Author Topic: Coronavirus SZN Forever  (Read 358199 times)

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
Re: Coronavirus SZN Forever
« Reply #1620 on: April 14, 2020, 04:16:28 PM »

I always feel bad for that one guy who catches an arrow in his bare derriere.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1621 on: April 14, 2020, 04:36:24 PM »
That was kind of the point though, was it not? Slow down the spread so you don't have hospitals getting overwhelmed because everyone has it at once.

Totally is the point

I just haven't seen anything report that it was working out even remotely like that

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #1622 on: April 14, 2020, 04:58:10 PM »
Can’t imagine how much of a excrement show Austin would be had SXSW not been cancelled
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #1623 on: April 14, 2020, 07:55:30 PM »
US gave $3.7 million to Wuhan laboratory for conducting experiments using virus from bats
National Institute of Health, among many other US institutes, to have partnered with Wuhan Institute of Virology

https://www.ibtimes.sg/us-gave-3-7-million-wuhan-laboratory-conducting-experiments-using-virus-bats-42890

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1624 on: April 15, 2020, 01:55:48 AM »

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #1625 on: April 15, 2020, 02:44:52 AM »
Lol.

Newsweek: Stimulus Checks May Be Delayed As Trump Requires U.S. Treasury to Print His Name on Them.
https://www.newsweek.com/stimulus-checks-may-delayed-trump-requires-us-treasury-print-his-name-them-1497916

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1626 on: April 15, 2020, 06:45:08 AM »
Haha yikes

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/15/coronavirus-study-warns-social-distancing-may-need-to-stay-until-2022.html

In a study published in the journal Science on Tuesday, a team of epidemiologists at Harvard assessed what is known about Covid-19 and other coronaviruses to anticipate possible scenarios for the current global health crisis.

“Absent other interventions, a key metric for the success of social distancing is whether critical care capacities are exceeded,” they wrote in the report. “To avoid this, prolonged or intermittent social distancing may be necessary into 2022.”

“Even in the event of apparent elimination, SARS-CoV-2 surveillance should be maintained since a resurgence in contagion could be possible as late as 2024,” they wrote in the report.

It's not like they're from Yale though

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1627 on: April 15, 2020, 06:59:52 AM »
Haha yikes

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/15/coronavirus-study-warns-social-distancing-may-need-to-stay-until-2022.html

It's not like they're from Yale though

Hey dcm you forgot to post the first sentence from your article:

Researchers from the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health have warned that, in the absence of a vaccine or an effective treatment to the coronavirus, social-distancing measures may be required through to 2022.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1628 on: April 15, 2020, 07:02:02 AM »
Hey dcm you forgot to post the first sentence from your article:

I mean I only read the key bullet points and then got bored

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #1629 on: April 15, 2020, 07:17:44 AM »
I mean I only read the key bullet points and then got bored
And then decided to post the boring article.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1630 on: April 15, 2020, 07:22:41 AM »
And then decided to post the boring article.

It was so I could read the boring comments

Thank you

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #1631 on: April 15, 2020, 07:39:04 AM »
Got my coronabux this morning, thank you President Xi

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #1632 on: April 15, 2020, 08:26:18 AM »
Got my coronabux this morning, thank you President Xi
It's not legal unless Trump signed your autodraft.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #1633 on: April 15, 2020, 09:10:48 AM »
I regret to inform you evil China has infiltrated NYC schools and made them do this

https://thecity.nyc/2020/04/memo-ordering-nyc-schools-to-keep-covid-cases-quiet-probed.html

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #1634 on: April 15, 2020, 10:14:24 AM »
Nobody is denying Trump was/is an ignorant idiot and his decision making likely caused thousands more to die while having an increased economic impact on tens of thousands more.

But what China did was flat out freaking corrupt and evil and likely caused tens if not hundreds thousands more to die worldwide, while having an increased economic impact on hundreds of millions if not billions.

Trump was ignorant and incompetent, China was an evil ultra villian. Anyone who thinks Trump was a bigger problem than China with this whole thing is just as freaking delusional and ignorant as he is.

Again, I specifically said I didn't want to defend China. But everyone here loves their strawmen.

Trump was not incompetent nor was he ignorant. He had information, and he chose to ignore/downplay it. We are where we are today because our federal government, and specifically, it's top leader, suppressed information that could have prevented the crisis. Then later he used the same crisis as a springboard to soapbox his propaganda-style bullshit.

I don't see how anyone who isn't a Trumpy could stay home and not vote for Biden.  Or a freaking potato with D next to it on the ballot, doesn't matter. 

He's getting re-elected. People need to start accepting this. Even Bernie supporting Biden isn't going to be enough to get people to go to the polls.

Not to defend Europe, but almost all of the Covid-19 cases in CT are traced back to New York.

You're absolutely right, even if you didn't mean to be. You know what might have prevented that? An earlier lockdown, rather than the federal government trying to keep business running and lying about the threat.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Tags: