Author Topic: Coronavirus SZN Forever  (Read 359024 times)

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Re: Coronavirus SZN Forever
« Reply #1875 on: April 30, 2020, 11:59:18 AM »
I go to the grocery store fully nude.  No one gets within 12 feet of me.

That's because you smell like animal excrement.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #1876 on: April 30, 2020, 11:59:33 AM »
What the new grocery shopping process is making me do is be much more efficient with what I have. Instead of deciding what I want to make then walking to the store to get the things I need for it, I'm looking in the fridge and freezer and cupboards and making a meal from what I have available. It's actually quite satisfying.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #1877 on: April 30, 2020, 12:17:43 PM »
I go to the grocery store fully nude.  No one gets within 12 feet of me.

This is brilliant. Will try this weekend.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #1878 on: April 30, 2020, 12:18:48 PM »
This is brilliant. Will try this weekend.
Please be safe and wear a rubber mask on your rooster at least

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1879 on: April 30, 2020, 12:39:26 PM »
DCM is far too important to wait for superficial things like safety and peace of mind.

I work in a freaking ICU lol.

Standing in line with people for 20 minutes makes me far more likely to kill all of them.

And considering where I work, I'm sure not concerned about my personal safety at the grocery store.

Not to mention I usually do my grocery shopping at 5 am, although stores stopped opening early so now I have to go at 7.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 12:44:33 PM by dcm1602 »

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1880 on: April 30, 2020, 04:46:15 PM »
So a group of armed protestors have sntered the Michigan capitol.

https://twitter.com/vote4robgill/status/1255922426120146947?s=09
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #1881 on: April 30, 2020, 05:09:41 PM »

Snake Plissken?
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #1882 on: April 30, 2020, 05:11:02 PM »

So... terrorists.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1883 on: April 30, 2020, 05:35:45 PM »
So... terrorists.

Well they haven't started shooting yet but that's probably more accurate. 
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1885 on: April 30, 2020, 09:05:38 PM »
Also on a side note.

I work at a very large level 1 trauma center state hospital. They jsut told us they're furloughing the managers and assistant managers of the ICU to save a few bucks.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #1886 on: April 30, 2020, 09:15:40 PM »
Also on a side note.

I work at a very large level 1 trauma center state hospital. They jsut told us they're furloughing the managers and assistant managers of the ICU to save a few bucks.

Jeez, I'm sorry man. I'm sure the trickle-down is going to hurt. Do you work in the ICU?

Stay safe.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1887 on: April 30, 2020, 09:33:06 PM »
Jeez, I'm sorry man. I'm sure the trickle-down is going to hurt. Do you work in the ICU?

Stay safe.

Yep I switched to the ICU this recent year, helluva time for a change in scenery.

So far the hosptial has given all doctors a 20% paycut, furloughed most of the assistive staff, and cut the pay of all nurses respiratory therapist etc under the shady guise of no longer making 401k contributions on their behalf (effectively a 200 ish dollar a paycheck paycut).

Staff are getting ready to leave in droves. Which will leave a major medical institution losing a tremendous amount of experience. Which will have the greatest impact on its ED ICU and OR and will take years to recover from.

I'm not tethered to the area in anyway just experiencing life so it doesn't freak me that much (other than the nuisence of having me considering other opportunities) But for people with family or homes in the area that can't move far for work. Or people dependent on the institution for healthcare, they're going to get absolutely fucked royally.

Honestly the job was a ton of fun before all this excrement, but I don't feel like wading through their bullshit for the next two years. So if I get furloughed (which I don't see happening) I'm canceling my lease immediately and ain't heading back there when their volume picks up.

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #1888 on: May 01, 2020, 12:29:00 AM »
Yep I switched to the ICU this recent year, helluva time for a change in scenery.

So far the hosptial has given all doctors a 20% paycut, furloughed most of the assistive staff, and cut the pay of all nurses respiratory therapist etc under the shady guise of no longer making 401k contributions on their behalf (effectively a 200 ish dollar a paycheck paycut).

Staff are getting ready to leave in droves. Which will leave a major medical institution losing a tremendous amount of experience. Which will have the greatest impact on its ED ICU and OR and will take years to recover from.

I'm not tethered to the area in anyway just experiencing life so it doesn't freak me that much (other than the nuisence of having me considering other opportunities) But for people with family or homes in the area that can't move far for work. Or people dependent on the institution for healthcare, they're going to get absolutely fucked royally.

Honestly the job was a ton of fun before all this excrement, but I don't feel like wading through their bullshit for the next two years. So if I get furloughed (which I don't see happening) I'm canceling my lease immediately and ain't heading back there when their volume picks up.
Sorry to hear brother. This is a tough time.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1889 on: May 01, 2020, 12:45:01 AM »
Sorry to hear brother. This is a tough time.

Oh I'm not bitching or comiserating (at least not the intended effect, plus for now it's only a fairly small pay cut for me, although staffing and work conditions will certainly be more tumultuous )

It's just mind boggling how that during one of the most significant pandemics of the modern age hospitals would literally do everything in their power to freak themselves and their patients.

To me I can easily pack up my excrement and move. But a lot of patients and staff are going to get fucked for years because of this.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 01:13:33 AM by dcm1602 »

Tags: