Author Topic: Coronavirus SZN Forever  (Read 358582 times)

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
Re: Coronavirus SZN Forever
« Reply #3975 on: July 30, 2021, 01:47:28 PM »
A. Yes
B. Some providers have still been asking people for their insurance at the time of vaccination
C. It could be entirely avoided in a single payer system where people never pay out of pocket for medical care

It could also be avoided by people learning how to freaking read, it's freaking completley 100% free and people just want to make this into a class warfare bullshit.

There's countless legitimate arguments you can make for universal medicaid. This is not one

I was asked for nothing when I got vaccinated not even sure if they asked for ID tbh though I imagine they at least peaked at my license

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #3976 on: July 30, 2021, 06:13:52 PM »
I've had to give my health insurance info every single time I've been tested. 6 times now?

They're charging the insurance companies whenever possible and have been all along.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #3977 on: July 30, 2021, 08:00:47 PM »
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #3978 on: July 30, 2021, 09:29:06 PM »
I've had to give my health insurance info every single time I've been tested. 6 times now?

They're charging the insurance companies whenever possible and have been all along.

🤷‍♂️

Definitely not a thing where I am

But regardless getting vaccinated isn't the same as getting tested.

If they're asking for insurance when vaccinating you that sucks, but that is not what I've seen in my region/social circles

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #3979 on: July 30, 2021, 09:38:24 PM »
I...just...Jesus freaking Christ.

https://twitter.com/CarlosNBC6/status/1421211285614641152

I'm cool with a governor saying that it's unacceptable for schools to mandate masks for students just because.

I'm not a fan of all the bullshit justification behind that post, makes it seem dishonest.

Uhhh students shouldn't have to wear masks because of bacteria and fungus? Nonsense.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #3980 on: July 30, 2021, 09:53:38 PM »
It could also be avoided by people learning how to freaking read, it's freaking completley 100% free and people just want to make this into a class warfare bullshit.

There's countless legitimate arguments you can make for universal medicaid. This is not one

I was asked for nothing when I got vaccinated not even sure if they asked for ID tbh though I imagine they at least peaked at my license
"This thing is evidently bad and here's statistics backing it up"

"Well it didn't happen to me so it's not happening"

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #3982 on: July 30, 2021, 10:23:42 PM »
"This thing is evidently bad and here's statistics backing it up"

"Well it didn't happen to me so it's not happening"

Except insurance literally isn't required to get the vaccine

One could extrapolate from the data uninsured people under the age of 65 are the least likely to be vaccinated for a variety of reasons.

Being under 65 they're at low risk, and if they're uninsured they probably don't have a job (or a job that requires a vaccination).

It's also not unreasonable to imagine that dumb derriere mother fuckers under the age of 65 are less likely to have health insurance. So is it insane to believe that dumb derriere mother fuckers are less likely to get vaccinated?

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #3983 on: July 30, 2021, 10:57:32 PM »
We are seeing the result of a population conditioned to fear massive financial punishment for seeking healthcare. It doesn't matter if you think they're stupid - the system is failing them.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #3984 on: July 30, 2021, 11:02:54 PM »
We are seeing the result of a population conditioned to fear massive financial punishment for seeking healthcare. It doesn't matter if you think they're stupid - the system is failing them.

Their numbers aren't a whole lot different from Republicans, presumably who are a bunch of uneducated hillbillies with delusional antivaxxer bullshit

I will say if they split those numbers up a little bit more ie uninsured over and under 40 years old it could paint a better picture.

Right now it's easy to assume that it's full of a ton of children in their teens 20s and 30s who don't have real jobs and have no issues or desire to get vaccinated.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #3985 on: July 30, 2021, 11:27:36 PM »
I grew up with my parents having shitty to no insurance depending on who had a job. I still freak out about going to the doctor even with Tricare.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #3986 on: August 01, 2021, 03:33:21 PM »
Florida over the 10k hospitalizations for COVID. Highest since the start of the pandemic.

https://apnews.com/article/business-health-florida-coronavirus-pandemic-7ca97f0d685ab25559cf9b51cfc077eb

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #3987 on: August 01, 2021, 04:15:58 PM »
Florida over the 10k hospitalizations for COVID. Highest since the start of the pandemic.

https://apnews.com/article/business-health-florida-coronavirus-pandemic-7ca97f0d685ab25559cf9b51cfc077eb

While I'm overwhelmingly anti anti-vaxxer, I tend to find these articles kind of dishonest when they don't mention patients in the ICU or deaths.

Is there 10,000 hospitalizations with severe COVID-19 ending up dead or in the ICU?

Or are we talking 10,000 barely symptomatic people who are hospitalized simply for observation (because of age comorbidities simply to isolate them from nursing homes facilities etc so they're not spreading)

Without context the number can mean two completely different things

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #3988 on: August 01, 2021, 04:29:11 PM »
While I'm overwhelmingly anti anti-vaxxer, I tend to find these articles kind of dishonest when they don't mention patients in the ICU or deaths.

Is there 10,000 hospitalizations with severe COVID-19 ending up dead or in the ICU?

Or are we talking 10,000 barely symptomatic people who are hospitalized simply for observation (because of age comorbidities simply to isolate them from nursing homes facilities etc so they're not spreading)

Without context the number can mean two completely different things

Inclusive.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #3989 on: August 01, 2021, 04:49:47 PM »
Inclusive.

Without the numbers it means much much less

Context matters and they don't give any context
. Presumably it's a lot easier to write the headline and not the article

Tags: