Author Topic: Coronavirus SZN Forever  (Read 357981 times)

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
Re: Coronavirus SZN Forever
« Reply #2190 on: June 10, 2020, 11:41:16 AM »
Respectfully disagree

*shrug* I understand. There's no question he didn't have a leg up in the first place, but he learned the business from the bottom to the top, to me that's earning it.

He also replaced a woman who was the previous president (who had replaced the owner). And he himself was replaced by a woman when he was promoted to president.

Rich people are never going to go through the same process as poor people, but I feel like my company does well in terms of merit-based promotion.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #2191 on: June 10, 2020, 11:48:20 AM »
My wife works at a non-profit.  Has been more productive since working from home, even with the kids running around.  But the old farts on the board want everyone to come back in at some point because they are older and that's the way work has to be.  Have building, must show up.  Right now she's working from home 3 days a week.  Hopefully she can keep doing that for a while.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #2192 on: June 10, 2020, 11:50:41 AM »
Interestingly, the son went to law school and from what I was told he was dead-set on not taking over dad's business. A couple of years after I started working there, he joined the company and actually worked his way up. I give the guy a lot of respect. Obviously, it wasn't a completely "did it all myself" story, but he's earned his way to the top.
At one of my jobs I got yelled at by my boss's wife (the owner's daughter) because she perceived I wasn't working because I wasn't typing when she walked by.

But after that I had a job where a mother and son had founded a company, sold it to a larger company and stayed on as local management. They were decent people to work for.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #2193 on: June 10, 2020, 11:55:25 AM »
My company was purchased/absorbed by a much larger corporation because we were better than them in certain areas. 

If you can't beat 'em, buy 'em out. 

They initially were going to let the founder stay on as Sales Director but when the merger went into full effect, they canned him in about a week. 

Not like he's in a bad spot.  He sold the company and the app for millions, but still sucks to not have him around to have our backs. 

My new boss is someone's son, but he at least has tons of credibility in the sales world.  He helped start Vivint Smart Home with his dad's money, so he knows how to run and grow a start-up. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #2194 on: June 10, 2020, 12:00:24 PM »
My company was purchased/absorbed by a much larger corporation because we were better than them in certain areas. 

If you can't beat 'em, buy 'em out. 

They initially were going to let the founder stay on as Sales Director but when the merger went into full effect, they canned him in about a week. 

Not like he's in a bad spot.  He sold the company and the app for millions, but still sucks to not have him around to have our backs. 

My new boss is someone's son, but he at least has tons of credibility in the sales world.  He helped start Vivint Smart Home with his dad's money, so he knows how to run and grow a start-up.
Can he start Tough Shop Burgin' and lead it to glory?

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #2195 on: June 10, 2020, 12:02:56 PM »
Heismanberg should go into his boss's office and pitch the idea a la SNL's Laser Cats.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #2196 on: June 10, 2020, 12:04:46 PM »
Heismanberg should go into his boss's office and pitch the idea a la SNL's Laser Cats.

He would probably throat punch me
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #2197 on: June 10, 2020, 12:18:52 PM »
Has anyone actually been to Fuddruckers or even verify it’s existence?

They used to be all around NJ, I remember when there were two on route 22 (Union and Bridgewater) and one in Toms River.

I loved their burgers but they were greasy as freak. GREAT selection of arcades as a kid in the Toms River one including NBA Jam.

Anyway, my old paralegal has to go into the office tomorrow, and I do not envy that excrement. Job boards are starting to open up, so I'm not worried about landing something before the supplemental 600 a week goes away by the end of July.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #2198 on: June 10, 2020, 12:51:50 PM »

you really want the "Adam Gase" with extra sauce eh
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #2199 on: June 10, 2020, 12:57:50 PM »
you really want the "Adam Gase" with extra sauce eh
Either that or the Hope Solo Beef Curtain Sandwich with melted cheddar.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 01:00:30 PM by bojanglesman »

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #2200 on: June 10, 2020, 05:54:08 PM »
i went to a fuddruckers on route 46 in parsippany in 2013 after playing hours of basketball

there were no hot girls there

i don't remember anything about the food

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #2201 on: June 10, 2020, 06:41:40 PM »
i went to a fuddruckers on route 46 in parsippany in 2013 after playing hours of basketball

there were no hot girls there

i don't remember anything about the food
On my drives back from Binghamton I used to meet someone at the Sonic on Rt 17 in Hasbrouck Heights to sell adderall.

Let's all tell our weird burger adjacent life experiences.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2202 on: June 10, 2020, 07:32:26 PM »
On my drives back from Binghamton I used to meet someone at the Sonic on Rt 17 in Hasbrouck Heights to sell adderall.

Let's all tell our weird burger adjacent life experiences.

One time I ate a burger and went over to a 60 year old man’s house and made him freak me in the derriere in front of his kids.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #2203 on: June 11, 2020, 06:35:03 AM »
Let's go back to talking about the pandemic.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2204 on: June 11, 2020, 08:12:58 AM »
Not an Adam Sandler fan?

https://youtu.be/oV1CWspYDt8
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Tags: