Author Topic: Coronavirus SZN Forever  (Read 358725 times)

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
Re: Coronavirus SZN Forever
« Reply #2805 on: August 27, 2020, 06:06:28 PM »
i am not trying to be mean. you deliver food, you have treated 0 patients with coronavirus, you've seen multiple videos from whackadoo doctors on social media spreading unscientific information about coronavirus that have no backing by any sort of evidence-based medicine, and you know one guy that died from covid. you stand on strong, objective ground when you make the proclamations about the virus that you do

i am not trying to be mean. you deliver food, you have treated 0 patients with coronavirus, you've seen multiple videos from whackadoo doctors on social media spreading unscientific information about coronavirus that have no backing by any sort of evidence-based medicine, and you know one guy that died from covid. you stand on strong, objective ground when you make the proclamations about the virus that you do

Since we're appealing to authority, you know better right?

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/yale-epidemiologist-says-hydroxychloroquine-could-save-up-to-100k-lives-if-used-for-coronavirus

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #2806 on: August 27, 2020, 07:02:00 PM »
Since we're appealing to authority, you know better right?

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/yale-epidemiologist-says-hydroxychloroquine-could-save-up-to-100k-lives-if-used-for-coronavirus

Well, if we're going to keep climbing the authority ladder, here's the Dean of the Yale School of Public Health:

https://medicine.yale.edu/news-article/26290/

Yale-affiliated physicians used HCQ early in the response to COVID-19, but it is only used rarely at present due to evidence that it is ineffective and potentially risky.

Then we can look, as we always should in matters of science, at peer review:

https://medium.com/@gregggonsalves/statement-from-yale-faculty-on-hydroxychloroquine-and-its-use-in-covid-19-47d0dee7b2b0

But he is not an expert in infectious disease epidemiology and he has not been swayed by the body of scientific evidence from rigorously conducted clinical trials, which refute the plausibility of his belief and arguments.

the evidence thus far has been unambiguous in refuting the premise that HCQ is a potentially effective early therapy for COVID-19

Your move.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2020, 07:04:22 PM by Johnny English »
A cross-dressing limey poofter

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2807 on: August 27, 2020, 07:12:28 PM »
This HCQ debate is so freaking obnoxious

It's negative affects/risks are fairly well documented as its been used for many years. It's benefits in treating COVID are questionable at best,if not potentially promising.

But regardless it's extremely irresponsible for anyone in a position of power/authority to put excrement out there like this during a pandemic with mass hysteria.

Countless drugs have gotten sold out and or backordered nationally/globally because of uneducated ignorant people playing doctor Google and self medicating. Make your decisions/risks with your medical team, none of this excrement should be a national debate or issue.

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #2808 on: August 27, 2020, 07:13:01 PM »
Well, if we're going to keep climbing the authority ladder, here's the Dean of the Yale School of Public Health:

https://medicine.yale.edu/news-article/26290/

Then we can look, as we always should in matters of science, at peer review:

https://medium.com/@gregggonsalves/statement-from-yale-faculty-on-hydroxychloroquine-and-its-use-in-covid-19-47d0dee7b2b0

Your move.

i was going to respond to his post about that link, but i am currently stressing over a presentation i have to bang out for tomorrow and cannot spend that much time. i appreciate this response and i'm going to address that post sometime tomorrow afternoon

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #2809 on: August 27, 2020, 09:18:00 PM »
Only 100% effective treatment for covid is sitting in your basement, pounding beers, and never leaving.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #2810 on: August 27, 2020, 11:20:27 PM »
Only 100% effective treatment for covid is sitting in your basement, pounding beers, and never leaving.
I'm singlehandedly curing it then, you're freaking welcome

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #2811 on: August 28, 2020, 07:04:43 AM »

doesn't benefit the people who have you hiding in your home.

Ah yes, the infamous people who are faking the pandemic for inexplicable purposes and no clear benefit. Makes perfect sense.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2812 on: August 28, 2020, 07:27:19 AM »

Ah yes, the infamous people who are faking the pandemic for inexplicable purposes and no clear benefit. Makes perfect sense.

So the deep state can set up more pedophilia basements in your local pizza shops built without basements.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #2813 on: August 28, 2020, 01:39:43 PM »

THIS!

Of all the stupid excrement being spewed on the Coronavirus topic, this is easily the most ignorant thing being spouted.

Who exactly benefits in any way with this shutdown? The millions unemployed? The people wondering if its safe to send their kids to school or the teachers filling out their wills "just in case"?
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2814 on: August 28, 2020, 02:24:11 PM »
I certainly don't believe that coronavirus is a conspiracy. But has the narrative not been that the left/media is exaggerating it so that Trump loses the election? (and by narrative I mean that pushed by those people saying this is a crazy conspiracy blah blah blah)

It's actually a fairly simple premise.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #2815 on: August 28, 2020, 02:36:15 PM »
I certainly don't believe that coronavirus is a conspiracy. But has the narrative not been that the left/media is exaggerating it so that Trump loses the election? (and by narrative I mean that pushed by those people saying this is a crazy conspiracy blah blah blah)

Also that the cure / vaccine is being suppressed by the deep state to hurt Trump in the election.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #2816 on: August 28, 2020, 06:02:52 PM »

How would hyping a pandemic (lol) lead to more votes for Biden? If anything it puts his voting base in question.  Telling everybody they shouldn’t leave their house, but also, get out there and vote! isnt a real strategy

I guess we’ll see in November, but there’s not a chance voter turnout is as high in 2020 as 2016, for a multitude of reasons.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2020, 06:06:41 PM by SixFeetDeep »

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #2817 on: August 28, 2020, 06:33:49 PM »
How would hyping a pandemic (lol) lead to more votes for Biden? If anything it puts his voting base in question.  Telling everybody they shouldn’t leave their house, but also, get out there and vote! isnt a real strategy

I guess we’ll see in November, but there’s not a chance voter turnout is as high in 2020 as 2016, for a multitude of reasons.
He's probably going to encourage them to mail in votes, not get out and vote.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2818 on: August 28, 2020, 06:41:48 PM »

COVID-19 is probably going to be the biggest historic event in most people's lives. And if the narrative is that Trump royally fucked up the handling of it, letting it wildly spread out of control?

Do you not think that's something people will remember heading into November? While presumably BLM and the economy will be 2 of the 3 biggest issues heading into the election, I'd have to imagine COVID > all else

Example  from NPR 3 days ago

Nationally, 37% of Americans think Trump would do a better job handling the coronavirus than his Democratic opponent Joe Biden, according to a recent NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist poll, while 53% favor Biden.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2020, 06:46:30 PM by dcm1602 »

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #2819 on: August 28, 2020, 06:55:19 PM »
He's probably going to encourage them to mail in votes, not get out and vote.

The mail in vote laws in this country are freaking retarded. Imagine having a national election based on winning certain random states on mail in votes with not every state having the same laws.

Tags: