Author Topic: Coronavirus SZN Forever  (Read 359491 times)

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
Re: Coronavirus SZN Forever
« Reply #2760 on: August 27, 2020, 01:07:17 PM »
Reading someone referring to a global pandemic that has led to the deaths of 170,000 Americans as over hyped is mind boggling.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #2761 on: August 27, 2020, 01:13:10 PM »
Reading someone referring to a global pandemic that has led to the deaths of 170,000 Americans as over hyped is mind boggling.

Some people's minds aren't up to certain tasks. It's ok.

Maybe if #KillerCuomo hadn't sent COVID positive patients into nursing homes when everyone already knew the elderly were most at risk, the death count would be much lower. But there's been like 4 deaths in NJ in the past month, so let's keep everything closed.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2762 on: August 27, 2020, 01:16:06 PM »
Some people's minds aren't up to certain tasks. It's ok.

If you were trying I don’t think you would be able to achieve this level of irony. I’m also not sure why you are only keying on two states.

There have been 12 deaths this week alone. Please stop.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2020, 01:21:38 PM by CatoTheElder »
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #2763 on: August 27, 2020, 01:25:34 PM »
If you were trying I don’t think you would be able to achieve this level of irony. I’m also not sure why you are only keying on two states.

There have been 12 deaths this week alone. Please stop.

Oooh, 12. Do you have any context of past viruses or any other dangers that have faced our population over the years and we haven't reacted like this? People want to act like it's still March and we know nothing about the virus, at which time "15 days to flatten the curve" sounded reasonable.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #2764 on: August 27, 2020, 01:41:58 PM »
Oooh, 12. Do you have any context of past viruses or any other dangers that have faced our population over the years and we haven't reacted like this? People want to act like it's still March and we know nothing about the virus, at which time "15 days to flatten the curve" sounded reasonable.

The virus is super infectious, and there's no treatment for it.  People are dying by the thousands in your country (not just the elderly).  That's why people reacted like this.

Maybe take your head out of the sand.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #2765 on: August 27, 2020, 01:43:15 PM »
The virus is super infectious, and there's no treatment for it.  People are dying by the thousands in your country (not just the elderly).  That's why people reacted like this.

Maybe take your head out of the sand.

Yeah, welcome to last April.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #2766 on: August 27, 2020, 01:43:55 PM »
Yeah, welcome to last April.

Nothing has changed. Actually, it got worse.
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #2767 on: August 27, 2020, 01:49:20 PM »
Nothing has changed. Actually, it got worse.

Yeah.

You guys are getting off track, by the way. This thread is for the NBA, whose boycott nobody seemed to care about and now it's over.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2768 on: August 27, 2020, 01:50:08 PM »

As MB said, it’s super contagious and there is no cure.

Quarantining is what stops it from spreading. Not taking the quarantine seriously or ending the quarantine too early is what slows and eventually stops the spread.

What we have learned since March is that the lasting effects of the virus can possibly include permanent organ damage to the lungs and heart. This is nothing to be taken lightly. It’s killed 170,000 Americans so far. Overall, America constitutes 25% of the cases discovered in the world. How is any of this overhyped?

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2769 on: August 27, 2020, 01:52:21 PM »

Yeah.

You guys are getting off track, by the way. This thread is for the NBA, whose boycott nobody seemed to care about and now it's over.

If you keep referring to the pandemic as overhyped in threads that aren’t about the global pandemic, you’re going to continue to get responses about how this line of thinking is dangerous.

It gets even more troubling when you continue to complain about the shutdown being unnecessary while posting evidence that the shutdown is working.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #2770 on: August 27, 2020, 01:55:50 PM »

Yeah.

Dude...that's still bad.  And when flu season arrives in a month or two....your numbers will skyrocket again.  You obviously fail to see the big picture, and unfortunately you're not the only one, which is why the US is in the state that it's in.  Uneducated people like yourself not doing your part.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #2771 on: August 27, 2020, 03:50:11 PM »
If you keep referring to the pandemic as overhyped in threads that aren’t about the global pandemic, you’re going to continue to get responses about how this line of thinking is dangerous.

It gets even more troubling when you continue to complain about the shutdown being unnecessary while posting evidence that the shutdown is working.

It worked when it was necessary, which it is no longer and hasn't been for a while. We have testing, knowledge, treatments that for some reason get pulled off the Internet, the hospitals are not, and were never, overrun. "Flatten the curve" was for when the curve was going up, look at it now.

Look up the numbers from H1N1. You've lost all perspective to the point where an opinion you don't like is considered "dangerous". That's what's dangerous--on a discussion board in a supposedly free country.

Speaking of which....

You’ve been warned. Just walk away.

When you can't form a coherent thought and the facts don't support you, shut down opposing speech. Fear not, mj is not a doctor with a solution who must be silenced. He's a Devils fan, we boycotted the playoffs before it was cool.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #2772 on: August 27, 2020, 03:56:48 PM »
It worked when it was necessary, which it is no longer and hasn't been for a while. We have testing, knowledge, treatments that for some reason get pulled off the Internet, the hospitals are not, and were never, overrun. "Flatten the curve" was for when the curve was going up, look at it now.

Look up the numbers from H1N1. You've lost all perspective to the point where an opinion you don't like is considered "dangerous". That's what's dangerous--on a discussion board in a supposedly free country.

Speaking of which....

When you can't form a coherent thought and the facts don't support you, shut down opposing speech. Fear not, mj is not a doctor with a solution who must be silenced. He's a Devils fan, we boycotted the playoffs before it was cool.
You know H1N1 isn’t nearly as infectious as Covid right?

You’re really good at facts *eyeroll*

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #2773 on: August 27, 2020, 03:59:20 PM »
treatments that for some reason get pulled off the Internet

L
M
F
A
O

let's have a JO journal club. please bring up the studies regarding the life-saving treatments you say are being 'pulled', please analyze the results, please explain and critique the study design and methods, and please interpret whether the studies actually mean a damn based off all of that.

people excrement on fauci so much, he is literally a medical expert speaking to the population and to politicians about why the studies they're bringing up regarding certain treatments are trash and poorly designed, and people don't want to listen. it's all just a part of the conspiracy

what else has to be done, what more do you people want

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #2774 on: August 27, 2020, 04:05:56 PM »
L
M
F
A
O

let's have a JO journal club. please bring up the studies regarding the life-saving treatments you say are being 'pulled', please analyze the results, please explain and critique the study design and methods, and please interpret whether the studies actually mean a damn based off all of that.

people excrement on fauci so much, he is literally a medical expert speaking to the population and to politicians about why the studies they're bringing up regarding certain treatments are trash and poorly designed, and people don't want to listen. it's all just a part of the conspiracy

what else has to be done, what more do you people want

You people??? Hey. :D

Fauci looks more and more like a fraud the longer we see him, but that's probably to be expected from a 50 year Washington bureaucrat. If the doctors who spoke out were wrong, why weren't they just answered for everyone to see? Why are they silenced? Because a drug that was approved 60 years ago and is dirt cheap doesn't benefit the people who have you hiding in your home.

Tags: