Author Topic: Coronavirus SZN Forever  (Read 359087 times)

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
Re: Coronavirus SZN Forever
« Reply #3990 on: August 01, 2021, 09:10:51 PM »
Without the numbers it means much much less

Context matters and they don't give any context
. Presumably it's a lot easier to write the headline and not the article

If you think averaging 1,500+ hospitalizations over the course the previous week in a state with some of the most vulnerable populations in the country is meaningless then you have some serious problems.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2021, 09:14:46 PM by CatoTheElder »
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #3991 on: August 01, 2021, 10:57:08 PM »
If you think averaging 1,500+ hospitalizations over the course the previous week in a state with some of the most vulnerable populations in the country is meaningless then you have some serious problems.

No, I'm saying that only publishing half of the data makes me question the agenda.

Not to suggest there's not a resurgence as the data is the data.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #3993 on: August 03, 2021, 09:08:21 PM »
Pete Parada has been fired from the Offspring for not getting vaccinated. He claims he cannot get the shot due to a medical reason but does not specify.

https://variety.com/2021/music/news/offspring-drummer-vaccinated-tour-1235033959/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #3994 on: August 03, 2021, 09:16:53 PM »
Pete Parada has been fired from the Offspring for not getting vaccinated. He claims he cannot get the shot due to a medical reason but does not specify.

https://variety.com/2021/music/news/offspring-drummer-vaccinated-tour-1235033959/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Yeah, if you were going to get canned from any band for not getting vaxxed, it would probably be the band whose lead singer wrote the following:

Holland, Bryan (2017). Discovery of mature microRNA sequences within the protein-coding regions of global HIV-1 genomes: predictions of novel mechanisms for viral infection and pathogenicity (Thesis). University of Southern California.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #3995 on: August 03, 2021, 09:23:14 PM »

“Given my personal medical history and the side-effect profile of these jabs, my doctor has advised me not to get a shot at this time,” he continued. “I caught the virus over a year ago, it was mild for me – so I am confident I’d be able to handle it again, but I’m not so certain I’d survive another post-vaccination round of Guillain-Barré Syndrome which dates back to my childhood and has evolved to be progressively worse over my lifetime. Unfortunately for me, (and my family – who is hoping to keep me around a bit longer) the risks far outweigh the benefits.”

This is one of the very few truly legit reasons for someone to not get the vaccine

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #3996 on: August 03, 2021, 09:40:08 PM »
This is one of the very few truly legit reasons for someone to not get the vaccine

Completely missed that paragraph. Thanks for posting it.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #3997 on: August 03, 2021, 10:07:54 PM »
I had no idea Dexter was such an interesting dude. Just spent 5 minutes reading his bio and, well.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #3998 on: August 03, 2021, 10:32:13 PM »
I had no idea Dexter was such an interesting dude. Just spent 5 minutes reading his bio and, well.

I didn’t know about the ten day round the world solo flight.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #3999 on: August 03, 2021, 11:56:21 PM »

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #4000 on: August 04, 2021, 10:06:24 AM »
This is correct.

https://www.macleans.ca/opinion/vaccinations-no-more-carrot-bring-out-the-stick/

“ Who are these people? The University of Sydney conducted a study of the unvaccinated in  Australia, Canada, the U.K. and the U.S. It found that, in comparison to the population at large, these people tended to have “less agreeable personalities”, be less cooperative with others, more selfish, and more extroverted. (In the vernacular, the term is “assholes”.)”

Without getting into Vaxx/Anti-Vaxx, it’s pretty clear that this is a very common trend.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #4001 on: August 04, 2021, 10:50:19 AM »
“ Who are these people? The University of Sydney conducted a study of the unvaccinated in  Australia, Canada, the U.K. and the U.S. It found that, in comparison to the population at large, these people tended to have “less agreeable personalities”, be less cooperative with others, more selfish, and more extroverted. (In the vernacular, the term is “assholes”.)”

Without getting into Vaxx/Anti-Vaxx, it’s pretty clear that this is a very common trend.
Excuse me, these fine folks are rugged individualists. Read Atlas Shrugged.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #4002 on: August 04, 2021, 11:43:55 AM »
I love how this thread is ignoring all of the blatant vaccine skepticism from the left, inclusive of our current President and Vice President when Trump was still in charge.

I'm sure vaccine skeptics like say DeAndre Hopkins for example reliably vote red.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #4003 on: August 04, 2021, 11:50:55 AM »
No one is ignoring them, they are just rightfully pointing out the much bigger issue.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #4004 on: August 04, 2021, 12:00:57 PM »
It’s annoying how the vaccine is always politicized. I don’t think that has anything to do with why Hopkins, Cole Beasley, or Kirk Cousins don’t want to get the vaccine. They probably all have their individual “reasons”
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Tags: