Author Topic: Coronavirus SZN Forever  (Read 358922 times)

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
Re: Coronavirus SZN Forever
« Reply #1635 on: April 15, 2020, 10:17:32 AM »
I regret to inform you evil China has infiltrated NYC schools and made them do this

https://thecity.nyc/2020/04/memo-ordering-nyc-schools-to-keep-covid-cases-quiet-probed.html

That's freaking awful.

Not shocking though. This is the same city that wouldn't close after Sandy, never shuts down for snow. Because people gotta get to work. No matter the human cost.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1636 on: April 15, 2020, 11:17:18 AM »
That's freaking awful.

Not shocking though. This is the same city that wouldn't close after Sandy, never shuts down for snow. Because people gotta get to work. No matter the human cost.

Im not familiar with the publication but I'd wager they have an agenda.

For example they mention 50+ school staff died since coronavirus hit NYC when talking about schools closing too late. But I'd wager a guess that probably all of them got it after schools had already closed

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1637 on: April 15, 2020, 02:00:06 PM »
You're absolutely right, even if you didn't mean to be. You know what might have prevented that? An earlier lockdown, rather than the federal government trying to keep business running and lying about the threat.

As far as I can tell, that’s on the state governments. Just like Trump can’t force them to open shop, he couldn’t force them to close down either unless we’re talking Marsha Law.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #1640 on: April 15, 2020, 02:40:28 PM »
https://twitter.com/inthierry/status/1250416941560463360?s=21

UBI is an awesome idea and should continue to happen post-pandemic. It's good for people and it's good for industry and it's good for the economy and it's good for people who want smaller government.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1643 on: April 15, 2020, 05:11:25 PM »
AAA on Monday announced that members who insure their vehicles through the Interinsurance Exchange of the Automobile Club and its affiliate insurers will receive premium refunds totaling $125 million.

Every policyholder with auto insurance in effect from March 16, 2020 to May 15, 2020 will receive a 20 percent policy refund check for this period, according to a AAA news release. Refund checks are expected to be mailed by the end of May. No action is required on the part of members.

I’ve seen a few other companies doing this - Allstate and State Farm- worth checking in on your policy.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #1644 on: April 15, 2020, 05:13:24 PM »
I’ve seen a few other companies doing this - Allstate and State Farm- worth checking in on your policy.

No chance of this in Ontario. They'll probably increase our premiums to cover their increased costs for providing staff with homeworking capabilities. Auto insurance in this province is a freaking joke.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1645 on: April 15, 2020, 08:25:17 PM »
Lol hospitals laying off staff, hiring freezes pay freezes.

Bizarre trend in the misdt of a medical pandemic

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #1646 on: April 16, 2020, 02:56:21 AM »

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #1647 on: April 16, 2020, 04:31:21 AM »

I work for Progrressive

Pretty much everyone is offering some type of credit to your premium

Our policy is anyone with an active policy by the end of April gets 20% credit to their monthly premium. Were doing it at the end of May as well and might even extend it further

With our current COVID 19 Lemiemcy policy , you'd pretty much have to cancel voluntarily to lose coverage

Were not canceling or non renewing anyone due to non payment for at least a month that might get extended I utbqs well . Most states are may 15th moratorium,  but even that date was extended from April 25th to May 15th q week or two ago

I spend most of my time havinv to explain to ppl that their April credit gets applied first 2 weeks of May and same for may to June

Ppl see April and may credit and flip out that something approved on April 10th doesn't take effect immediately

Honestly I do qnything I can to help ppl and most people are very thankful and understanding.

For the record , Ptogrrssive handled COVID 19 better than our government lol

They had most ppl working from home or adequately distanced before most fed protocols went into place

Hell I was in training and set to get my  insurance license and the state facilities closed the day before .

So technically I couldn't do the job I was hired for .

Instead of laying us off or furloughing until my license can be acquired , they honored everyone's employment,   and just trained us for limited call types on customer service.

Theyve got 42k ppl working from home and it only took them a week to get over 15k additional work.units programmed and sent out.

Theyre letting employees access a portion of their end of year bonus early to help out . The 20% credit theyre offering will cost them over a billion dollars and they liquidated another billion to keep everyone on board during this whole thing

I've worked fir fortune 500 companies before but not one that actually puts their "core values" at the front of how they actually operate

I'm drinking the Kool aid and plan on retiring with them at this point .

Amazing company . Great leadership.  Even our CEO who brought us from roughly 11 billion to 42 billion in just about 8 years.  Only female CEO of a Fortune 100 company and she started as a claims adjuster herself

Caps her own salary and bonuses.

All i can say is , after working for quite a few large companies and seeing how most executives handle themselves,  my job is a lot easier when I know my company is built to last and actually cares about employees and customers

I've worked 2 jobs 7 days a week for over a year now and they're both essential.  Hopefully I'll be moving up once I get some tenure so I can actually have days off again lol

I just need April 23rd to hit . My wife knows its Christmas 2: Electric Boogaloo in my house

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #1648 on: April 16, 2020, 04:42:06 AM »
if things don't open back up next month ,most of what remains of our middle class will evaporate in a mortgage crisis

The 2400 basically buys me and my wife a month of mortgage and most utilities

I can keep us afloat for may and maybe June

But my wife was about 55 to 60% of household income . She's worked since 15 never accepted assistance but now getting denied for unemployment lol

Ppl wonder why others hate paying into programs that don't do excrement for you when you need it . Well there you go

Some dumbasses are sitting around assuming they just automatically get that unemployment bonus . That still has to be issued from the feds and then dispersed amongst the state level and their labor bureaus.

Theres some ppl out here assuming they'll make more unemployed than their prior job.  They're in for a rude awakening the next 90 days

Actually having to rely on governing efficiency just reiterates how broken our system really is lol

Got the mrs doing instacart until things hopefully open back up

I hope everyone is doing well and trying to maintain .

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #1649 on: April 16, 2020, 11:34:04 AM »
Im not familiar with the publication but I'd wager they have an agenda.

For example they mention 50+ school staff died since coronavirus hit NYC when talking about schools closing too late. But I'd wager a guess that probably all of them got it after schools had already closed

You can't possibly be serious, can you?

As far as I can tell, that’s on the state governments. Just like Trump can’t force them to open shop, he couldn’t force them to close down either unless we’re talking Marsha Law.

Absolutely. But the states were working from the information they were being fed by the federal government; the people with the resources like the CDC, NIH, and the intelligence agencies at their disposal for information.

The federal government misled everyone for at least 2 months before the problem became undeniable. Should governors have shut their states down earlier? Yes. California is an example of being smarter, but even they were late--again, because everyone was misled.

BTW, Marsha Law only served to pee off Jan.

No way in the world that passes.

Absolutely none.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Tags: