Author Topic: Coronavirus SZN Forever  (Read 359188 times)

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
Re: Coronavirus SZN Forever
« Reply #2460 on: July 04, 2020, 08:22:44 AM »
It freaking sickens me that there are motherfuckers in this country that think even a SINGLE freaking death is an acceptable loss to this virus. We had China AND Italy as freaking warnings before this excrement started killing Americans.

Eat a big freaking dick with that percentages bullshit.

Yeah, I'm drunk. And still, freak that percentages bullshit.

Man, you should really hate Cuomo, Wolf, Whitmer and Murphy since it was their idiocy that was DIRECTLY responsible for some 40% of the deaths from this virus in this country.

When people say there are no stupid questions I'm going to read them this.

Ah yes, Jumbo called out the logical fallacy running rampant in this place-he must be mocked, ridiculed and struggle sessioned so as never to go against The Board again.

ons

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #2461 on: July 04, 2020, 08:42:26 AM »
Music is banned. No one can listen to it ever again. It's completely eliminated from the world. In exchange, one million people have their lives saved.

It's not real and it's not going to happen, it's a theoretical question.

The thing about proper quarantining and social distancing is that the more comprehensively it was applied, the less time it would have to be in place. Strong directives across all states that shut things down with minimal social contact in a coordinated effort with high compliance means it would be significantly easier to contact trace down the road and open things up more comprehensively faster. To play along with the premise of the question, it would be more akin to asking people to not listen to music for two months for the sake of everyone being able to listen to music safely down the road.

Man, you should really hate Cuomo, Wolf, Whitmer and Murphy since it was their idiocy that was DIRECTLY responsible for some 40% of the deaths from this virus in this country.

I think that's a reasonable take, although I'm generally more sympathetic to earlier hit areas when less was known about both transmission and treatment. I wasn't paying close attention to messaging/shut-down measures in most states, but I thought NY did a relatively atrocious job early on. Not necessarily too little, but significantly too late. I hope death rates remain low, but I'd guess as the pandemic continues, we'll hit critical hospital bed shortages in at least a couple of areas leading to another spike in what should've been easily preventable deaths, especially as fall and flu season approach.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #2462 on: July 05, 2020, 08:04:51 PM »
I mean poverty can kill people in a different way so economic concerns are legitimate. You just need to take a look at the people hit hardest by this and the correlation with socioeconomics and its pretty clear that the economy is tied to your health and life/quality of life in a major way

However in this case shitty decision making from millions of people has led to a devastating loss of life AND an absolutely crippling impact on the economy.

I know people want to pretend that you can just open things up and a handful of stragglers will die but everything will be alright otherwise. But all its going to do is drag this excrement out kill more people and slow bleed the economy.

I'm very much a go-go economy cheerleader but it's blatantly freaking obvious that what we've done and what we're doing is in no way the best thing for the economy.
Poverty is, in the US in the year 2020, completely curable. Can't say the same for covid yet. All economic suffering (actual suffering, not falling short of a projected fortune) can be alleviated. We just choose not to do this.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2463 on: July 06, 2020, 07:26:13 AM »
Poverty is, in the US in the year 2020, completely curable. Can't say the same for covid yet. All economic suffering (actual suffering, not falling short of a projected fortune) can be alleviated. We just choose not to do this.

If you think poverty is easier to cure than COVID you've been drinking too much Bernie juice.

Name modern country that doesn't have poverty? Maybe one country ever all time?

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #2464 on: July 06, 2020, 07:36:23 AM »

If you think poverty is easier to cure than COVID you've been drinking too much Bernie juice.

Name modern country that doesn't have poverty? Maybe one country ever all time?

Poverty in the US is directly the result of commodifying human needs and punishing people with a perceived lack of economic value. We have enough resources to do away with it.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #2465 on: July 06, 2020, 03:08:56 PM »
A cross-dressing limey poofter

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2466 on: July 06, 2020, 03:17:06 PM »
Well that is one of the saddest things I’ve read.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2467 on: July 06, 2020, 04:40:40 PM »
Could also go in a number of other threads, including Only In Florida, Horrific Things and Homicide Cases.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/07/florida-teen-dies-after-conspiracy-theorist-mom-takes-her-to-church-covid-party-and-tries-to-treat-her-with-trump-approved-drug-report/

While there's smoke there, there's a ton of highly questionable things about the article. Especially its reliance on the word allegedly. Not to mention the source for everything seems to be a disgruntled employee who should in theory have an agenda.

Entirely possible it's 100% true, but it sounds shady as freak

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #2469 on: July 07, 2020, 11:04:23 AM »
Bolsanaro tested positive. Fingers crossed.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #2470 on: July 08, 2020, 08:43:24 AM »
#BREAKING: Murphy order to require face coverings outdoors in NJ when social distancing not possible
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2471 on: July 08, 2020, 10:23:15 AM »
#BREAKING: Murphy order to require face coverings outdoors in NJ when social distancing not possible

Good.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #2473 on: July 08, 2020, 01:32:50 PM »
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2474 on: July 09, 2020, 11:05:43 AM »

Tags: