Author Topic: Coronavirus SZN Forever  (Read 359212 times)

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
Re: Coronavirus SZN Forever
« Reply #1740 on: April 22, 2020, 12:25:55 AM »
Oh I wasn't suggesting that everyone should stay home either. In my other post I flat out think it's a bad idea.

Im just saying from a risk perspective of getting the actual disease  that precautions are limited at best
I was a bit unfair didn’t mean to say that you were advocating it but more so public opinion that indefinite quarantine is the solution. The protests that are going on currently are the beginning. They are getting criticized and rightly so.

However, if this continues, these small radicalized protests can and will become more widespread and militant. That’s where my fear is. Snowball going downhill.

We live in such a polarizing society that almost every issue has become black and white. We need to find common ground and develop a way through this instead of slinging excrement at one another in some ridiculous partisan warfare. I swear some people would prefer to see the world burn if it affirms their opinion was right.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 12:31:54 AM by Pope »

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1741 on: April 22, 2020, 12:36:08 AM »
I was a bit unfair didn’t mean to say that you were advocating it but more so public opinion that indefinite quarantine is the solution. The protests that are going on currently are the beginning. They are getting criticized and rightly so.

However, if this continues, these small radicalized protests can and will become more widespread and militant. That’s where my fear is. Snowball going downhill.

We live in such a polarizing society that almost every issue has become black and white. We need to find common ground and develop a way through this instead of slinging excrement at one another in some ridiculous partisan warfare. I swear some people would prefer to see the world burn if it affirms their opinion was right.

Well the issue is a plan needs to be vocalize and clear.

People are freaking stupid. You can't give them huge complicated speeches or papers. Most people can't even read.

You gotta have a plan that's simple and stupid, and there has to be a very clear light at the end of the tunnel.

And Trump is the one who is riling people up with this excrement. End the quarantine fine, but you do it with a freaking plan not screaming tweets in caps lock

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1742 on: April 22, 2020, 02:51:12 AM »
Tell me from May 1-16 that I'm not allowed to leave my house. The only people allowed to go out are grocery stores and pharmacies, and all of that is done by delivery workers. Give me a week to stock up ahead of time. Then from May 17-24, people can go outside again and other restaurants and borderline essential stores open up. May 25-31, other places open up. June 1-15, everything except for large gathering places like concerts and sporting events are open. June 16, if things are looking good, reopen the country.

I know that isn't realistic, and I'm not sure it would work, but I would sign up for that in a damn second.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #1743 on: April 22, 2020, 07:40:57 AM »
Yeah I ignored the blatantly political/racist slant which everything has to become these days

IT WILL KILL PEOPLE!!!!!!

While I am supportive of opening businesses that are safe to re-open, that list is bizarre. They're about as unsafe as you get. I'd be interested to hear any other logical explanation for specifically opening those other than the political.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #1744 on: April 22, 2020, 08:28:52 AM »
I hear drinking bleach prevents kerona.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #1745 on: April 22, 2020, 09:27:50 AM »
While I am supportive of opening businesses that are safe to re-open, that list is bizarre. They're about as unsafe as you get. I'd be interested to hear any other logical explanation for specifically opening those other than the political.

I am not a conspiracy theory guy but that list smells.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #1746 on: April 22, 2020, 11:27:50 AM »
If you wanna simplify it as much as possible. I think you open things up slowly when hospitals aren't near at or over capacity.

Waiting for a cure or vaccine is unreasonable and will have dire consequences. Jerking off on Twitter screaming liberate will do the same.

When hospitals have capacity and capabilities of handling significant loads, you gradually reinsert people into the world, starting with the low risk people to establish herd immunity making it safer as you introduce older and more vulnerable people over time.

It's a no brainer if you ask me

This is the closest to a reasonable answer.

I don't know that herd immunity is an answer though. People are now showing they can become re-infected (or at the very least, they're recovering and the virus is reviving itself). People could be reintroduced to society who might respread the disease, some even asymptomatic.

If we wait for an absolute vaccine to get back to work, the entire economy is dead. But it has to be a very careful rollout, including mandatory testing before a person should be allowed to return to work, coupled with mandatory temperature-taking before entering any enclosed space, and maybe even randomized testing for everyone who has returned to the public. All along with mandatory movement and location tracking.

And no, I don't want to hear about people's privacy or "rights." You want to get back to work? Cool. Don't make me or my loved ones sick cuz we got rights too.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #1747 on: April 22, 2020, 11:58:12 AM »
Yes, you’re right back to square one. Everyone spend the rest of their lives inside. The solution should be worse than the virus.

I’d like to have a discussion about this but it seems impossible.

Let’s quarantine another month, maybe two, or six. No immunity in sight. What’s next? Unemployment will be north of 30% and climbing. Unpaid rents will force evictions. Utilities will be shut down. Inflation due to skyrocket. Food lines bare. Homeless numbers increasing exponentially. Etc etc etc etc etc.

What does an infinite quarantine accomplish exactly?  Not everything has to be so black and white. What is the middle ground? How do we as a society begin to work our way back towards recovery?

Spamming StAY hOMe and fLATtEN tHe CuRVE only does so much. In NYC and the suburbs it’s approaching two months. Small business loans have dried out in the original phase. There is a second batch coming apparently but who knows if it’s too little too late. I’m seeing first hand massive numbers of employees getting laid off and a healthy percentage of small businesses closing their doors possibly permanently because they literally have no money.

Is the government supposed to just spin the money printer on Tannenbaum mode to keep things afloat? Newsflash: Zimbabwe

Maybe if wealth distribution wasn't so lopsided and more akin to the 70s, 80s, or even 90s this wouldn't be an issue.

This microcosm is showing the issues of the way we look at govt from a macro perspective on multiple fronts.

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #1748 on: April 22, 2020, 12:25:49 PM »
well, i guess when pope dies we wont have a memorial thread for him?

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1749 on: April 22, 2020, 01:38:14 PM »
One of the larger hospitals in NY is reporting an uptick of coronavirus for the second day in a row.

A small enough sample size not to mean much, but everyone did expect to see a bounce after Easter

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #1750 on: April 22, 2020, 01:44:58 PM »
that sounds like the right time to reopen tattoo parlors

klaximilian

• Laveranues Coles
« Reply #1751 on: April 22, 2020, 02:19:04 PM »
that sounds like the right time to reopen tattoo parlors

Great, I've been waiting to finish off my sleeve. It's about damn time.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #1753 on: April 22, 2020, 02:34:17 PM »
This is batshit insane.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/technology/connecticut-drones-coronavirus-symptom-monitoring
Someone wants to play around with drones or has a buddy that makes the software.  Waste of money and time.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #1754 on: April 22, 2020, 02:39:47 PM »
Someone wants to play around with drones or has a buddy that makes the software.  Waste of money and time.

The idea of government controlled drones monitoring people's vital signs from the sky is hideous.

Tags: