Author Topic: Coronavirus SZN Forever  (Read 359863 times)

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
Re: Coronavirus SZN Forever
« Reply #3870 on: June 29, 2021, 09:11:32 PM »
Why do you have to try and galaxy brain everything? There’s
I loooove how you ignore the explanation from the OP directly below the question you’re referencing here.  Appreciate the determination you put into your shitposting though.

I like to think

It helps make up for all the times I don't think

Yes yes immune response batman and lasers. I got all that fancy stuff.

But unless the Immune systems of people in Maryland are distinct from the people of the United States nationally averaged.

Then something is amiss?

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #3871 on: July 01, 2021, 05:06:48 PM »
Delta variant accounts for 10% of new US cases

https://twitter.com/nydailynews/status/1410696415962148864?s=21

U.S. COVID-19 cases jump 10% in the past week

The highly transmissible Delta variant is now responsible for 25% of all new cases in the U.S.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #3875 on: July 08, 2021, 10:54:28 AM »
"More than nine out of 10 Americans who died from Covid-19 in the US in June were unvaccinated, according to Dr Anthony Fauci – a statistic that health officials say is especially concerning given the prevalence of vaccine hesitancy in some regions and the rise of the Delta variant.

Maryland reported this week that 100% of those who died from coronavirus there in June had not been vaccinated, while more than 93% of those with new cases or who were hospitalized were similarly unprotected.

Cases are rising in nearly half the states as low vaccination rates are being met with the more transmissible and severe Delta or B.1.617.2, variant, identified in India in December 2020.

Vaccinations administered in the US have shown to be effective against the Delta variant, though it poses serious risks to those who remain unvaccinated.

The variant is already the dominant strain of Covid-19 in the country, accounting for more than 50% of all new US cases and up to 80% of cases in some regions, according to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) data released Tuesday.

Joe Biden has reiterated the urgency behind getting more Americans vaccinated.

“We can’t get complacent now,” he said during a press briefing. “Millions of Americans are still unvaccinated and unprotected. And because of that, their communities are at risk, their friends are at risk, the people they care about are at risk.”

Fauci, the country’s top public health official, has said that in June, 99.2% of Covid deaths in the US could be attributed to those who are unvaccinated.

CDC data shows that about 67% of American adults aged 18 or older have received at least one dose of the vaccine, while 58% are fully vaccinated."

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jul/08/fears-of-new-us-covid-surge-as-delta-spreads-and-many-remain-unvaccinated

Also

"Some vaccine hesitancy appears to be closely tied to political beliefs, with a recent poll showing almost twice as many declared Democrats as Republicans saying they had been vaccinated."
« Last Edit: July 08, 2021, 10:59:53 AM by Badger »

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #3876 on: July 08, 2021, 11:17:47 AM »
Sticking it to the libs by deliberately dying from a preventable disease. Freedom!
A cross-dressing limey poofter

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #3877 on: July 08, 2021, 11:21:12 AM »
Sticking it to the libs by deliberately dying from a preventable disease. Freedom!

It's nature's way of cleansing the USA of all the TrumpRot left over from the last 4 years.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #3878 on: July 08, 2021, 12:11:50 PM »
It's nature's way of cleansing the USA of all the TrumpRot left over from the last 4 years.

The only issue is that there are some vaccinated people that are having breakthrough infections.  My fear is that number may go up to a point where we all need to wear masks again because the risk won't be miniscule anymore.  And who knows what may change with all the unvaccinated kids under 12. 

You can't go through life worrying about everything, but you can't go through it being blind to reality either.  I don't just want to avoid being hospitalized, I want to avoid getting it at all because I don't know what, if any, long-term effects there could be if it goes beyond a mild infection.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2021, 12:14:12 PM by bojanglesman »

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #3879 on: July 08, 2021, 12:25:40 PM »
The only issue is that there are some vaccinated people that are having breakthrough infections.  My fear is that number may go up to a point where we all need to wear masks again because the risk won't be miniscule anymore.  And who knows what may change with all the unvaccinated kids under 12. 

You can't go through life worrying about everything, but you can't go through it being blind to reality either.  I don't just want to avoid being hospitalized, I want to avoid getting it at all because I don't know what, if any, long-term effects there could be if it goes beyond a mild infection.
Wear masks again?

We haven't stopped
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #3880 on: July 08, 2021, 12:28:08 PM »

Hey, it's not us you need to convince. Up here in the hat we're lining up to get vaccinated - we've been leading the world for the last month in % of population with at least one dose, we're at 80% / 50% first/second among all eligible adults, and the demand is still there.

I think that the fear of breakthrough infections causing long term problems is fairly small though, everything I've seen suggests that those who do get it despite being vaccinated pretty much get nothing but minor symptoms.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #3881 on: July 08, 2021, 12:28:41 PM »
Wear masks again?

We haven't stopped

Also this.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #3882 on: July 08, 2021, 01:55:11 PM »
Wear masks again?

We haven't stopped
Also this.
I kinda stopped, unless mandated.

Stupidest thing I did recently was go unmasked in a rest stop on I-87.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2021, 01:57:43 PM by Badger »

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #3883 on: July 08, 2021, 02:07:01 PM »
I kinda stopped, unless mandated.

Stupidest thing I did recently was go unmasked in a rest stop on I-87.

I suspect they'll lift our mandate in the next month or so, but I also think quite a lot of people will keep wearing them. I'll probably keep carrying one, and wear it when it seems appropriate. I don't think anyone is going to bat an eyelid at people wearing them even after the mandate is lifted.

I actually really liked it in the winter, walking outside in -15 it's nice to have a fabric covering across your face.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #3884 on: July 08, 2021, 02:14:38 PM »
Hey, it's not us you need to convince. Up here in the hat we're lining up to get vaccinated - we've been leading the world for the last month in % of population with at least one dose, we're at 80% / 50% first/second among all eligible adults, and the demand is still there.

I think that the fear of breakthrough infections causing long term problems is fairly small though, everything I've seen suggests that those who do get it despite being vaccinated pretty much get nothing but minor symptoms.

Oh I know, I tried to say that Canada was doing better than us regarding vaccine willingness.

On one hand, you are right, chances of a vaccinated person becoming meaningfully affected by COVID is pretty small.  But there's always this small part of me that worries about mutation.  So far mutation hasn't really affected the efficacy of the vaccine.  Admittedly, I don't know the ins and outs of all the proteins the vaccine targets, so that may continue to be the case despite mutations. 

Tags: