Author Topic: Coronavirus SZN Forever  (Read 357564 times)

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
Re: Coronavirus SZN Forever
« Reply #3496 on: February 19, 2021, 07:46:46 PM »
How much of a factor do the recent blizzards play into these numbers?

Have to imagine that transmissions would be down because of that, testing done would be WAY WAY down, and reported covid deaths would probably also be down.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #3497 on: February 19, 2021, 08:45:45 PM »
The U.S. is working to vaccinate a high percentage of its population against COVID-19 as soon as possible to stop the spread of the disease and end the outbreak in the country.

The mission becomes even more urgent as coronavirus variants emerge around the world, raising concerns that the virus could evade our efforts to control it, if the spread is not curbed quickly.

Since vaccine distribution began in the U.S. on Dec. 14, more than 57 million doses have been administered, reaching 12.4% of the total U.S. population, according to federal data collected by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The U.S. is currently administering over 1.8 million shots a day.

Npr

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #3498 on: February 19, 2021, 08:50:37 PM »
How much of a factor do the recent blizzards play into these numbers?

Have to imagine that transmissions would be down because of that, testing done would be WAY WAY down, and reported covid deaths would probably also be down.

The numbers have been dropping for weeks. My best guess is post-holidays decline plus the vaccine finally starting to take effect.

At this point you have to think most of the people that are high potential spreaders of the virus are either:

1) frontline/essential workers that have gotten vaccinated or will be shortly
2) people that are continually out and about for whatever reason and have already contracted covid, recovered, and moved on

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #3499 on: February 20, 2021, 03:46:57 PM »
The numbers have been dropping for weeks. My best guess is post-holidays decline plus the vaccine finally starting to take effect.

At this point you have to think most of the people that are high potential spreaders of the virus are either:

1) frontline/essential workers that have gotten vaccinated or will be shortly
2) people that are continually out and about for whatever reason and have already contracted covid, recovered, and moved on

Well I don't know about the rest of the country, but where I am the major colleges recently went back into session. And there was a massive spike in cases, including the new variants all from jerkoffy college kids. I believe there was also several hundred cases linked to frats, with the college pumping out 200 or so positive cases a day in students alone.

Worth monitoring how the return to school angle impacts covid on a national level

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #3500 on: February 21, 2021, 05:53:00 PM »

delavan

• Shaun Ellis

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #3502 on: February 24, 2021, 09:29:29 AM »
https://twitter.com/jeffisrael25/status/1364257411356311561?s=21

“ getting one dose of Pfizer and one dose of Moderna its called an Arnold Pharma”

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #3503 on: February 24, 2021, 09:40:09 AM »
https://twitter.com/jeffisrael25/status/1364257411356311561?s=21

“ getting one dose of Pfizer and one dose of Moderna its called an Arnold Pharma”
   Hi Bred, 'sup?

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #3504 on: February 24, 2021, 10:30:34 AM »
COVID-19
·
2 hours ago
FDA says Johnson & Johnson’s single-shot COVID-19 vaccine is safe and effective
A US Food and Drug Administration review released on Wednesday found the drugmaker’s single-dose vaccination to be safe and approximately 66% effective in preventing moderate to severe COVID-19. It would be the third COVID-19 vaccine in the US if authorized by the FDA, and the first that requires just one dose, according to reports.

the Woddy special
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #3505 on: February 25, 2021, 07:57:25 AM »
Thanks to 4 years of at sea duty and my poor mental coping skills, I have developed hypertension which at times - even here on shore duty - borders on severe condtions (190/120 or greater). As a result, I now qualify for DC's vaccine priority distribution. Hooray.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #3506 on: February 25, 2021, 07:59:36 AM »
Thanks to 4 years of at sea duty and my poor mental coping skills, I have developed hypertension which at times - even here on shore duty - borders on severe condtions (190/120 or greater). As a result, I now qualify for DC's vaccine priority distribution. Hooray.

gratz
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #3507 on: February 25, 2021, 08:03:55 AM »

Damn, that's high.  I'm on meds for hypertension too.  Mine is genetic (thanks Dad). 

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #3508 on: February 25, 2021, 08:29:26 AM »
Damn, that's high.  I'm on meds for hypertension too.  Mine is genetic (thanks Dad). 

Yeah, pretty sure the "extra blood tests" they gave me that day were just to lower my BP to the point that they could release me.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #3509 on: February 25, 2021, 10:42:42 AM »
Thanks to 4 years of at sea duty and my poor mental coping skills, I have developed hypertension which at times - even here on shore duty - borders on severe condtions
 (190/120 or greater)
. As a result, I now qualify for DC's vaccine priority distribution. Hooray.
  Please take care of yourself Cato and even more importantly stay on top of it
  https://www.heart.org/en/coronavirus/coronavirus-covid-19-resources/keeping-a-lid-on-blood-pressure-during-the-coronavirus-crisis

Tags: