Author Topic: Coronavirus SZN Forever  (Read 358433 times)

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
Re: Coronavirus SZN Forever
« Reply #2550 on: July 14, 2020, 11:21:08 PM »
I wasn't referring to people on this board but rather the media narrative as well all these epidemiologists who have come out with very absurd POV that protests don't contribute to COVID.

Sure my stance on the protest will always be about comparing numbers to numbers, but I'm not even going there.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #2551 on: July 15, 2020, 05:28:31 AM »

it doesn't take a ton of unpacking to see that almost all of your posts have very politically-driven stances behind them

In dcm world if a stance isn't purely partisan then it's not political.

It's a common theme among people who fancy themselves centrist or independent.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2552 on: July 15, 2020, 05:40:11 AM »

In dcm world if a stance isn't purely partisan then it's not political.

It's a common theme among people who fancy themselves centrist or independent.

I was trying to touch on the issue without getting into politics. Not because I'm a centrist or independent, but because I think the more political you get in a conversation with someone that doesn't agree with you the more likely it is to devolve into angry bickering where people just treat each other like pieces of excrement.

I still find myself inherently obnoxious butting into political issues far more than I should (thankfully 99% of it is on here) but talking politics is such a freaking miserable thing. Social media has just turned all things political into such a nasty bitter thing. Yeah Trump has made things worse, but it was horrendous long before Trump was even a thought

And as obnoxious as I am, I do make every effort to run in terror from the extremely toxic excrement, like that you see everytime certain members of this board interact
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 05:43:34 AM by dcm1602 »

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #2553 on: July 15, 2020, 06:34:47 AM »
Politics has always been nasty, to say otherwise is naive at best, or at worst done intentionally to disparage a current pol by appealing to some imagined past civility (see the Biden campaign's "return to decency" facade).

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2554 on: July 15, 2020, 06:40:26 AM »
Politics has always been nasty, to say otherwise is naive at best, or at worst done intentionally to disparage a current pol by appealing to some imagined past civility (see the Biden campaign's "return to decency" facade).

Well it's certainly been nasty as far as I can remember (the end of Clinton start of Bush)

But social media has unquestionably made it soooo much worse

It emboldens people, and leads to all kinds of manipulation and nastiness thst people would not partake in prior to this era

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #2555 on: July 15, 2020, 09:32:21 AM »
https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/14/politics/trump-administration-coronavirus-hospital-data-cdc/index.html

Hospital data on coronavirus patients will now be rerouted to the Trump administration instead of first being sent to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Department of Health and Human Services confirmed to CNN on Tuesday.

The move could make data less transparent to the public at a time when the administration is downplaying the spread of the pandemic, and threatens to undermine public confidence that medical data is being presented free of political interference.

Those numbers are gonna magically get better now.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #2556 on: July 15, 2020, 09:33:12 AM »
Well it's certainly been nasty as far as I can remember (the end of Clinton start of Bush)

But social media has unquestionably made it soooo much worse

It emboldens people, and leads to all kinds of manipulation and nastiness thst people would not partake in prior to this era
I'll concede that social media has people more easily expressing thoughts they would have previously self-censored, for better or worse.

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #2557 on: July 15, 2020, 10:14:48 AM »
https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/14/politics/trump-administration-coronavirus-hospital-data-cdc/index.html

Those numbers are gonna magically get better now.

this is bad for the dissemination of active/daily updates, but the practice-changing findings that come from published studies in scientific journals should not be affected. in the novel time of coronavirus, trials and manuscripts are being accepting/published in a fantastically expedited manner

my hospital has its own daily rundown of coronavirus statistics for our network, which is what i've been using with regards to my own work. however, i have had to use the CDC site a few times over the past couple of months, and i didn't think it was that bad. i did have some trouble looking up a couple of the metrics i was interested in, but i also factor in that i am not the typical citizen that goes to the CDC's site to find out some information. i don't think the way in which the CDC was disseminating information was the actual issue; they just don't want the CDC to be in control of that any more. surprised that caputo pretty much blatantly said that in the article

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #2559 on: July 15, 2020, 05:34:36 PM »
Thinking of starting up a mask manufacturer. I'm only going to make them in a variety of camouflage patterns and I'm going to sell them exclusively via infomercials as "TACTICAL MASK AS WORN BY THE NAVY SEALS". Feel like I'd make a bunch of money and cure 80% of the problem.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #2560 on: July 15, 2020, 06:18:03 PM »
Thinking of starting up a mask manufacturer. I'm only going to make them in a variety of camouflage patterns and I'm going to sell them exclusively via infomercials as "TACTICAL MASK AS WORN BY THE NAVY SEALS". Feel like I'd make a bunch of money and cure 80% of the problem.
Just make red MAGA masks.  Tell them every time they wear it, a dollar doesn't (cough while saying) go to reelect Trump and it also has special Jesus antiseptic that kills 287% of keronavirus.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 06:21:54 PM by bojanglesman »

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #2561 on: July 15, 2020, 06:21:30 PM »
Just make red MAGA masks.  Tell them every time they wear it, a dollar (probably) goes to reelect Trump and it also has special Jesus antiseptic that kills 287% of keronavirus.

Saw a guy wearing one of those with his nose exposed.  Hopefully they don't have any ventilators when he needs one. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #2562 on: July 15, 2020, 06:33:50 PM »
Saw a guy wearing one of those with his nose exposed.  Hopefully they don't have any ventilators when he needs one.
"Sir, we need you to close your eyes and wait for the ventilator to live."

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2563 on: July 15, 2020, 10:21:27 PM »
Just make red MAGA masks.  Tell them every time they wear it, a dollar doesn't (cough while saying) go to reelect Trump and it also has special Jesus antiseptic that kills 287% of keronavirus.

I've been saying for a while. Trump should have just sold/given away cheap MAGA masks to everyone, just like we have the cheap MAGA hats.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2564 on: July 16, 2020, 07:12:07 AM »
Gov. Kemp is nullifying mask orders in Georgia.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1283582057742864384?s=20
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Tags: