Author Topic: Coronavirus SZN Forever  (Read 358635 times)

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
Re: Coronavirus SZN Forever
« Reply #1755 on: April 22, 2020, 03:19:14 PM »
The idea of government controlled drones monitoring people's vital signs from the sky is hideous.

If government doesn't do enough people cry and blame the government. If the government does too much people cry and blame the government.

I don't think this drone thing makes any sense whatsoever, but if someone wants to experiment with their money (I get the impression that private companies are footing the bill here) then let's see what happens

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #1756 on: April 22, 2020, 03:38:59 PM »
If government doesn't do enough people cry and blame the government. If the government does too much people cry and blame the government.

I don't think this drone thing makes any sense whatsoever, but if someone wants to experiment with their money (I get the impression that private companies are footing the bill here) then let's see what happens

So you don't see any kind of invasion of privacy issue here with the idea of the government taking vital readings from individuals without consent or notice?
A cross-dressing limey poofter

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1757 on: April 22, 2020, 03:47:35 PM »
So you don't see any kind of invasion of privacy issue here with the idea of the government taking vital readings from individuals without consent or notice?

How many companies are forcing employees to have their temperature taken in order to go to work? Sure they're consenting but it's the exact same thing.

How many stores have security cameras that are recording video of you without your consent?

Hell how much or what you do on the freaking internet or your cellphone is  logged recorded and sold?

I get it nobody trusts the government blah blah blah. But people are too freaking stupid and selfish that the government has to step in and protect people from themselves.

If the government is keeping archives and records of your name and vital signs yeah that's an issue. But if this is live data without identifiers, I'm all for it if it means this excrement ends sooner and less people die. Especially if some private companies are willing to foot the bill, so that they can try to sell the technology to someone else.

On a side note I'm not a fan of big government monitoring you. But if private companies are willing to foot the bill, I'm more than okay with extraordinary measures being taken during the greatest pandemic of the modern age. Of course I also was a proponent of government enacting Marshall Law weeks ago which probably would have this excrement done and over with now
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 03:51:04 PM by dcm1602 »

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #1758 on: April 22, 2020, 03:49:07 PM »
"Look, those 2 people in that house are really close together and have high body temps.  I wonder why they are moving back and fo.....oh they are banging."

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #1759 on: April 22, 2020, 04:13:32 PM »
well, i guess when pope dies we wont have a memorial thread for him?
I won’t die because I’m not a hoo-ha. You on the other hand..

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #1760 on: April 22, 2020, 05:00:31 PM »
How many companies are forcing employees to have their temperature taken in order to go to work? Sure they're consenting but it's the exact same thing.

So not the same thing. You have the choice of whether you allow that privacy to intruded upon.

How many stores have security cameras that are recording video of you without your consent?

You are on private property and the terms of being so are available upon request, and usually you are informed via big signs warning you that CCTV is in operation.

Hell how much or what you do on the freaking internet or your cellphone is  logged recorded and sold?

Read the small print that you scrolled past to click the "accept" button.

I get it nobody trusts the government blah blah blah. But people are too freaking stupid and selfish that the government has to step in and protect people from themselves.

If the government is keeping archives and records of your name and vital signs yeah that's an issue. But if this is live data without identifiers, I'm all for it if it means this excrement ends sooner and less people die. Especially if some private companies are willing to foot the bill, so that they can try to sell the technology to someone else.

On a side note I'm not a fan of big government monitoring you. But if private companies are willing to foot the bill, I'm more than okay with extraordinary measures being taken during the greatest pandemic of the modern age. Of course I also was a proponent of government enacting Marshall Law weeks ago which probably would have this excrement done and over with now

So you trust governments to be able to capture your vital health data without your knowledge and consent, keep that data secure, keep it anonymous, and not doing anything nefarious with it?
A cross-dressing limey poofter

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1761 on: April 22, 2020, 05:45:24 PM »
When is it no longer too early?

How about shen the freaking doctors say it's not. Maybe let's listen to the medical professionals in a global pandemic.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #1762 on: April 22, 2020, 06:28:08 PM »
How about shen the freaking doctors say it's not. Maybe let's listen to the medical professionals in a global pandemic.
Why wait when he have super tough guys like Pope around to save us?

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
« Reply #1763 on: April 22, 2020, 06:59:37 PM »

Last I checked "the freaking doctors" are not a hivemind who have all decided on what the right course of action is. There's also other things to balance, like the 22 million Americans who have filed unemployment - in 1 month - which is a number that will only continue increasing and the small businesses that are going to have to cave in and shut down soon.

That doesn't mean re-open everything immediately, but a smart plan to begin re-open things slowly, have contingency plans in case hospitals get immediately overloaded, etc. etc. should be priority #1. There are so many people adamantly against re-opening anything any time soon, and I just don't get it (not saying this is you, necessarily).

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1764 on: April 22, 2020, 07:29:46 PM »
Last I checked "the freaking doctors" are not a hivemind who have all decided on what the right course of action is. There's also other things to balance, like the 22 million Americans who have filed unemployment - in 1 month - which is a number that will only continue increasing and the small businesses that are going to have to cave in and shut down soon.

That doesn't mean re-open everything immediately, but a smart plan to begin re-open things slowly, have contingency plans in case hospitals get immediately overloaded, etc. etc. should be priority #1. There are so many people adamantly against re-opening anything any time soon, and I just don't get it (not saying this is you, necessarily).

Economists and bureaucrats aren't a hive mind either, don't see why their opinions (not sure what's left for you to be puting your trust in after you eliminate the medical community) should matter more.

FTR, I'm all for expanding the welfare state to keep people afloat, if only so it means that continued isolation keeps me alive.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #1765 on: April 22, 2020, 07:46:09 PM »
Why wait when he have super tough guys like Pope around to save us?
Toughest SOB you know

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #1766 on: April 22, 2020, 07:48:16 PM »

Maybe in September...your population hasn’t figured out what social distancing is yet.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #1767 on: April 22, 2020, 09:37:06 PM »

You don’t understand there is no middle ground here everything has to be black and white you fuckin Trump boy

Excuse me while I post a link of people clapping for nurses on Facebook

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1768 on: April 22, 2020, 09:40:59 PM »
Maybe in September...your population hasn’t figured out what social distancing is yet.

Florida is proof that this is a completely accurate statement.

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #1769 on: April 22, 2020, 09:54:48 PM »

Tags: