Author Topic: Coronavirus SZN Forever  (Read 358243 times)

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
Re: Coronavirus SZN Forever
« Reply #2085 on: May 28, 2020, 11:40:19 AM »
Waiting for the other shoe to drop.  No way McConnel is supporting masks without it benefiting him in some way.

https://www.politico.com/amp/news/2020/05/27/mitch-mcconnell-plea-face-masks-285272

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #2086 on: May 28, 2020, 03:31:05 PM »
Waiting for the other shoe to drop.  No way McConnel is supporting masks without it benefiting him in some way.

https://www.politico.com/amp/news/2020/05/27/mitch-mcconnell-plea-face-masks-285272
I think it's right there in the article, "as a means to begin returning the country to normalcy".

I legitimately despise McConnell but he's never struck me as the kind of guy who gets twisted up into taking idiotic culture war positions.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2087 on: May 28, 2020, 04:25:44 PM »
I think it's right there in the article, "as a means to begin returning the country to normalcy".

I legitimately despise McConnell but he's never struck me as the kind of guy who gets twisted up into taking idiotic culture war positions.
McConnell is an awful human and the worst thing that has happened to American politics in decades.

But he's very smart. Smart people should promote face coverings.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #2088 on: May 28, 2020, 04:28:20 PM »
McConnell is an awful human and the worst thing that has happened to American politics in decades.

He's also potentially in a battle for his seat shortly, and if Trump's handling of this hits hard at the ballot box McConnell is going to want to be able to tell people that he was calling for sensible measures all along.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #2089 on: May 28, 2020, 06:22:53 PM »

HoW DaRe He Use OuR owN TacTiCs AgAiNsT uS.

Cry about it to Harry Reid.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #2090 on: May 28, 2020, 06:28:42 PM »

It's almost as if the ends matter more than the tactics

Not that Harry Reid brought us any amazing ends

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #2091 on: May 28, 2020, 07:30:59 PM »
I would do a rain dance if it meant the demise of McConnell, what a POS that guy is.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #2092 on: May 28, 2020, 07:43:41 PM »
I would do a rain dance if it meant the demise of McConnell, what a POS that guy is.
No individual in the last decade has done more to ensure better things weren't possible

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #2093 on: May 28, 2020, 07:46:51 PM »
No individual in the last decade has done more to ensure better things weren't possible

I started the rain dance but all it did was bring rain.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #2094 on: May 29, 2020, 06:35:57 AM »

This is one of my favorite of your 4 comebacks.
They did it first!

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #2095 on: May 29, 2020, 10:24:14 AM »
This is one of my favorite of your 4 comebacks.
They did it first!

What's good for the goose. I forgot, "whataboutism" is only ok when you guys do it. I guess you missed that in your latest perusal of the independent.

A reminder that a Senate majority leader blatantly lied on the Senate floor during the 2012 election and then when called on it after the fact smugly smiled and asked, "well he didn't get elected, did he?!"

So spare me this hyperbolic bullshit about cocaine Mitch when his predecessor is such a sack of excrement that he refused to entertain bipartisan legislation to fund the NIH during the 2012 shutdown because sick kids make good collateral.

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #2096 on: May 29, 2020, 10:31:37 AM »
What's good for the goose. I forgot, "whataboutism" is only ok when you guys do it. I guess you missed that in your latest perusal of the independent.

A reminder that a Senate majority leader blatantly lied on the Senate floor during the 2012 election and then when called on it after the fact smugly smiled and asked, "well he didn't get elected, did he?!"

So spare me this hyperbolic bullshit about cocaine Mitch when his predecessor is such a sack of excrement that he refused to entertain bipartisan legislation to fund the NIH during the 2012 shutdown because sick kids make good collateral.
Again, "the other guy was worse" 

You're the only person who is looking at this from a political affiliation standpoint.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #2097 on: May 29, 2020, 10:38:05 AM »
Again, "the other guy was worse" 

You're the only person who is looking at this from a political affiliation standpoint.

i'm looking at this from a hypocrisy standpoint because your outrage is COMPLETELY selective and determined by whether has someone has an (R) or a (D) next to their name. That's how we get bullshit hyperbolic statements like "No One HaS bEeN wOrSe fOr ThIS cOuNtry" when he's not even as bad from a social/civil point of view as his predecessor.

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #2098 on: May 29, 2020, 11:10:41 AM »
i'm looking at this from a hypocrisy standpoint because your outrage is COMPLETELY selective and determined by whether has someone has an (R) or a (D) next to their name. That's how we get bullshit hyperbolic statements like "No One HaS bEeN wOrSe fOr ThIS cOuNtry" when he's not even as bad from a social/civil point of view as his predecessor.
It really isn't, and I've said this countless times.  I'd prefer to be a republican.  It makes more sense for me personally.  My current views are based on what I think this country needs right now, and I don't understand why more people don't think this way.

Yes that statement has hyperbole in it, but the amount of excrement he's done for party over country is ridiculous, period.  His actions shouldn't be judged or compared to what happened in the past, or even what will happen in the future.  There is no reason to make a comparison.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #2099 on: May 29, 2020, 11:11:21 AM »

Tags: