Author Topic: Coronavirus SZN Forever  (Read 358417 times)

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
Re: Coronavirus SZN Forever
« Reply #3300 on: December 18, 2020, 11:59:47 AM »
Now isn't the time to worry about deficits. Not that anyone has given a excrement about it in the past 4 years anyway.  I think they should raise the amount of stimulus checks but lower the income limit phaseout so more goes to poorer people.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #3301 on: December 18, 2020, 02:10:15 PM »
A cross-dressing limey poofter

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #3302 on: December 18, 2020, 03:59:50 PM »
Now isn't the time to worry about deficits. Not that anyone has given a excrement about it ever.

FYP.

Slightly off topic, but how incredibly reassuring for those of us with elderly relatives to see the CDC literally taking "social justice factors" into account in determining who gets vaccinated first.

As opposed to who's most at risk.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #3303 on: December 18, 2020, 08:04:49 PM »
Jesus the US has pre-ordered enough vaccine for 153% of the population. Yippee we peasants will be lucky to see a needle this side of June 2021, should you want to take it. I know quite a few people that will not take a vaccine.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #3304 on: December 18, 2020, 08:48:30 PM »
Jesus the US has pre-ordered enough vaccine for 153% of the population. Yippee we peasants will be lucky to see a needle this side of June 2021, should you want to take it. I know quite a few people that will not take a vaccine.

That sounds like a lot until you know that other countries have ordered massively higher multiples; Canada has ordered over 10x as much as it needs, the EU has purchased 3x, and even the dysfunctional shitfest that is the UK has ordered something like 7x. You have to hedge against some vaccines turning out to not be as efficacious as others, and the potential of it wearing off and some people needing to be treated a second time. This is going to be a cash cow for the pharma companies for some time to come.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #3305 on: December 18, 2020, 11:36:14 PM »
That sounds like a lot until you know that other countries have ordered massively higher multiples; Canada has ordered over 10x as much as it needs, the EU has purchased 3x, and even the dysfunctional shitfest that is the UK has ordered something like 7x. You have to hedge against some vaccines turning out to not be as efficacious as others, and the potential of it wearing off and some people needing to be treated a second time. This is going to be a cash cow for the pharma companies for some time to come.

Oh I know, it also doesn't take into account the options the US has in place to order more. For instance, the US is close to optioning another 100M from Pfizer and has similar deals in place with Moderna and Novavax, so 153% is just a base percentage. Of course, that entails the drug companies making an immense amount of a vaccine that has never been approved and produced before.

Messenger RNA which is what these vaccines are made of, is a relatively new treatment and the companies making it pivoted from cancer treatments to virus treatments. So who the freak knows if they can produce what they say they can produce or contracted to.

I am ok with this being a cash cow if and only if:

1) They can actually deliver the amounts sufficient to vaccinate a substantial percent of the population, particularly those in dire need of it.

2.) The efficacy of the vaccines are near what they say or high enough to put a dent in the virus spreading or larger, stop the pandemic , preferably both.
3) Use this experience as a test run for the real potential of messenger rna treatments, such as cancer, genetic disorders, more virulent diseases and the gold standard-custom tailored treatments for the sick.

If stuff like that were to happen then they can milk the vaccine for all it's worth imo.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 11:38:40 PM by Miamipuck »
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #3306 on: December 19, 2020, 01:20:23 PM »

:-)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #3308 on: December 19, 2020, 03:34:30 PM »

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #3309 on: December 19, 2020, 03:37:18 PM »
Breaking news: most people would like extra money.
It apparently is news to the pro austerity crowd

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #3310 on: December 19, 2020, 08:51:20 PM »
It apparently is news to the pro austerity crowd

The pro austerity crowd are also mostly in favour of receiving extra money, they just don't want other people to.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #3311 on: December 19, 2020, 11:35:11 PM »
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #3312 on: December 20, 2020, 07:49:57 AM »
^the farts the next day would kill a goat.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #3313 on: December 20, 2020, 08:51:23 AM »
The pro austerity crowd are also mostly in favour of receiving extra money, they just don't want other people to.
You'd be surprised, some people are so cucked that they're declaring they don't want it.

But as the polling shows, it's like 12%.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #3314 on: December 20, 2020, 05:29:05 PM »

Youthful 31 yr. old politician gets the vaccine ahead of nurses and health care workers.

“I would would never, ever ask you to do something I wasn’t willing to do myself."  - Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

What selflessness!  Thank you for leading the way Alexandria - remain steadfast and stay brave !

https://nypost.com/2020/12/20/aoc-records-herself-getting-covid-19-vaccine-for-instagram/

Tags: