Author Topic: Coronavirus SZN Forever  (Read 357946 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Re: Coronavirus SZN Forever
« Reply #1425 on: April 03, 2020, 09:28:58 AM »

Tell me what's not correct about this statement.

if everyone observes this then a lot of businesses are going to cease operations very quickly. It is possible to exercise good hygiene practices and observe sensible caution while still living a (mostly) normal life

I have said from the outset that the economic impact of the course we have chosen will kill more people than the virus and so far I've seen nothing to dispute that. But it's mostly poor people who will suffer there, so obviously that doesn't matter.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1426 on: April 03, 2020, 09:37:48 AM »

I have said from the outset that the economic impact of the course we have chosen will kill more people than the virus and so far I've seen nothing to dispute that. But it's mostly poor people who will suffer there, so obviously that doesn't matter.

Most countries have chosen that course. Not an America thing.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #1427 on: April 03, 2020, 09:40:10 AM »
Most countries have chosen that course. Not an America thing.

Agreed. And now that we have chosen this course, we have to commit to it properly because the worst thing would be to do it half assed and kill excrement tons of people at both ends. But only America AFAIK has people forming armed militias to oppose the strategy because muh rights.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1428 on: April 03, 2020, 09:40:13 AM »

Considering that they've said it'll take a poor person 4 to 5 years to recoup wages lost from this, I think its fairly likely still that the economic consequences will have a greater impact than the disease, just obviously not all shock and awe.

That aid its blatantly freaking obvious that the economic consequences and disease consequences would all be far had everyone just hid in a freaking bunker at the start of this

And still would be everyday

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1429 on: April 03, 2020, 09:48:32 AM »
Agreed. And now that we have chosen this course, we have to commit to it properly because the worst thing would be to do it half assed and kill excrement tons of people at both ends. But only America AFAIK has people forming armed militias to oppose the strategy because muh rights.

I mean some crazy dude in Idaho with his band of merry men isn't really that far.

Hell everyone knows that Gen Zers are a much much bigger problem

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #1430 on: April 03, 2020, 09:52:33 AM »

I still don't think you should lump everyone in America together because of our idiots.  Yes, they are quite special, elite even.  The majority of the rest of us think they are idiots but are still proud to be Americans for many other reasons. 

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #1431 on: April 03, 2020, 09:56:19 AM »
I still don't think you should lump everyone in America together because of our idiots.  Yes, they are quite special, elite even.  The majority of the rest of us think they are idiots but are still proud to be Americans for many other reasons. 

Yes, I'm very aware of that. I'm not saying that 330M people think that it's in any way reasonable, just that it's really only the US where someone taking such a course of action would be considered unsurprising.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1432 on: April 03, 2020, 10:01:18 AM »

I agree:

I was also thinking how hilarious mandatory testing ala South Korea would be here and how many people would complain or refuse to comply because Americans are difficult assholes

https://twitter.com/krausekraig/status/1238869768746172417?s=21

People are vastly underestimating how dumb Americans are

Not just a Merica thing:

Italian authorities have pressed charges against more than 40,000 people for violating the lockdown imposed to contain the coronavirus, according to figures from the interior ministry.
While millions of Italians have been staying at home since 9 March, when the prime minister, Giuseppe Conte, imposed a national quarantine, a minority of the population have violated rules requiring citizens to venture out only if strictly necessary, such as for work, health-related reasons or grocery shopping.
Italy reported its biggest daily rise in deaths on Wednesday, with 475 new fatalities. The country now has 35,713 cases – approaching half the total for China, which stands at 81,102.
Police stopped and checked 700,000 citizens between 11 and 17 March, 43,000 of whom were found to have violated the decree, which also ordered the closing of shops, bars, restaurants, gyms and swimming pools.

One of the most serious cases happened in Sciacca, Sicily, when a man who had tested positive for Covid-19 was discovered by police while out shopping, despite the strict order to self-isolate at home. Prosecutors opened an investigation and accused the man of “aiding the epidemic”. If convicted, he could face up to 12 years in prison.

On 10 March a 30-year-old man was stopped by the police in Turin at 2.30am while soliciting a sex worker.
Police near Venice pressed charges against a priest because he was officiating at a funeral. Another priest was reported for the same reason in Torre Annunziata in Campania, together with relatives of the deceased. Funeral services are banned under the decree.
The prosecutor’s office in Aosta, in north-west Italy, opened an investigation against a man for “aggravated attempt to spread the epidemic” because he had not informed his doctors of suspected coronavirus symptoms before undergoing plastic surgery on his nose. The man subsequently tested positive for Covid-19.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #1433 on: April 03, 2020, 10:07:07 AM »
Not just a Merica thing:

Not taking it seriously is absolutely not just an America thing. We've had people busting into locked playgrounds so that their kids can play on the equipment, and have had to impose bylaws giving the city the ability to issue $750 spot fines for failing to observe strict rules about essential activity and physical distancing because our parks have been really full of people hanging out with their friends and generally treating it like a holiday.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #1434 on: April 03, 2020, 11:22:15 AM »
You know that thing I was saying about America's obsession with rights being a problem?

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/ammon-bundy-pledges-physical-defense-for-those-who-defy-idahos-covid-19-order

If there is ever a time to use a Predator drone on US soil, it's when these douchebags meet in public again.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1435 on: April 03, 2020, 11:27:30 AM »
If there is ever a time to use a Predator drone on US soil, it's when these douchebags meet in public again.

I would save it for the next time congress meets to work on another stimulus package solving global warming the center for the arts and whatever dogshit is included

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #1436 on: April 03, 2020, 11:39:08 AM »
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1437 on: April 03, 2020, 12:15:05 PM »

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #1438 on: April 03, 2020, 12:27:41 PM »
This made me laugh.

*A RECAP OF THE LAST THREE WEEKS*

AMERICA: Oh my god! Coronavirus! What should we do?

CALIFORNIA: Shut down your states.

AMERICA: Wait... what? Why?

CALIFORNIA: Because 40 million people live here and we did it early, and it’s working.

OHIO: Whoa... whoa... let’s not be hasty now. The president said that this whole coronavirus thing is a democratic hoax.

CALIFORNIA: He also said that windmills cause cancer. Shut down your state.

TEXAS: But the president said that we only have 15 cases and soon it'll be zero.

CALIFORNIA: The president can’t count to fifteen. Nor even spell it. Shut down your state.

NEW JERSEY: Us too?

CALIFORNIA: Yes, you guys too. Just like when Christie shut down the bridge, but it’s your whole state.

FLORIDA: But what about all these kids here on spring break?? They spend a lot of money here!

CALIFORNIA: Those kids invented the tide pod challenge. Shut down your state.

LOUISIANA: But wait let’s have Mardi Gras first. It entertains people.

CALIFORNIA: It also kills them. Shut it down.

GEORGIA: Ok well how about we keep the state open for all of our mega churches? Maybe we can all pray really hard until the coronavirus just goes away!

CALIFORNIA: Which is working like a charm for mass shootings. Jesus told us to tell you to shut down your state.

OKLAHOMA: What about the tigers?

CALIFORNIA: What about a dentist. Shut it down.

WYOMING: Hold up, maybe we should go county by county like the president said.

CALIFORNIA: Stop acting like there are counties in Wyoming. There are no counties in Wyoming. Wyoming is a county. Shut it down.

PENNSYLVANIA: But big coal.

CALIFORNIA: But big death. Shut it.

WEST VIRGINIA: But we were the last state to get coronavirus!

CALIFORNIA: And don’t make us explain to you why that was. Shut it down.

NORTH CAROLINA: But the republican national convention is coming here!

CALIFORNIA: Ok fine...Do what you want.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1439 on: April 03, 2020, 12:38:59 PM »
I love how that made up excrement picks Ohio as the first red state to troll when they were one of the first states in the country to publicly broadcast they had an outbreak, close bars/restaurants and enact a shelter in place

Tags: