Author Topic: Coronavirus SZN Forever  (Read 358976 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Re: Coronavirus SZN Forever
« Reply #2130 on: June 04, 2020, 03:02:53 PM »
This thread was nearly on page 2. Covid learning what a fickle mistress the news cycle can be. Anyway:

https://www.kmov.com/news/no-new-covid-19-cases-connected-to-memorial-day-weekend-crowds-at-lake-of-the/article_07f0e618-a653-11ea-bb4c-b313599c6423.html
May have had something to do with my effort to bump non-inflammatory topics

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #2131 on: June 05, 2020, 11:03:26 AM »
The incoming second wave should be p cool
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #2132 on: June 05, 2020, 11:36:50 AM »
The incoming second wave should be p cool

I had a couple of conversations about that this week with friends. People are terrified to go back to work--myself included. Nobody wants to be in that initial group who returns to risk work.

Then this morning, on a conference call, the CFO asked everyone to start thinking about which days they'd like to be in the office and who they want to be there with. You could hear a pin drop.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #2133 on: June 05, 2020, 12:11:09 PM »
I had a couple of conversations about that this week with friends. People are terrified to go back to work--myself included. Nobody wants to be in that initial group who returns to risk work.

Then this morning, on a conference call, the CFO asked everyone to start thinking about which days they'd like to be in the office and who they want to be there with. You could hear a pin drop.

yuppp, same conversation at my job 2 weeks ago brought back less than 20% of the company want to return to the office.

they spent too much money remodeling to have no one "enjoy the new office" and are requiring 50% of people come in. if less than 50% signup(because they are introducing an "airline style" system to book workspaces) theyll automatically schedule the person with the longest time since being in to come in.

i have my own office space i share with another guy, and they are trying to say one of us must be in the office everyday. freak you, i can do my job from my basement just fine.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #2134 on: June 05, 2020, 12:17:15 PM »
yuppp, same conversation at my job 2 weeks ago brought back less than 20% of the company want to return to the office.

they spent too much money remodeling to have no one "enjoy the new office" and are requiring 50% of people come in. if less than 50% signup(because they are introducing an "airline style" system to book workspaces) theyll automatically schedule the person with the longest time since being in to come in.

i have my own office space i share with another guy, and they are trying to say one of us must be in the office everyday. freak you, i can do my job from my basement just fine.

I'm going to burn vacation if "forced" to return. No way I'm being in the first wave of people back. I'll play wait-and-see if people get sick. Sorry, ain't gonna be me.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #2135 on: June 05, 2020, 12:20:16 PM »

I'm going to burn vacation if "forced" to return.

Same. Though I'm not as concerned about the virus as I am annoyed at having to return to that grind.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #2136 on: June 05, 2020, 12:26:11 PM »
I know the organisation I work for is much smaller than the ones you guys work for, but among my colleagues the overwhelming feeling is that we all want to be back in the office as soon as possible.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2137 on: June 05, 2020, 12:28:29 PM »
I know the organisation I work for is much smaller than the ones you guys work for, but among my colleagues the overwhelming feeling is that we all want to be back in the office as soon as possible.

I most definitely do not want to be back in the office.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #2138 on: June 05, 2020, 12:33:26 PM »

I personally feel the same way....but it has to be safe first.   I hate working from home.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2139 on: June 05, 2020, 01:34:55 PM »
I think the majority of people in my department will be working from home for the foreseeable future.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #2140 on: June 05, 2020, 01:36:11 PM »
I think the majority of people in my department will be working from home for the foreseeable future.

Same here
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #2141 on: June 05, 2020, 01:42:21 PM »

Ours too, not least because we can do so with pretty much no detriment to how we do our jobs. We develop and sell software, there's really no reason why we need to be in an office and given our CTO owns the building we don't even have to worry about paying rent on a building we're not using. We just really want to go back because we like our office, the people we work with and for, and the interaction that we have during a working day.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #2142 on: June 05, 2020, 01:43:29 PM »
We just really want to go back because we like our office, the people we work with and for, and the interaction that we have during a working day.

QFT
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #2143 on: June 05, 2020, 02:17:50 PM »
I have no desire to ride public transportation an hour each way to and from the office with random people, then queue up for the elevator bank to take a 35-floor ride with at least one other person who I probably don't even know and could be sick.

I have no desire to be in an enclosed office with any number of people who come into work possibly sick, whether unwittingly or because they fear for their jobs. With exactly zero windows that can be opened in the entire office.

I don't need the interaction. I miss a couple of people, but I'm quite alright without seeing them and only speaking to them on the phone once in a while. I have my wife and kids here with me, I do a weekly virtual happy hour on Wednesdays with some professional friends, and I keep in touch with family.

Personally, I like being healthy. I'll happily go back to the office when there's a reliable vaccine. Till then, if you want to return to the petri dish, have fun with that.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #2144 on: June 05, 2020, 05:05:20 PM »
I have no desire to ride public transportation an hour each way to and from the office with random people, then queue up for the elevator bank to take a 35-floor ride with at least one other person who I probably don't even know and could be sick.

I have no desire to be in an enclosed office with any number of people who come into work possibly sick, whether unwittingly or because they fear for their jobs. With exactly zero windows that can be opened in the entire office.

I don't need the interaction. I miss a couple of people, but I'm quite alright without seeing them and only speaking to them on the phone once in a while. I have my wife and kids here with me, I do a weekly virtual happy hour on Wednesdays with some professional friends, and I keep in touch with family.

Personally, I like being healthy. I'll happily go back to the office when there's a reliable vaccine. Till then, if you want to return to the petri dish, have fun with that.

We're not much of a petri dish here in the Peg.....we reached 300 Covid cases today, in total (with only 7 deaths)

Tags: