Author Topic: Coronavirus SZN Forever  (Read 358210 times)

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
Re: Coronavirus SZN Forever
« Reply #2883 on: September 20, 2020, 11:56:39 AM »
Perine and Williamson are both active.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #2886 on: September 21, 2020, 04:49:17 PM »
Overhyped

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #2887 on: September 21, 2020, 04:49:22 PM »
Cancel rent, you bastards

Which bastards?
A cross-dressing limey poofter

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #2888 on: September 21, 2020, 06:17:39 PM »
The cancel rent thing really bothers me

I work in the property management industry. We have both residential and commercial holdings. If people/commercial tenants stop paying rent, my company's business will immediately tank. That means our vendors don't get paid and employees will have to be let go.

Canceling rent is not the answer. Stimulus money for citizens and SMBs to pay their bills is the only reasonable answer
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #2889 on: September 21, 2020, 06:34:39 PM »

I work in the property management industry. We have both residential and commercial holdings. If people/commercial tenants stop paying rent, my company's business will immediately tank. That means our vendors don't get paid and employees will have to be let go.

Canceling rent is not the answer. Stimulus money for citizens and SMBs to pay their bills is the only reasonable answer
I agree.  Cancelling rent sounds good in theory, but it just shifts the pain to someone else.  It's easy to say freak the people collecting the rent, but they aren't all rich fat cats and those larger companies have employees.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #2890 on: September 21, 2020, 06:44:02 PM »

The short term answer is actually the government supporting the top end of the pyramid. Tenants get a rent holiday (not deferral), landlords get a mortgage holiday (tough excrement if you own it, you're not out), mortgage providers can apply to the government for support if they can show hardship.

LOL at the idea of any part of that process actually working properly, but it's what should be done.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #2891 on: September 21, 2020, 07:49:59 PM »
The short term answer is actually the government supporting the top end of the pyramid. Tenants get a rent holiday (not deferral), landlords get a mortgage holiday (tough excrement if you own it, you're not out), mortgage providers can apply to the government for support if they can show hardship.

LOL at the idea of any part of that process actually working properly, but it's what should be done.

I wholeheartedly disagree with you for the same reason I diametrically oppose trickle down economics. Those who don't have, need resources to spend--not the other way around.

The idea that an owner who doesn't currently owe a mortgage isn't out ignores what I pointed out earlier: there are employee salaries and vendors' invoices to be paid. No income means no payouts.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #2892 on: September 21, 2020, 07:56:06 PM »
I wholeheartedly disagree with you for the same reason I diametrically oppose trickle down economics. Those who don't have, need resources to spend--not the other way around.

The idea that an owner who doesn't currently owe a mortgage isn't out ignores what I pointed out earlier: there are employee salaries and vendors' invoices to be paid. No income means no payouts.

I'm broadly in favour of what you suggest, but not when it comes to corporate rents. I'm not in favour of commercial landlords with massive asset bases not taking their share of the current pain, especially when money is cheaper than it has ever been.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #2893 on: September 21, 2020, 08:14:52 PM »
I'm broadly in favour of what you suggest, but not when it comes to corporate rents. I'm not in favour of commercial landlords with massive asset bases not taking their share of the current pain, especially when money is cheaper than it has ever been.

That's a little bit different

If we're talking about landlords giving a break to a restaurant storefront that's suffering, yeah, I get it. But corporations need to pay rent--they're still making money.

But my point is more in favor of residential renters, which is generally who are the subject of "cancel rent" arguments. Those folks need assistance to pay their rent and bills. Just saying "you don't have to pay your rent this month" helps no one.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #2894 on: September 21, 2020, 08:19:25 PM »
That's a little bit different

If we're talking about landlords giving a break to a restaurant storefront that's suffering, yeah, I get it. But corporations need to pay rent--they're still making money.

But my point is more in favor of residential renters, which is generally who are the subject of "cancel rent" arguments. Those folks need assistance to pay their rent and bills. Just saying "you don't have to pay your rent this month" helps no one.

Short term I agree on residential rentals, although there's still something quite broken about the system. Providing money to renters keeps the system running for now though.

Tags: