Author Topic: Coronavirus SZN Forever  (Read 359105 times)

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
Re: Coronavirus SZN Forever
« Reply #3855 on: June 29, 2021, 11:59:10 AM »
My wife has been vaxxed for at least 6 weeks, if not 2 months. I know I’m not fully vaxxed (duh) but I’ve still been following all the protocols (I have to, both jobs I have require me to do so) so we have no idea how this happened. It’s apparently effecting her more than me too which makes no sense either.

An I saw you had gotten your first shot 2 weeks ago, thought you said it was 6 weeks since she got her first.

Clearly I read that wrong

I don't know anything about the rate of COVID vaccine non responders (I assume there's no data on this)

But with other vaccines there's a percentage of people whom don't respond to vaccines.

I know I personally had to get my hepatitis vaccine (which is a series of 3 shot) twice plus a booster in order for it to work (ie the shots did nothing)

But assuming your wife's having legitimate symptomtic covid getting remedesvir is worth discussing.

Sure odds are 99% it's overkill and an unnecessary hassle, but I don't think it's unreasonable to be cautious. Having to stay in a hospital for 5 days to get the Remdesivr course is probably better than possibly needing a nasal cannula or nonrebreather for a few weeks
« Last Edit: June 29, 2021, 12:01:36 PM by dcm1602 »

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #3856 on: June 29, 2021, 12:46:05 PM »
Four of Australia's eight capital cities are now under Covid-19 lockdown, as authorities struggle to contain fresh outbreaks of the highly infectious Delta variant.

https://twitter.com/cnn/status/1409775924502044672?s=21
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #3857 on: June 29, 2021, 12:48:40 PM »
South African President Cyril Ramaphosa has reimposed restrictions for two weeks to combat a surge in the highly contagious Delta coronavirus variant.

The worst-hit country on the African continent “is facing a massive resurgence of infection”, the president said in a televised address to the nation on Sunday.

“Our health facilities are stretched to the limit … ICU beds are in short supply,” he said as he placed the country on alert level four, just one level below a full lockdown.

He banned all gatherings, except for funerals where numbers will be capped at 50, and also ordered a ban on the sale of alcohol. Eateries and restaurants can no longer serve sit-down meals, and will only be allowed to sell food for take-away or delivery. A nighttime curfew has been lengthened by an hour.

Authorities say the peak of the third wave – fuelled by the Delta variant first identified in India – will surpass that of earlier waves as the country struggles to quickly roll out vaccinations.

“We are in the grip of a devastating wave that by all indications seems like it will be worse than those that preceded it,” the president said.

“The peak of this third wave looks set to be higher than the previous two,” he added.

https://twitter.com/ajenglish/status/1409443959248719879?s=21

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #3858 on: June 29, 2021, 12:51:10 PM »
Is the Hype over yet or nah

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #3859 on: June 29, 2021, 01:02:03 PM »
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #3860 on: June 29, 2021, 01:25:32 PM »
Four of Australia's eight capital cities are now under Covid-19 lockdown, as authorities struggle to contain fresh outbreaks of the highly infectious Delta variant.

https://twitter.com/cnn/status/1409775924502044672?s=21

As of yesterday Australia's vaccination rate was 24.3% 1D / 4.8% 2D. Smug fuckers were busy celebrating what a great job they did of locking down and not having outbreaks, they forgot to do the most important bit.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #3861 on: June 29, 2021, 02:50:54 PM »
As of yesterday Australia's vaccination rate was 24.3% 1D / 4.8% 2D. Smug fuckers were busy celebrating what a great job they did of locking down and not having outbreaks, they forgot to do the most important bit.

They couldn't beat Emu's, they were going to be the pinnacle of effectively managing this virus?

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #3862 on: June 29, 2021, 03:12:27 PM »
Since May 10, unvaccinated people account for *97%* of Maryland’s COVID cases, 89% of hospitalizations & 89% of deaths, per Md’s health secretary.

https://twitter.com/steventdennis/status/1409955273465344004?s=21

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #3863 on: June 29, 2021, 03:23:08 PM »
https://twitter.com/steventdennis/status/1409955273465344004?s=21

As another responder on the Twitter notes
The math doesn't add up

So 3 % of covid cases are vaccinated individuals that make up 11% of hospitalizations and 11% of deaths?

If 11% of covid deaths are in fully vaccinated individuals something is immensely wrong with either the data collection process or the vaccines in Maryland

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #3864 on: June 29, 2021, 03:53:11 PM »
The math doesn't add up

So 3 % of covid cases are vaccinated individuals that make up 11% of hospitalizations and 11% of deaths?

If 11% of covid deaths are in fully vaccinated individuals something is immensely wrong with either the data collection process or the vaccines in Maryland

If you're old or immunocompromised, you're more likely to be vaccinated and you're more likely to get very sick if you catch covid. So the vast majority of people who present as symptomatic are unvaccinated, but if you're old or immunocompromised then there's a better chance that the vaccine won't be effective for you and therefore you still end up in hospital.

Come on man, you work in the medical field. You shouldn't need this explaining.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #3865 on: June 29, 2021, 04:05:02 PM »
If you're old or immunocompromised, you're more likely to be vaccinated and you're more likely to get very sick if you catch covid. So the vast majority of people who present as symptomatic are unvaccinated, but if you're old or immunocompromised then there's a better chance that the vaccine won't be effective for you and therefore you still end up in hospital.

Come on man, you work in the medical field. You shouldn't need this explaining.

Sure but according to nationalized data from the AP for the month of May vaccinated people make up 0.1% of cases of hospitalized individuals with severe covid and 0.8% of deaths

So 11% is a monumental jump from there for the state of Maryland
« Last Edit: June 29, 2021, 04:06:38 PM by dcm1602 »

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #3866 on: June 29, 2021, 04:12:44 PM »
Sure but according to nationalized data from the AP for the month of May vaccinated people make up 0.1% of cases of hospitalized individuals with severe covid and 0.8% of deaths

So 11% is a monumental jump from there for the state of Maryland

Except that was May, when the vaccination numbers were way lower. Let's take a hypothetical situation in which 99% of people are vaccinated, the majority of hospitalisations and deaths will occur in vaccinated people. Does that mean that the vaccines aren't working?

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #3867 on: June 29, 2021, 04:27:46 PM »
Except that was May, when the vaccination numbers were way lower. Let's take a hypothetical situation in which 99% of people are vaccinated, the majority of hospitalisations and deaths will occur in vaccinated people. Does that mean that the vaccines aren't working?

Uhm it's June

And Maryland numbers started in May 10th, and presumably data isn't available up to the current date.

So at the absolute minimum the data in Maryland is 50% the month of May.

Not to mention using your logic, the sickest of the the sickest would have been vaccinated earlier.

The people getting vaccinated in April/May are going to be your younger/healthier lower risk individuals.

So you shouldn't expect a huge spike in data from may vs may/June

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #3868 on: June 29, 2021, 04:29:21 PM »

Were talking about 3% of people making up 11% of hospitalizations and 11 % of deaths

VS on a national level for the month of May it was 0.1% and 0.8%

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #3869 on: June 29, 2021, 05:28:32 PM »
Why do you have to try and galaxy brain everything? There’s
The math doesn't add up

I loooove how you ignore the explanation from the OP directly below the question you’re referencing here.  Appreciate the determination you put into your shitposting though.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2021, 05:30:07 PM by SixFeetDeep »

Tags: