Author Topic: Coronavirus SZN Forever  (Read 358132 times)

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
Re: Coronavirus SZN Forever
« Reply #2730 on: August 13, 2020, 08:52:55 AM »
Not really. We were talking about the hypothetical situation in which Trump announces the availability of Putin's vaccine to American citizens as an election stunt, and you were laughing about the idea that the hated liberals would suddenly become anti-vaxxers. I'm just wondering whether you would also be anti that particular vaccine.

If Biden announced the same vaccine the libs would eat it up. Orange man bad.

If Fauci approved the vaccine and said it meets their testing requirements and is 100% safe, is that good enough? Because Trump continually announcing something like “Hydroxychloroquine works!” doesnt mean that it then gets rolled out for public consumption.

My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #2731 on: August 13, 2020, 09:00:35 AM »
If Biden announced the same vaccine the libs would eat it up. Orange man bad.

But Biden isn't the President, so this is just whataboutism. And yes, orange man is bad. Only the rabid clowns don't know that by now.

If Fauci approved the vaccine and said it meets their testing requirements and is 100% safe, is that good enough? Because Trump continually announcing something like “Hydroxychloroquine works!” doesnt mean that it then gets rolled out for public consumption.

Yes of course it is, because I think we mostly trust Fauci. He wouldn't actually say something like that without the FDA first approving it, which means proper trials, which means that Fauci wouldn't be approving it in October. So then back to my point, which is why Badger chose to turn my semi-joking hypothetical into "hur-dur but the libs become anti-vax because orange man bad" when I don't think anyone would actually be shocked if Trump did try to pull a stunt like that, and I don't think it would be at all unreasonable to be anti that particular vaccine.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #2732 on: August 13, 2020, 09:07:23 AM »
I missed the part where it’s unveiled in October. Def seems like a move Trump would pull, but there’s no way they can go through all the necessary protocol to actually make it available around then. Whatever he’s announcing would be empty words, per usual.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2733 on: August 13, 2020, 09:13:55 AM »
What Trump says is irrelevant. Because the companies and physicians delivering the vaccine would be opening their doors to massive liability. Regardless of whatever kind of bullshit emergency treatment laws are in place. They'd be sticking out their necks financially and criminally

Because regardless of what some people think, the government doesn't own and control everything in the world

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #2734 on: August 13, 2020, 09:18:44 AM »
What Trump says is irrelevant. Because the companies and physicians delivering the vaccine would be opening their doors to massive liability. Regardless of whatever kind of bullshit emergency treatment laws are in place. They'd be sticking out their necks financially and criminally

Because regardless of what some people think, the government doesn't own and control everything in the world

Yes, I am aware of all of this. None of it detracts from my original question, which is whether anyone would be remotely surprised if Trump announced the Vlad vaccine in October as "I've cured covid". We can talk all we like about the reasons why it couldn't and wouldn't actually be feasible to have it approved by that stage, but do you think that actually matters to him - or a lot of his supporters?

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #2735 on: August 13, 2020, 09:22:14 AM »
Yes, I am aware of all of this. None of it detracts from my original question, which is whether anyone would be remotely surprised if Trump announced the Vlad vaccine in October as "I've cured covid". We can talk all we like about the reasons why it couldn't and wouldn't actually be feasible to have it approved by that stage, but do you think that actually matters to him - or a lot of his supporters?

the Vlad vaccine has only gone through stage 1 testing.  I wouldn't go near that excrement with a 10 foot pole......and you know where i stand on the urgency of getting vaccinated.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #2736 on: August 13, 2020, 09:26:22 AM »
I’ll take it just to see if I can feel alive

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #2737 on: August 13, 2020, 09:32:43 AM »
I’ll take it just to see if I can feel alive

inject it into your peepee hole
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #2738 on: August 13, 2020, 10:15:06 AM »
Not really. We were talking about the hypothetical situation in which Trump announces the availability of Putin's vaccine to American citizens as an election stunt, and you were laughing about the idea that the hated liberals would suddenly become anti-vaxxers. I'm just wondering whether you would also be anti that particular vaccine.

This scenario will never play but I'd regard it the same as any other vaccine.

Edit: I'll clarify, Russia is a non-issue, Trump is more of a negative if he's announcing a vaccine as an October surprise. But American, Russian, Chinese, Sri Lankan, not an issue to me.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 10:19:22 AM by Badger »

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #2739 on: August 13, 2020, 10:52:15 AM »
This scenario will never play but I'd regard it the same as any other vaccine.

Edit: I'll clarify, Russia is a non-issue, Trump is more of a negative if he's announcing a vaccine as an October surprise. But American, Russian, Chinese, Sri Lankan, not an issue to me.

RIP

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2740 on: August 13, 2020, 01:56:21 PM »
I don’t care of the origin so long as it passes actual clinical tests. The problem that I have with the Russian one right now is that it isn’t even past stage 1 of human testing.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2741 on: August 13, 2020, 02:01:09 PM »

I mean if they're Trump supporters already why does it matter what they think?

Political zealots are brainwashed

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #2742 on: August 13, 2020, 02:46:19 PM »
I mean if they're Trump supporters already why does it matter what they think?

Political zealots are brainwashed

I don't think it really does. I wasn't positing it as anything other than a vaguely amusing possibility that is scarily viable, I think such an announcement would reinforce his status as whatever you already think he is.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #2744 on: August 13, 2020, 05:41:04 PM »
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away