Author Topic: Coronavirus SZN Forever  (Read 358264 times)

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
Re: Coronavirus SZN Forever
« Reply #1440 on: April 03, 2020, 12:39:07 PM »
It's kinda silly to make it all about Republicans when NY is basically as bad as the entire rest of the country combined.

There's no doubt Trump sucks and failed here. But NY is as much of a liberal stronghold as they come

Plus Europe isn't exactly doing a great job.

The only thing the USA has going for it is a much lower death rate and I haven't quite understood why that was
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 12:41:57 PM by dcm1602 »

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #1441 on: April 03, 2020, 12:42:01 PM »
I love how that made up excrement picks Ohio as the first red state to troll when they were one of the first states in the country to publicly broadcast they had an outbreak, close bars/restaurants and enact a shelter in place

Yes yes yes, but the Tide Pod line was freaking funny.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1442 on: April 03, 2020, 12:47:14 PM »
Yes yes yes, but the Tide Pod line was freaking funny.

But that’s also false, it was a stupid derriere internet challenge

In early 2018, media publications noted that shortly after the product's introduction, the consumption of Tide Pods became a topic of discussion on the Internet.[8][19] Ultimately, eating Tide Pods became a meme, with its origins being credited to a 2013 thread on the Straight Dope online and a 2015 article from The Onion.[19][20][21][22] Mashable quoted an instance of a tweet regarding this topic from 2012, "Why does a Tide Pod look so good to eat?"[8] The Straight Dope thread's discussion was more centered on children accidentally eating Tide Pods, rather than the meme's iteration popularized in 2017, which portrays pods as a delicious food.[19] The topic of children eating the pods was a concept based on real incidents of children consuming them.[23]

In the following years, eating Tide Pods became a popular joke online.[19] In March 2017, CollegeHumor uploaded a sketch video titled Don't Eat The Laundry Pods.[19][8] Posts begin to prefer "Tide Pods" to more generic terms such as "laundry pods" with a thread posted on Reddit's "intrusivethoughts" subreddit in July 2017.[8] The thread, titled "Bite into one of those Tide Pods. Do it.",[a] was referenced in another Onion article the following day.[8] Posts on Tumblr contributed to the meme's rise,[24] but in December 2017, the meme's popularity rose significantly due to various viral tweets.[19] Many posts referred to the pods as a "forbidden fruit".[12][23][25] Memes involving the Tide Pods included joking about how "delicious" they appear, as well as posting images with the pods on top of food.[26] Vox described the meme as "pok[ing] fun at the idea of consuming the pods, while (usually) stopping short of actually doing so."[12] The publication noted that part of the allure of discussing, wondering, and joking about consuming the pods spawns from the product's warning to not eat the pods.[12] In early January 2018, television personality Jimmy Kimmel referenced the meme when discussing a tweet from President Donald Trump: "sounds like somebody's been in the White House laundry room eating Tide Pods again because the President of the United States is starting his own award show for the media."[27]

"Tide Pod Challenge"   Edit
During the first few weeks of 2018, following the meme's surge in popularity, media publications started reporting about teenagers participating in the Tide Pod Challenge.[28][29] The challenge is an Internet challenge in which an individual consumes Tide Pods.[14] Teenagers were the reported demographic participating in the challenge; they would record themselves chewing and gagging on pods and then daring others to do the same. Some of these videos were posted on YouTube.[29][30] Some teens cooked the pods prior to eating them.[30]

I left the top part in because I never realized these dumbass kids got the idea to do it from dumbass adults
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 12:49:20 PM by SixFeetDeep »
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #1443 on: April 03, 2020, 12:58:35 PM »
But that’s also false, it was a stupid derriere internet challenge

I left the top part in because I never realized these dumbass kids got the idea to do it from dumbass adults

You're no fun

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1444 on: April 03, 2020, 01:19:29 PM »
CO of the THEODORE ROOSEVELT (CVN 71) writes a letter to his superiors asking for immediate assistance due to a mass outbreak of COVID-19 on his ship (98 people and counting). Someone in the 20 person CC line leaks said letter. CO gets fired. WTF?

Dude got cheered by the whole crew as he walked off the ship after being relieved.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #1445 on: April 03, 2020, 01:26:26 PM »
CO of the THEODORE ROOSEVELT (CVN 71) writes a letter to his superiors asking for immediate assistance due to a mass outbreak of COVID-19 on his ship (98 people and counting). Someone in the 20 person CC line leaks said letter. CO gets fired. WTF?

Dude got cheered by the whole crew as he walked off the ship after being relieved.

He got fired for leaking the letter, when he didn't leak the letter. A few of his superiors fought the firing but it was from a civilian flunky on Trump's cabinet.

WASHINGTON—Navy leaders have relieved the captain of a U.S. aircraft carrier after a memo to military officials in which he pleaded for help with a coronavirus outbreak at sea was leaked to a newspaper.

Capt. Brett Crozier, the commanding officer of the USS Theodore Roosevelt, now at port in Guam, was relieved Thursday after superiors said they lost confidence in his ability to lead. The decision to remove him drew outrage from lawmakers and some relatives of crew members who backed the commander’s call for attention to the crisis.

Capt. Crozier had written a four-page memorandum recently demanding that superiors allow him to take the carrier to the port in Guam to offload sailors stricken with Covid-19. At least 114 of the vessel’s crew have tested positive for the new coronavirus.

“We are not at war. Sailors do not need to die,” Capt. Crozier wrote in his March 30 memo, which was reported by the San Francisco Chronicle. “If we do not act now, we are failing to properly take care of our most trusted asset—our sailors.”

Acting Navy Secretary Thomas Modly said he made the decision to relieve Capt. Crozier because the commander’s memo left the impression that the Navy was only responding to the outbreak due to the plea.

“It creates the perception that the Navy is not on the job…and that is not true,” Mr. Modly said at a Pentagon news briefing Thursday.

He added that he expected criticism for the decision. “The responsibility for this decision rests with me,” Mr. Modly said. “I expect no congratulations.”

The decision to remove the Roosevelt commander came as a surprise to some Navy leaders, who said their focus had been getting resources to the ship, defense officials said.

Rep. Seth Moulton (D., Mass.), a former U.S. Marine and an Iraq war veteran, said the removal of the captain raised questions about Navy leadership and would draw inquiries from Congress.

“I learned on my first day in the Marines that having the courage to speak truth to power is grounds for respect, not grounds for relief,” Mr. Moulton said in a Twitter message.

The Navy’s decision to remove Capt. Crozier—a move tantamount to firing him from the armed services—spurred debate among top officials this week. Two of Capt. Crozier’s uniformed commanders, Adm. Mike Gilday, chief of naval operations, and Adm. John Aquilino, who is in charge of naval operations in the Pacific, questioned the decision, defense officials said.

At a Pentagon press briefing Thursday, however, Adm. Gilday said he supported Mr. Modly’s decision. Adm. Aquilino, through a spokesperson, didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment.

Mr. Modly, a civilian official who was appointed by President Trump as undersecretary of the Navy in 2017 and became acting secretary last year, said he had no communication with the White House about the decision. He said he had relayed his decision to Defense Secretary Mark Esper.

Mr. Trump briefly addressed Capt. Crozier’s dismissal during a White House briefing on the coronavirus pandemic on Thursday, denying the move was punishment for calling attention to the plight of the crew.

“I don’t agree with that at all,” Mr. Trump said. “Not even a little bit.”

Some family members said they feared the decision to remove Capt. Crozier at the height of the crisis on the ship would slow the response, while others called it an act of retribution.

Capt. Crozier “called out the Navy, and that is why this is happening to him,” said a family member of one sailor, referring to Capt. Crozier. “He was only looking out for his sailors and this is what happens to him. It’s all about covering up for themselves.”

The post of aircraft carrier commander is among the Navy’s top jobs. Capt. Crozier is a 28-year veteran who has served as a naval aviator and officer around the world, including during the Iraq war. His removal was reported earlier Thursday by Reuters.

The Roosevelt was the first U.S. military vessel to suffer an outbreak of coronavirus while at sea. While officials don’t know how the virus came onto the ship, roughly 30 sailors had stayed at a hotel during a port visit in Vietnam earlier in March.

Initially, two sailors tested positive for the virus two weeks ago. The number has since jumped to more than 100 and is expected to keep growing, Navy officials said. The Navy last week airlifted the first several infected sailors from the aircraft carrier to medical facilities and stressed that the ship would be able to respond to any threat.

Days later, the vessel docked in Guam, where it is expected to be for weeks as sailors undergo testing and treatment.

At a news conference on Wednesday, a day before the removal, Mr. Modly had said that leaking the memo to a news organization would constitute a violation of Navy policy, and he wouldn’t rule out disciplinary action.

On Thursday, Mr. Modly said that the memo was published in Capt. Crozier’s hometown newspaper, the San Francisco Chronicle, but wouldn’t say whether he believes Capt. Crozier leaked the memo to the publication.

He said Capt. Crozier sent the memo to a “broad array of people,” resulting in it being leaked. He wouldn’t say who received copies of the memo from Capt. Crozier, only that it went to as many as 30 people.

Write to Nancy A. Youssef at nancy.youssef@wsj.com and Gordon Lubold at Gordon.Lubold@wsj.com

« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 01:37:18 PM by Miamipuck »
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1446 on: April 03, 2020, 01:29:22 PM »

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1447 on: April 03, 2020, 01:30:37 PM »
Speaking of, it’s 2:30 pm EST which in Rona time is 5:30. Time to start drinking

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #1448 on: April 03, 2020, 01:38:18 PM »
Speaking of, it’s 2:30 pm EST which in Rona time is 5:30. Time to start drinking

I have been drinking since 730 am, time is a flat circle now, you're a lightweight.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #1449 on: April 03, 2020, 01:57:01 PM »
I have been drinking since 730 am, time is a flat circle now, you're a lightweight.

Quarantine rules are the same as airport rules, you are allowed to drink any time you want.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #1450 on: April 03, 2020, 01:59:15 PM »
Richard Southern
@richard680news
·
16m
#BREAKING - Only online sales of cannabis is now permitted in Ontario. The Ford government has removed cannabis storefront retail from its essential business list.

IATA might kill himself
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #1451 on: April 03, 2020, 04:17:58 PM »

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #1452 on: April 03, 2020, 04:25:35 PM »

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1453 on: April 03, 2020, 04:26:45 PM »
anyone who will be within 6 ft of Trump or Pence has to take one of the instant tests, get results in 15 mins

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #1454 on: April 03, 2020, 05:10:21 PM »
https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-5g-mast-set-on-fire-after-baseless-conspiracy-theory-link-to-pandemic-11968217

Dumbasses lighting 5G masts on fire because it caused coronavirus.

So 2ait there's a lunatic fringe in other countries? Or dumbasses?

Who would have thunk it, I thought they were  part and parcel just a US problem.

Tags: