html

Despite my previous stance on government mandates, I have absolutely no problem with this.

Stfu and get vaccinated.

If you can't due to medical reasons, then fine.

That's it. No more no less.  There's no other gray area.

We're past personal freedoms and rights...

Yeah, this is such authoritarian bullshit.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #4028 on: August 05, 2021, 10:42:10 AM »
Despite my previous stance on government mandates, I have absolutely no problem with this.

Yeah, this is such authoritarian bullshit.
Yes...saving lives is authoritarian bullshit.

eyeroll.bat
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #4029 on: August 05, 2021, 10:52:43 AM »
muh freedom!
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #4030 on: August 05, 2021, 11:09:34 AM »
muh freedom!

If we're so fuckin concerned about the unvaccinated, where's this energy when it comes to the fact that the present administration is literally bussing unvaccinated illegal immigrants into your own state.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 11:14:38 AM by mj2sexay »

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #4031 on: August 05, 2021, 11:17:17 AM »
If we're so fuckin concerned about the unvaccinated, where's this energy when it comes to the fact that the present administration is literally bussing unvaccinated illegal immigrants into your own state.
#DeflectionSZN

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #4032 on: August 05, 2021, 11:21:10 AM »
#DeflectionSZN

It's not a deflection at all, its a point of fact.

But hey government simp just mandate people introduce something in their bodies against their will with no agency for themselves. MUH GUVMENT SAYS ITS OK!

Forget about Operation Sea Spray, MK Ultra, Tuskegee, or for that matter the fact that MuH gUVmEnt did everything they could through blatant propaganda tactics to label anyone who tried to state the freaking truth about the origins of this thing being a lab leak as conspiracy theorists.

Nah. No reason to be skeptical at all!

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #4033 on: August 05, 2021, 12:14:42 PM »
It's not a deflection at all, its a point of fact.

But hey government simp just mandate people introduce something in their bodies against their will with no agency for themselves. MUH GUVMENT SAYS ITS OK!

Forget about Operation Sea Spray, MK Ultra, Tuskegee, or for that matter the fact that MuH gUVmEnt did everything they could through blatant propaganda tactics to label anyone who tried to state the freaking truth about the origins of this thing being a lab leak as conspiracy theorists.

Nah. No reason to be skeptical at all!
You keep dancing around the original point like you're in a Michael Jackson video.

Let me help you...the point was (again) is that unless you have a legit medical reason that prevents you from getting vaccinated, there's zero reason to NOT get vaccinated. It's a matter of saving lives.

I don't give a fiddlers' freak how this affects govt policy or whatever other horseshit you dredge up to poorly execute a feeble argument.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #4034 on: August 05, 2021, 12:19:28 PM »
Man, DeSantis is really killing it down there, hih?
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Tags: