Author Topic: Coronavirus SZN Forever  (Read 357794 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Re: Coronavirus SZN Forever
« Reply #2175 on: June 10, 2020, 11:05:13 AM »
Has anyone actually been to Fuddruckers or even verify it’s existence?
Yes, stopped there for lunch on a middle school field trip about 20 years ago.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #2176 on: June 10, 2020, 11:06:35 AM »
When this is all over, I say we put some cash together and open up Tough Shop Burgin'

#BurnFuddruckers
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #2177 on: June 10, 2020, 11:07:09 AM »
When this is all over, I say we put some cash together and open up Tough Shop Burgin'

#BurnFuddruckers
Dowell Burgins

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #2178 on: June 10, 2020, 11:09:30 AM »

#BurnFuddruckers

Tough Shop Burgin' serves "The Adam Gase" ....it's a double burger loaded with Dowell's jizz.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #2179 on: June 10, 2020, 11:16:51 AM »
Tough Shop Burgin' serves "The Adam Gase" ....it's a double burger loaded with Dowell's jizz.
They're gonna get sued for stealing McD's recipe

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #2180 on: June 10, 2020, 11:17:41 AM »
I'm very hesitant, since the beginning of all this (and we only had 300 cases in total).  I can't imagine going back to work if i worked in NY.  freak that noise.

We haven't heard anything about potential return (thankfully).  We've proven that our jobs can be 100% be done remotely, so i'm hoping there won't be any arm-twisting.

Our company president (newly minted just months before the crisis) has supposedly been overly impressed with the performance of remote workers. And yet, his father, the owner and chairman, supposedly wants everyone back in the office. Again, it's wait-and-see until after my boss (CFO) meets with the 2 of them tomorrow. I'm not hopeful though.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #2181 on: June 10, 2020, 11:18:00 AM »
They're gonna get sued for stealing McD's recipe

thank god i only stick to their breakfast menu
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #2182 on: June 10, 2020, 11:18:55 AM »
Our company president (newly minted just months before the crisis) has supposedly been overly impressed with the performance of remote workers. And yet, his father, the owner and chairman, supposedly wants everyone back in the office. Again, it's wait-and-see until after my boss (CFO) meets with the 2 of them tomorrow. I'm not hopeful though.

someone needs to assassinate the old man *cough cough*

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #2183 on: June 10, 2020, 11:23:07 AM »
Has anyone actually been to Fuddruckers or even verify it’s existence?

Never went inside, but in Howard Beach, Queens they built one back in the 90s. Before that, it had been the site of my favorite pizza place ever (Pizza City) that had the best ever Sicilian slice.

I just tried googling it and it doesn't seem to be there anymore. I haven't been down Crossbay Blvd in probably 25 years.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #2184 on: June 10, 2020, 11:26:56 AM »

And yet, his father, the owner

I do not miss this sort of thing

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #2185 on: June 10, 2020, 11:28:44 AM »
Never went inside, but in Howard Beach, Queens they built one back in the 90s. Before that, it had been the site of my favorite pizza place ever (Pizza City) that had the best ever Sicilian slice.

I just tried googling it and it doesn't seem to be there anymore. I haven't been down Crossbay Blvd in probably 25 years.
There are 2 in northern NJ and no others within a reasonable distance of NYC.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2186 on: June 10, 2020, 11:29:20 AM »
There used to be one in Chinatown in DC but that one has been long gone.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #2187 on: June 10, 2020, 11:29:39 AM »
someone needs to assassinate the old man *cough cough*

What's crazy is he's actually a really nice, family-oriented, guy. And of all people, I may like him more than most. When I resigned from my job a few months ago after getting a nice offer, he came into the office while on vacation to make a counter-offer to keep me--and company policy has long been to not match any offer.

I just don't understand this. Again, it's not like the work isn't getting done. I've worked harder and for longer hours the last 12 weeks than I have in the last 18 years here. I want to get back to "normal" too, but nothing is going to be normal until there's a vaccine, so I don't understand the rush to return if the job doesn't absolutely require it (and I still feel bad for anyone who has continued to work or is going back to a public-facing job).

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #2188 on: June 10, 2020, 11:33:20 AM »

I do not miss this sort of thing

Interestingly, the son went to law school and from what I was told he was dead-set on not taking over dad's business. A couple of years after I started working there, he joined the company and actually worked his way up. I give the guy a lot of respect. Obviously, it wasn't a completely "did it all myself" story, but he's earned his way to the top.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #2189 on: June 10, 2020, 11:34:38 AM »
but he's earned his way to the top.

Respectfully disagree
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Tags: