Author Topic: Coronavirus SZN Forever  (Read 359835 times)

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
Re: Coronavirus SZN Forever
« Reply #2340 on: June 25, 2020, 02:36:03 PM »
My wife was told they're working from home until October at the very least....and Winnipeg is considered the safest place virus-wise in North America outside of the Nunuvut (the North Pole).

A buddy of mine who I used to work with has been told to stay remote until at least January, and if he doesn't want to return to the office, he never has to go back.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #2341 on: June 25, 2020, 02:43:48 PM »
A buddy of mine who I used to work with has been told to stay remote until at least January, and if he doesn't want to return to the office, he never has to go back.

We go from WFH Mandated to WFH Recommended on July 6th, we've grouped desks into "pods" of three and only one can be in use at any given time and you have to book your pod online before you can go in. All facilities including fridges, kitchen, coffee machine and so on are out of action and if you leave the office you can't return the same day, so you have to take everything you might want - food, coffee, water etc - with you. Meeting rooms are also closed and converted into offices temporarily, any meetings have to be held on the picnic tables outside.

Next step after that will be WFH Optional and that's likely to be our permanent state from here onwards. We used to allow staff to work from home when they needed to but the general expectation was that people would mostly come into the office, but we're likely to change that to WFH at the sole discretion of the employee without any need for managerial approval. We're lucky that what we do really doesn't require anyone to be in the office - it's just nice to be in that environment.

Suspect I'll go in once a week at very most during WFH Recommended and even then only for parts of the day. It doesn't sound like much fun.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #2342 on: June 25, 2020, 02:48:52 PM »
We go from WFH Mandated to WFH Recommended on July 6th

I'll be surprised if that's still the case when July 6th gets here
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #2343 on: June 25, 2020, 02:54:52 PM »
I'll be surprised if that's still the case when July 6th gets here

We're in Ontario. We could do it now if we wanted as we're in Stage 2 of reopening. Our numbers - new cases, hospitalisations, ICU - continue to track downwards. In a province of 14 million people we're adding fewer than 200 new cases a day, we have fewer than 300 people in hospital and around 70 in ICU. We're in a very different place to you.

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #2345 on: June 25, 2020, 04:06:49 PM »

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #2346 on: June 25, 2020, 04:07:22 PM »
We're in a very different place to you.

okay guy

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #2347 on: June 25, 2020, 04:31:30 PM »
okay guy

Context - Texas has three quarters the population of Canada. Yesterday you reported over twice as many new cases as we did on our worst day of this entire thing. Yesterday we reported 279 cases and you reported 5500. Your case numbers are still rising while ours have been declining for over a month, and you already have 25% more total confirmed cases than we do (126K v 102K).

We are in a controlled opening phase and there's no way my office won't be opening a week on Monday. excrement is under control here. Infections are down, hospitalisations are down, deaths are down. Our healthcare system never came close to being overwhelmed and our ICUs got to something like 40% of capacity at their worst. And we handled it worse than most of the other provinces.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #2348 on: June 25, 2020, 04:33:15 PM »
Context - Texas has three quarters the population of Canada. Yesterday you reported over twice as many new cases as we did on our worst day of this entire thing. Yesterday we reported 279 cases and you reported 5500. Your case numbers are still rising while ours have been declining for over a month, and you already have 25% more total confirmed cases than we do (126K v 102K).

We are in a controlled opening phase and there's no way my office won't be opening a week on Monday. excrement is under control here. Infections are down, hospitalisations are down, deaths are down. Our healthcare system never came close to being overwhelmed and our ICUs got to something like 40% of capacity at their worst. And we handled it worse than most of the other provinces.

Ontario and Quebec are still on the excrement list.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #2349 on: June 25, 2020, 05:15:44 PM »
Ontario and Quebec are still on the excrement list.

I did say that we handled it worse than the others. We just weren't US bad.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #2350 on: June 25, 2020, 05:21:49 PM »

Stock on dude wipes.  You've been forewarned. 

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #2351 on: June 25, 2020, 05:22:22 PM »
Stock on dude wipes.  You've been forewarned. 

#BidetMasterRace

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #2352 on: June 25, 2020, 07:10:46 PM »
#BidetMasterRace
Do they have bidets in work offices up there?

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #2353 on: June 25, 2020, 07:17:17 PM »
Do they have bidets in work offices up there?

Pretty sure I can co-ordinate my shitting to not have to do it in the office.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #2354 on: June 25, 2020, 08:08:11 PM »
Pretty sure I can co-ordinate my shitting to not have to do it in the office.
I don't have that kind of zen-like bowel control.  I eat breakfast, have some coffee, have to dump 30-90 minutes later.  I'm not getting up earlier to avoid a work dump.  I am a bidet fan though.

Tags: