Author Topic: Coronavirus SZN Forever  (Read 358650 times)

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
Re: Coronavirus SZN Forever
« Reply #1725 on: April 21, 2020, 09:45:41 PM »
The alternative is that we need to start opening some of the economy. Small businesses are getting ravaged. We can’t sit in our houses indefinitely. We’re all aware of the severity of COVID-19 but continuing this for months on end is unsustainable

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #1726 on: April 21, 2020, 11:03:29 PM »
The alternative is that we need to start opening some of the economy. Small businesses are getting ravaged. We can’t sit in our houses indefinitely. We’re all aware of the severity of COVID-19 but continuing this for months on end is unsustainable

You have got to shut the freak up
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #1727 on: April 21, 2020, 11:04:07 PM »
You have got to shut the freak up
Or what

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #1728 on: April 21, 2020, 11:06:47 PM »
Or what

Just watch what happens in South Carolina and Louisiana after they open up "some" of the economy.

It's still too early. 

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #1729 on: April 21, 2020, 11:10:15 PM »
Just watch what happens in South Carolina and Louisiana after they open up "some" of the economy.
Good to hear. Keep sitting on your asses binging Netflix for the rest of eternity.

There’s a middle ground where healthy people can start to return to work in a safe manner. I’ve been working in the epicenter of this crisis in the US and have no issues because I take precautions.

If you’re immunocompromised maybe don’t go out. I’m a bit tired of everyone cheering on the virus to decimate us.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #1730 on: April 21, 2020, 11:11:37 PM »
Good to hear. Keep sitting on your asses binging Netflix for the rest of eternity.

There’s a middle ground where healthy people can start to return to work in a safe manner. I’ve been working in the epicenter of this crisis in the US and have no issues because I take precautions.

How do you know you aren't asymptomatic?

And just because you take precautions doesn't mean that all of your coworkers do. 

I'll gladly work from home and watch Netflix instead of risking my health or the health of others. 

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #1731 on: April 21, 2020, 11:13:48 PM »
How do you know you aren't asymptomatic?
Because if I was it’s been a month and a half since my company and the area has started working from home and practiced social distancing/safety measures. I have my 95 year old grandmother staying with me if that’s your next shot.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #1732 on: April 21, 2020, 11:15:05 PM »
Because if I was it’s been a month and a half since my company and the area has started working from home and practiced social distancing/safety measures.

Probably why you aren't sick, huh? 

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #1733 on: April 21, 2020, 11:17:20 PM »
Probably why you aren't sick, huh?
I brought her here a week ago. I’m gonna end it here because I have no interest in continuing this since I know how you get/are.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #1734 on: April 21, 2020, 11:22:25 PM »
I’m gonna end it here because I have no interest in continuing this since I know how you get/are.

Oh, the irony. 

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
« Reply #1735 on: April 21, 2020, 11:37:18 PM »

It's still too early. 

When is it no longer too early?

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1736 on: April 21, 2020, 11:52:29 PM »

If you’re immunocompromised maybe don’t go out. I’m a bit tired of everyone cheering on the virus to decimate us.

Precautions are bullshit.

They'll reduce the spread, but odds are well in excess of a 90% of people who are taking precautions are doing something freaking retarded with their precautions.

Hell the majority of people who work in Healthcare are pretty freaking retarded with their precautions. I literally see people everyday who work in the epicenter of excrement in NYC hospitals eating pizza and crap in their freaking hazmat suits covered in coronavirus

Either you stay home, get lucky, or live somewhere that the disease isn't prevalent

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #1737 on: April 22, 2020, 12:06:31 AM »
Precautions are bullshit.

They'll reduce the spread, but odds are well in excess of a 90% of people who are taking precautions are doing something freaking retarded with their precautions.

Hell the majority of people who work in Healthcare are pretty freaking retarded with their precautions. I literally see people everyday who work in the epicenter of excrement in NYC hospitals eating pizza and crap in their freaking hazmat suits covered in coronavirus

Either you stay home, get lucky, or live somewhere that the disease isn't prevalent
Yes, you’re right back to square one. Everyone spend the rest of their lives inside. The solution should be worse than the virus.

I’d like to have a discussion about this but it seems impossible.

Let’s quarantine another month, maybe two, or six. No immunity in sight. What’s next? Unemployment will be north of 30% and climbing. Unpaid rents will force evictions. Utilities will be shut down. Inflation due to skyrocket. Food lines bare. Homeless numbers increasing exponentially. Etc etc etc etc etc.

What does an infinite quarantine accomplish exactly?  Not everything has to be so black and white. What is the middle ground? How do we as a society begin to work our way back towards recovery?

Spamming StAY hOMe and fLATtEN tHe CuRVE only does so much. In NYC and the suburbs it’s approaching two months. Small business loans have dried out in the original phase. There is a second batch coming apparently but who knows if it’s too little too late. I’m seeing first hand massive numbers of employees getting laid off and a healthy percentage of small businesses closing their doors possibly permanently because they literally have no money.

Is the government supposed to just spin the money printer on Tannenbaum mode to keep things afloat? Newsflash: Zimbabwe

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1738 on: April 22, 2020, 12:17:46 AM »
When is it no longer too early?

If you wanna simplify it as much as possible. I think you open things up slowly when hospitals aren't near at or over capacity.

Waiting for a cure or vaccine is unreasonable and will have dire consequences. Jerking off on Twitter screaming liberate will do the same.

When hospitals have capacity and capabilities of handling significant loads, you gradually reinsert people into the world, starting with the low risk people to establish herd immunity making it safer as you introduce older and more vulnerable people over time.

It's a no brainer if you ask me

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1739 on: April 22, 2020, 12:19:16 AM »
Yes, you’re right back to square one. Everyone spend the rest of their lives inside. The solution should be worse than the virus.

I’d like to have a discussion about this but it seems impossible.

Let’s quarantine another month, maybe two, or six. No immunity in sight. What’s next? Unemployment will be north of 30% and climbing. Unpaid rents will force evictions. Utilities will be shut down. Inflation due to skyrocket. Food lines bare. Homeless numbers increasing exponentially. Etc etc etc etc etc.

What does an infinite quarantine accomplish exactly?  Not everything has to be so black and white. What is the middle ground? How do we as a society begin to work our way back towards recovery?

Spamming StAY hOMe and fLATtEN tHe CuRVE only does so much. In NYC and the suburbs it’s approaching two months. Small business loans have dried out in the original phase. There is a second batch coming apparently but who knows if it’s too little too late. I’m seeing first hand massive numbers of employees getting laid off and a healthy percentage of small businesses closing their doors possibly permanently because they literally have no money.

Is the government supposed to just spin the money printer on Tannenbaum mode to keep things afloat? Newsflash: Zimbabwe

Oh I wasn't suggesting that everyone should stay home either. In my other post I flat out think it's a bad idea.

Im just saying from a risk perspective of getting the actual disease  that precautions are limited at best

Tags: