Author Topic: Coronavirus SZN Forever  (Read 358510 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
Re: Coronavirus SZN Forever
« Reply #2162 on: June 10, 2020, 10:05:36 AM »
https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/06/08/asymptomatic-coronavirus-patients-arent-spreading-new-infections-who-says.html

And they walked that back within hours. Turns out, it's likely more like 40% asymptomatic transfer and they "miscommunicated."
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #2163 on: June 10, 2020, 10:09:13 AM »
My job is preparing for a return to the office on June 22. I'll know more Friday, but it almost sounds like the plan is "Get your asses back to work. All of you."

I'm not happy. There are supposedly some people from my office who are very excited, and there are others who want an absolute mutiny.

I just saw a bunch of places who have started re-opening are already seeing spikes in cases. Of course right-wing Twitter is all about "Of course, because protests!!!11one"
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #2164 on: June 10, 2020, 10:13:06 AM »
And they walked that back within hours. Turns out, it's likely more like 40% asymptomatic transfer and they "miscommunicated."

That's not at all what they said.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/09/who-scrambles-to-clarify-comments-on-asymptomatic-coronavirus-spread-much-is-still-unknown.html

Studies show that about 16% of the population may be asymptomatic, she said. Some models developed by other scientists suggest as much as 40% of global transmission may be due to asymptomatic individuals, she said, clarifying her comments.

“Some estimates of around 40% of transmission may be due to asymptomatic, but those are from models, so I didn’t include that in my answer yesterday, but wanted to make sure that I covered that here,” Kerkhove said.

Stop being a raging doomer.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #2165 on: June 10, 2020, 10:13:06 AM »
My job is preparing for a return to the office on June 22. I'll know more Friday, but it almost sounds like the plan is "Get your asses back to work. All of you."

My office is bringing people back that day too, but they've given us the option to stay home if we want (thankfully). 

They are also bringing in child care workers in hopes of bringing more people back to the office. 

My boss really wants me to go back to assist with a new hire group but I'm waiting it out.  Things are getting gross down here and the cases are skyrocketing.
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #2166 on: June 10, 2020, 10:25:04 AM »

I'm not happy. There are supposedly some people from my office who are very excited, and there are others who want an absolute mutiny.

I just saw a bunch of places who have started re-opening are already seeing spikes in cases. Of course right-wing Twitter is all about "Of course, because protests!!!11one"
My boss called me last second on Monday afternoon to ask if anything had changed regarding my childcare situation but emphasized that we weren't reopening yet.

Honestly until schools reopen or it's safe to send my kids over to my elderly in-laws then I'm not comfortable returning to the office. And that's mostly to preserve my wife's sanity, not even considering the risk of my workplace which sees a ton of elderly or otherwise immunocompromised people.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #2167 on: June 10, 2020, 10:28:30 AM »
That's not at all what they said.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/09/who-scrambles-to-clarify-comments-on-asymptomatic-coronavirus-spread-much-is-still-unknown.html

Stop being a raging doomer.

Cases are spiking where re-opening is occurring. Yes, I'm admittedly overly paranoid. I'm also still healthy and would really like to remain that way.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #2168 on: June 10, 2020, 10:29:42 AM »
Cases are spiking where re-opening is occurring. Yes, I'm admittedly overly paranoid. I'm also still healthy and would really like to remain that way.
But what about Fuddruckers?

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #2169 on: June 10, 2020, 10:33:57 AM »
My office is bringing people back that day too, but they've given us the option to stay home if we want (thankfully). 

They are also bringing in child care workers in hopes of bringing more people back to the office. 

My boss really wants me to go back to assist with a new hire group but I'm waiting it out.  Things are getting gross down here and the cases are skyrocketing.

Yeah, I'm waiting to see what is said, but the impression I'm getting is that everyone is expected to return when the office opens, and I'm not at all on board with that. I work on the 35th floor, so I have to take an elevator to an office that has no windows that open. We have 2 bathrooms per floor, per gender, and about 100 people of each per floor. I don't see any way to make this a safe environment to return to.

My boss called me last second on Monday afternoon to ask if anything had changed regarding my childcare situation but emphasized that we weren't reopening yet.

Honestly until schools reopen or it's safe to send my kids over to my elderly in-laws then I'm not comfortable returning to the office. And that's mostly to preserve my wife's sanity, not even considering the risk of my workplace which sees a ton of elderly or otherwise immunocompromised people.

My wife and I are seriously considering not sending our kid back to school in September and just homeschooling him until there's a vaccine.

Again, I'm admittedly very paranoid, but I'm not taking risks with the health of my family or myself.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #2170 on: June 10, 2020, 10:42:33 AM »
But what about Fuddruckers?

Their burger bar comes with a side of immunity

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #2171 on: June 10, 2020, 10:55:07 AM »
Yeah, I'm waiting to see what is said, but the impression I'm getting is that everyone is expected to return when the office opens, and I'm not at all on board with that. I work on the 35th floor, so I have to take an elevator to an office that has no windows that open. We have 2 bathrooms per floor, per gender, and about 100 people of each per floor. I don't see any way to make this a safe environment to return to.

My wife and I are seriously considering not sending our kid back to school in September and just homeschooling him until there's a vaccine.

Again, I'm admittedly very paranoid, but I'm not taking risks with the health of my family or myself.

I'm very hesitant, since the beginning of all this (and we only had 300 cases in total).  I can't imagine going back to work if i worked in NY.  freak that noise.

We haven't heard anything about potential return (thankfully).  We've proven that our jobs can be 100% be done remotely, so i'm hoping there won't be any arm-twisting.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #2172 on: June 10, 2020, 11:01:57 AM »
Has anyone actually been to Fuddruckers or even verify it’s existence?
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #2173 on: June 10, 2020, 11:04:05 AM »

we had one here in Winnipeg back in the late 80s.  It shutdown before i could sample the greatness.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #2174 on: June 10, 2020, 11:04:32 AM »

Yes, it's not good but the burgers are #big

Tags: