Author Topic: Coronavirus SZN Forever  (Read 359854 times)

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
Re: Coronavirus SZN Forever
« Reply #1650 on: April 16, 2020, 12:17:16 PM »
You can't possibly be serious, can you?

I don't see what the issue is

When NYC closed all public schools (March 16th) only 88 people in the entire United States had died from Coronavirus.

Obviously things have changed dramatically since then, but I would think it's fairly unlikely that most school staff had died from school related infections.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #1652 on: April 16, 2020, 12:23:52 PM »
I don't see what the issue is

When NYC closed all public schools (March 16th) only 88 people in the entire United States had died from Coronavirus.

Obviously things have changed dramatically since then, but I would think it's fairly unlikely that most school staff had died from school related infections.

You're aware that deaths are a serious lagging indicator like 2 or 3 weeks plus? There's no way to tell how they caught it.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1653 on: April 16, 2020, 12:39:12 PM »
You're aware that deaths are a serious lagging indicator like 2 or 3 weeks plus? There's no way to tell how they caught it.

Completely true. But again we were at like 2800 deaths by the end of March for the whole country.So I don't like Deblasio at all, but I'm not sure how much further back you'd have like all schools to have gotten closed. Americans have been extremely nonchalant about this thing, so you'd almost certainly have outrage from parents had schools closed two weeks earlier

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #1654 on: April 16, 2020, 05:24:27 PM »
Von Miller tested positive
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #1655 on: April 16, 2020, 08:00:55 PM »
Louisiana is doing "safe shopping" at non-essential businesses.

They will get wrecked again next month. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1656 on: April 16, 2020, 08:14:45 PM »
Louisiana is doing "safe shopping" at non-essential businesses.

They will get wrecked again next month. 

Northern Japan was just in the news for trying something similar (I believe they got hit hardest in February?) trying to slowly reopen the economy.

They had to declare a second state of emergency and shut everything down again

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #1657 on: April 16, 2020, 11:38:24 PM »
Got a text tonight that a guy that coached offensive line for me in Louisiana died from COVID.  39 years old with a 10 year old son and a baby on the way.

Hopefully this is the first and last person that I know that's affected by this. 

This really freaking sucks.
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1658 on: April 16, 2020, 11:49:07 PM »
Ugh sorry about that. freak this virus.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1659 on: April 17, 2020, 04:02:11 AM »
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/17/chinas-wuhan-revises-coronavirus-case-count-death-toll-state-media.html

Wuhan revised its numbers and found its death toll 50% higher. But provided 4 reasons as to why the numbers were off so much

(the new numbers are almost certainly still bullshit)

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1660 on: April 17, 2020, 04:03:21 AM »
Got a text tonight that a guy that coached offensive line for me in Louisiana died from COVID.  39 years old with a 10 year old son and a baby on the way.

Hopefully this is the first and last person that I know that's affected by this. 

freaking horrible to see so many young people effected. I mean it's terrible all around, but that shits just so much worse. Sorry man

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #1661 on: April 17, 2020, 06:38:17 AM »

Horrible; sorry for you.

klaximilian

• Laveranues Coles
« Reply #1662 on: April 17, 2020, 08:58:15 AM »
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/small-business-relief-paycheck-protection-program-is-out-of-money

Horrible time for small businesses. Communities have been really good at supporting the small businesses through this difficult time, but there’s only so much they can do.

California is still scrambling to even let their small businesses apply for unemployment. I’m hearing it won’t happen until until April 28, and then it’s the waiting game to receive any funds. This state is a goddamn mess...

klaximilian

• Laveranues Coles
« Reply #1663 on: April 17, 2020, 08:58:45 AM »

Sorry for your loss.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1664 on: April 17, 2020, 07:40:36 PM »
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-china-mofa-idUSKBN21Z0XC

Phew that's a huge relief. China says that there's no cover up by the Chinese government because cover ups aren't allowed by the government.

BEIJING (Reuters) - Chinese foreign ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian said on Friday there has never been a cover-up of the coronavirus outbreak in China and the government does not allow any cover-ups.

Zhao told reporters at a daily briefing that the revision of the case toll in Wuhan, where the epidemic first emerged in late 2019, was the result of a statistical verification to ensure accuracy and that revision is a common international practice.

Wuhan’s health authority earlier on Thursday revised up its cumulative death toll by 50% to 3,869 to rectify what it called incorrect reporting, delays and omissions.

Some, including U.S. President Donald Trump, have openly questioned the accuracy of China’s disclosures regarding the scale of the epidemic in the country.

Tags: