Author Topic: Coronavirus SZN Forever  (Read 359293 times)

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
Re: Coronavirus SZN Forever
« Reply #1410 on: April 02, 2020, 06:44:59 PM »
"If, after 20 minutes of CPR, the defibrillator or the heart monitor shows a "no shock indicated" or a non-shockable rhythm and there is no blood circulation, CPR is to be terminated."

That doesn't sound unreasonable.  I'd like to know the survival rate of patients that present this way to the ER.  I bet it's extraordinarily low.  This makes sense if you take emotion out of it. Admittedly that's difficult if it's your family member.

That wasn't in the article from NBC, but if that's the case that's much more understandable and not unreasonable.

It's still a shocking thing thoguh when you see government directions basically saying hey there's too many sick people let's give up on some

(albeit that's something I think needs to be considered as part of healthcare reform)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #1411 on: April 02, 2020, 08:19:28 PM »
is that the one order Deblasio has issued?

Pretty sure that that's not within the remit of any mayor. At least I really freaking hope so.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1412 on: April 02, 2020, 08:28:41 PM »
The only thing I saw come up for Deblasio was him telling everyone to wear scarves so they look fabulous

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #1413 on: April 02, 2020, 08:51:11 PM »
Pretty sure that that's not within the remit of any mayor. At least I really freaking hope so.

I was joking, I sure hope they cant issue orders like that.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #1414 on: April 02, 2020, 09:59:27 PM »
Bill deBlasio is getting excrement on a lot in this thread, and under 99.99% of circumstances, I'd be all-in on the dogpile. But BdB is a big reason why things turned in NY.

Cuomo's getting a lot credit, and not all of it undue, but the mayor shutting down NYC schools was the critical turning point in getting the pseudo-shelter-in-place to happen. Once the schools were closed, it forced businesses to accept that they were going to have to start letting people work remotely because otherwise, they were just going to start paying for vacations for most of their staff.

I like practically nothing about the guy, but on this one, he gets an A+ from me.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #1415 on: April 02, 2020, 10:24:59 PM »
Bill deBlasio is getting excrement on a lot in this thread, and under 99.99% of circumstances, I'd be all-in on the dogpile. But BdB is a big reason why things turned in NY.

Cuomo's getting a lot credit, and not all of it undue, but the mayor shutting down NYC schools was the critical turning point in getting the pseudo-shelter-in-place to happen. Once the schools were closed, it forced businesses to accept that they were going to have to start letting people work remotely because otherwise, they were just going to start paying for vacations for most of their staff.

I like practically nothing about the guy, but on this one, he gets an A+ from me.

What?  Why?  Cuomo all but demanded NYC schools shut down.  DeBlasio doesn't deserve a lick of credit. 

3/15:

New York City should close its schools, Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Sunday during a conference call with reporters. He called on the city to come up with a plan within 24 hours to address child care for health care workers and how to feed low-income students.

“I do believe that New York City schools should be closed,” Cuomo said on a conference call. “I call on the parties and the leadership in New York City to come up with a plan on childcare and on food and to do it within 24 hours.”

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1416 on: April 02, 2020, 10:37:51 PM »
.@NYCMayor says the City should prepare for a “shelter in place” order. Decision expected within next 48 hours.

NEW STATEMENT FROM @NYGovCuomo OFFICE:

"Any blanket quarantine or shelter in place policy would require State action and as the Governor has said, there is no consideration of that for any locality at this time."

Great job guys
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1417 on: April 02, 2020, 10:45:26 PM »

Care to elaborate on this? By the time they took action and stopped spreading misinformation it was too late

Coronavirus outbreak, New York:

April 2:     92,381 cases
March 28:  52,318 cases
March 23: 20,875 cases
March 18:  2,382 cases
March 13:    421 cases
March 8:     105 cases
March 3:       2 cases

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1418 on: April 03, 2020, 06:02:35 AM »
World leader power rankings

1) Xi

2) Iran man bad

3) Dutch PM (update: https://www.forbes.com/sites/joshuacohen/2020/03/27/caught-between-herd-immunity-and-national-lockdown-holland-hit-hard-by-covid-19/amp/?__twitter_impression=true)

4) Philippines President - (https://twitter.com/breaking911/status/1245937203143983107?s=21)

5) Belarus Grand Poobah (https://twitter.com/rtsportnews/status/1244594129113354242?s=21)

6) Boris Johnson

7) Trump

We have a new contender! Phillipines President Philip Duarte enters the race with a strong first showing
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 06:19:35 AM by SixFeetDeep »

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1419 on: April 03, 2020, 06:25:25 AM »
The Phillipines dude makes me wonder

Is there some kind of criminal penalty enhancer (ie like the hate crime statute) for people committing serious crimes during a national pandemic/emergency?

I mean with resources being especially scarce and any investigations potentially being an amplified risk to public health. You'd think something like that would exist. As people would realize their chances of getting away with a crime are substantially greater and then some right now.

And I'm not talking about bullshit crimes. But things like rape assault murder, major robberies etc

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1420 on: April 03, 2020, 07:04:36 AM »
Lol the mainstream media is too busy fawning over Andrew Cuomo’s pressers to cover this:

Cuomo proposing $2.5 Billion in cuts to Medicaid

ALBANY — Despite a $6 billion budget gap and new revenue losses posed by New York’s coronavirus outbreak, Gov. Andrew Cuomo is threatening to forgo more than $6 billion in federal aid he says would force him to adjust his Medicaid redesign strategy.

The governor this week reiterated that he will not accept the $6.7 billion in enhanced federal Medicaid matching rate (FMAP) funds approved earlier this month because it would prevent him from modifying the state’s Medicaid program as proposed in his executive budget.

THE LATEST: New York State Lawmakers Reach Tentative Budget Agreement

+ Spending reduced; no tax hike
+ School aid held flat
+ Billions in Medicaid reductions
+ @NYGovCuomo has power to do mid-year cuts
+ Bail law pared back
+ Pot not legalized

https://www.thenation.com/article/politics/covid-ny-hospital-medicaid/

https://www.politico.com/states/new-york/albany/story/2020/03/27/cuomo-threatens-to-reject-67b-in-federal-aid-in-favor-of-medicaid-redesign-1269446

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #1421 on: April 03, 2020, 09:06:08 AM »
You know that thing I was saying about America's obsession with rights being a problem?

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/ammon-bundy-pledges-physical-defense-for-those-who-defy-idahos-covid-19-order
A cross-dressing limey poofter

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1422 on: April 03, 2020, 09:14:43 AM »
You know that thing I was saying about America's obsession with rights being a problem?

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/ammon-bundy-pledges-physical-defense-for-those-who-defy-idahos-covid-19-order

I think we can all agree nobody is worried about COVID-19 becoming rampant in freaking Idaho.

That would involve people actually traveling there

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1423 on: April 03, 2020, 09:15:28 AM »
Except that if everyone observes this then a lot of businesses are going to cease operations very quickly. It is possible to exercise good hygiene practices and observe sensible caution while still living a (mostly) normal life, and it's kind of important that we do that.

If you want to hunker down in a fort made of toilet rolls with your shotgun and a lifetime supply of canned beans then no one's going to stop you, but for most of the rest of the world life needs to go on.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #1424 on: April 03, 2020, 09:24:00 AM »
lmao
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Tags: