Author Topic: Coronavirus SZN Forever  (Read 357866 times)

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
Re: Coronavirus SZN Forever
« Reply #3330 on: December 22, 2020, 02:13:43 PM »
I think there are many things about which politicians can and should be dragged, but this isn't one of them. A significant proportion of them may be absolute cunts who deserve a good dose of the rona (everyone will have their own views who forms that percentage), but there are a number of reasons why it is important for politicians in high office to have the vaccine and be seen to be having it.

Impressive.  I type the c-word and end up with the Chaucerian queynte instead.  :-)

back on-topic: Biden holding presser ("darkest days ahead").  Euronews: UK corona mutant = travel bans left and right

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #3331 on: December 22, 2020, 02:24:32 PM »
Impressive.  I type the c-word and end up with the Chaucerian queynte instead.  :-)

You have the naughty words filter turned on. You can turn it off by going into Profile > Account Settings > Look and Layout > check the box next to Leave words uncensored.

You do however get credit for recognizing Middle English, you're clearly an educated man.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #3332 on: December 22, 2020, 03:35:07 PM »
You have the naughty words filter turned on. You can turn it off by going into Profile > Account Settings > Look and Layout > check the box next to Leave words uncensored.

You do however get credit for recognizing Middle English, you're clearly an educated man.

$%%$ *&^  #@#&!!  #%$#  $Z&^$@!!
Thank you sir.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #3333 on: December 22, 2020, 03:41:59 PM »
Wrong.  And what's more your own self-described "national treasure" Ilhan Omar didn't mince words either, calling it "shameful." 

https://twitter.com/IlhanMN/status/1340771970359697409

Ilhan Omar
@IlhanMN
It would makes sense if it was age, but unfortunately it’s of importance and its shameful.
We are not more important then frontline workers, teachers etc. who are making sacrifices everyday.
Which is why I won’t take it.
People who need it most, should get it.
Full stop.
Quote Tweet

Anand Giridharadas
@AnandWrites
 · Dec 20
Serious question. Is seemingly our entire top political leadership getting the vaccine ahead of others because of their age or their importance?

edit: Personally, I don't have a problem with politicos getting the vaccine, they should....my post was more about tweaking the diva-ish photo-op optics and the dramatic, self-serving quote of hers that accompanied it.  No one's a "hands off" sacred cow.  They're politicians, not celebrities, not rock stars.
I'm not reading all that, my reply was about the facetious take on AOC. Not about vaccine priority.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #3334 on: December 22, 2020, 03:46:34 PM »

but there are a number of reasons why it is important for politicians in high office to have the vaccine and be seen to be having it.

This. Some people are skeptical because the government has a history of treating people who look like them as lab rats, other people are antivax because they saw a YouTube video from someone with a personality disorder, but whatever the case, it's good to normalize and encourage vaccination.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #3335 on: December 22, 2020, 07:49:48 PM »

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #3338 on: December 24, 2020, 11:10:51 AM »

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #3339 on: December 27, 2020, 05:44:48 PM »
December is now the deadliest month in the pandemic

Jan       0   
Feb       1 
Mar       5,277 
April      60,738 
May       41,703 
June      20,112 
July       26,446 
Aug       29,532 
Sept      23,418 
Oct        23,974 
Nov       36,964 
Dec       63,575

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #3340 on: December 29, 2020, 03:19:29 PM »
https://twitter.com/nyjets/status/1344027857807417349

I did not know Ryan Griffin was on the COVID list.

He's one of the 99.99% that survived it.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #3341 on: December 29, 2020, 03:26:04 PM »
He's one of the 99.99% that survived it.

Deadliest year in American history, keep repeating this dumbass line though.

You had better hope none of your friends or family die from it or you’re going to look like a pretty big poopchute just to get across some internet jokes.

freak off

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #3342 on: December 29, 2020, 03:29:28 PM »
Deadliest year in American history, keep repeating this dumbass line though.

You had better hope none of your friends or family die from it or you’re going to look like a pretty big poopchute just to get across some internet jokes.

freak off

Not a joke it's a fact, 99.99% survive. Sorry it's not as scary as you'd like it to be. And the death rate is about flat line.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #3343 on: December 29, 2020, 03:39:24 PM »
Not a joke it's a fact, 99.99% survive. Sorry it's not as scary as you'd like it to be. And the death rate is about flat line.

I’m sorry that you still haven’t figured out that the problem with this virus isn’t the death rate, but the transmission rate. No one is scared but you are acting like a freaking idiot. It’s really not that hard to figure out.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #3344 on: December 29, 2020, 03:42:51 PM »
This is the deadliest year in U.S. history, with deaths expected to top 3 million for the first time — due mainly to the coronavirus pandemic.

Final mortality data for this year will not be available for months. But preliminary numbers suggest that the United States is on track to see more than 3.2 million deaths this year, or at least 400,000 more than in 2019.

U.S. deaths increase most years, so some annual rise in fatalities is expected. But the 2020 numbers amount to a jump of about 15 percent, and could go higher once all the deaths from this month are counted.

That would mark the largest single-year percentage leap since 1918, when tens of thousands of U.S. soldiers died in World War I and hundreds of thousands of Americans died in a flu pandemic. Deaths rose 46 percent that year, compared with 1917.

The excess mortality rate has always been the most ironclad rebuttal to covid deniers.

https://ourworldindata.org/excess-mortality-covid

That link has an interactive chart in it that lets you compare different countries and their excess deaths throughout the year.

Tags: