Author Topic: Coronavirus SZN Forever  (Read 359434 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Re: Coronavirus SZN Forever
« Reply #3315 on: December 20, 2020, 06:05:10 PM »
  Youthful 31 yr. old politician gets the vaccine ahead of nurses and health care workers.

“I would would never, ever ask you to do something I wasn’t willing to do myself."  - Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

What selflessness!  Thank you for leading the way Alexandria - remain steadfast and stay brave !

https://nypost.com/2020/12/20/aoc-records-herself-getting-covid-19-vaccine-for-instagram/
Ok boomer

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #3316 on: December 20, 2020, 06:45:35 PM »
I’m far angrier at Senators who spent the last 9 months either downplaying the severity of the pandemic or flat out denying it getting the vaccine before front line and health care workers.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #3317 on: December 20, 2020, 07:11:51 PM »
And healthcare workers are far angrier at the jerkoffy administrators and managers getting it before Frontline workers as well.

Ill also point out, (and I have no idea how widespread this is) but at least at my institution the biggest bottleneck to the administration process is the lack of people to administer the vaccine and or lack of places to administer it. Not the actual vaccine itself.

I have zero freaking idea how that's even remotely possible since literally any licensed Healthcare professional can administer a freaking shot with about 2 minutes of training.  And this isn't some rinky dink private facility, but one of the largest in the state/country and is probably in the 2nd of institutions (ie its not a Hopkins or Cleveland clinic, but the next step down)

The sheer incompetence is staggering at all levels. America knows nothing about leadership, from top to bottom

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #3318 on: December 20, 2020, 10:28:01 PM »
  Youthful 31 yr. old politician gets the vaccine ahead of nurses and health care workers.

“I would would never, ever ask you to do something I wasn’t willing to do myself."  - Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

What selflessness!  Thank you for leading the way Alexandria - remain steadfast and stay brave !

https://nypost.com/2020/12/20/aoc-records-herself-getting-covid-19-vaccine-for-instagram/

Why would you pick out AOC for this, but not Marco Rubio? Is he less healthy or more at risk than AOC?
A cross-dressing limey poofter

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #3320 on: December 21, 2020, 04:54:47 PM »
UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson announced Sunday that tighter restrictions would be put in place over the holiday season as a new more contagious strain of the coronavirus has resulted in a record number of daily cases, CNN reports. 

The United Kingdom will enter a Tier 4 lockdown, which requires many businesses to remain closed, and for people to stay at home unless for necessities. It will also forbid households from mixing on Christmas Day. 

According to CNN, France and the Republic of Ireland have suspended travel to and from the United Kingdom for the next two days. Belgium will not allow travelers from the UK to come into the country for 24 hours, and Italy's ban has no end date. Latvia and the Netherlands, meanwhile, will keep people from the UK out until next year.

These new restrictions come after the United Kingdom reported a new high of 35,928 cases earlier today. The surge is being attributed to a new, more infectious strain of the coronavirus, which accounts for 60 percent of infections in London alone. "The spread is being driven by the new variant of the virus," Johnson said. "It appears to spread more easily and may be up to 70 percent more transmissable than the earlier strain."

freak off, mate

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #3321 on: December 21, 2020, 05:08:34 PM »
Fuckin' redcoats
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #3322 on: December 21, 2020, 06:24:20 PM »
Can't spell nuke without UK

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #3323 on: December 21, 2020, 07:13:35 PM »
Can't spell nuke without UK

can't spell UK without ukilledkenny
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #3324 on: December 21, 2020, 07:17:36 PM »
« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 11:18:18 AM by Badger »

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #3325 on: December 22, 2020, 11:03:27 AM »
This is the deadliest year in U.S. history, with deaths expected to top 3 million for the first time — due mainly to the coronavirus pandemic.

Final mortality data for this year will not be available for months. But preliminary numbers suggest that the United States is on track to see more than 3.2 million deaths this year, or at least 400,000 more than in 2019.

U.S. deaths increase most years, so some annual rise in fatalities is expected. But the 2020 numbers amount to a jump of about 15 percent, and could go higher once all the deaths from this month are counted.

That would mark the largest single-year percentage leap since 1918, when tens of thousands of U.S. soldiers died in World War I and hundreds of thousands of Americans died in a flu pandemic. Deaths rose 46 percent that year, compared with 1917.

All hype

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #3326 on: December 22, 2020, 11:19:22 AM »

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #3327 on: December 22, 2020, 11:21:12 AM »
All hype
The excess mortality rate has always been the most ironclad rebuttal to covid deniers.

https://ourworldindata.org/excess-mortality-covid

That link has an interactive chart in it that lets you compare different countries and their excess deaths throughout the year.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #3328 on: December 22, 2020, 01:51:35 PM »
Ok boomer

Wrong.  And what's more your own self-described "national treasure" Ilhan Omar didn't mince words either, calling it "shameful." 

https://twitter.com/IlhanMN/status/1340771970359697409

Ilhan Omar
@IlhanMN
It would makes sense if it was age, but unfortunately it’s of importance and its shameful.
We are not more important then frontline workers, teachers etc. who are making sacrifices everyday.
Which is why I won’t take it.
People who need it most, should get it.
Full stop.
Quote Tweet

Anand Giridharadas
@AnandWrites
 · Dec 20
Serious question. Is seemingly our entire top political leadership getting the vaccine ahead of others because of their age or their importance?

edit: Personally, I don't have a problem with politicos getting the vaccine, they should....my post was more about tweaking the diva-ish photo-op optics and the dramatic, self-serving quote of hers that accompanied it.  No one's a "hands off" sacred cow.  They're politicians, not celebrities, not rock stars. 
« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 01:59:19 PM by delavan »

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #3329 on: December 22, 2020, 01:56:56 PM »
I think there are many things about which politicians can and should be dragged, but this isn't one of them. A significant proportion of them may be absolute cunts who deserve a good dose of the rona (everyone will have their own views who forms that percentage), but there are a number of reasons why it is important for politicians in high office to have the vaccine and be seen to be having it.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Tags: