Author Topic: Coronavirus SZN Forever  (Read 358232 times)

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Re: Coronavirus SZN Forever
« Reply #1395 on: April 02, 2020, 11:59:29 AM »
I stole this: leadership

Trump on Coronavirus:

Jan 22--'We have it totally under control. It's one person coming in from China. It's going to be just fine'.

Feb 2--'We pretty much shut it down coming in from China'.
 Feb 10--'dies with hotter weather'
 Feb 12--'You know in April, supposedly (the virus) dies with the hotter weather'.
 Feb 24--'The coronavirus is very much under control in the USA...stock market starting to look very good to me!'
 Feb 25--'CDC and my administration are doing a great job of handling coronavirus'.
 Feb 25--'I think that's a problem that's going to go away....They have studied it. They know very much. In fact, we're very close to a vaccine'. He then went on to claim that in 2014 'nobody had ever heard of Ebola' and that the Ebola mortality rate 'was virtually 100%.'
 Feb 26--he tells everyone that the coronavirus 'is a flu' and continues on with this prediction 'The 15 (cases) within a couple days is going to be down close to zero' when we were already up to 53 known cases. 'We're going substantially down, not up'--he said and then goes on to say 'the flu death rate is much higher than (taking a shot at a critic) Sanjay Gupta said'.
 Feb 27--miracle day--'One day it's like a miracle....it will disappear'.
 Feb 28--'We're ordering a lot of supplies. We're ordering a lot, uh, elements that frankly we wouldn't be ordering unless it was something like this. But we're ordering a lot of different elements of medical'. Later 'This is their new hoax' and 'We're totally prepared'.
 Mar 2--'nobody knows the number of flu deaths' and a vaccine is 'coming relatively soon'. 'You take a solid flu vaccine, you don't think that could have an impact, or much of an impact, on Corona?'---'A lot of things are happening, a lot of very exciting things are happening and they're happening very rapidly'.
 Mar 4--'If we have thousands or hundreds of thousands that get better just by, you know, sitting around and going to work---some of them go to work, but they get better.' Later he starts pointing the finger at Obama 'didn't do anything' for H1N1 and that Barack impeded testing, wrongly states that the 1990 flu killed 100,000 and wrongly says he thinks there was a coronavirus death in New York.
 Mar 5--'I never said people that are sick should go to work'---'The United States....has, as of now, only 129 cases....and 11 deaths. We are working very hard to keep those numbers as low as possible' and that the virus only hit the US 'three weeks ago'.
 Mar 6--(Azar saying there are no shortages of tests that day)--'I think we're doing a really good job in this country at keeping it down....a tremendous job at keeping it down'.....'Anybody right now and yesterday, anybody that needs a test gets a test. They're there. And the tests are beautiful....the tests are all perfect like the letter was perfect. The transcription was perfect. Right? This was not as perfect as that but pretty good!'.....'I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it....Every one of these doctors said, 'How do you know so much about this?' Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for President'....'I don't need to have our numbers double because of one ship that wasn't our fault!'....'I didn't know people died from the flu! (Trump's own grandfather died from the flu). He goes on to say that the numbers in Italy are 'getting much better'--that our coronavirus numbers 'are lower than just about anybody' and that 'maybe' the coronavirus was improving US jobs numbers.
 Mar 8--'We have a perfectly coordinated and fine tuned plan at the White House for our attack on coronavirus'.
 Mar 9--'This blindsided the World!'
 Mar 13--'I take no responsibility.'---'National Emergency, two big words.'
 Mar 15--'It's a very contagious virus, it's incredible, but it's something we have tremendous control of'.
 Mar 16--'We've done a fantastic job from just about every standpoint'.---'We have a problem that, a month ago, nobody ever thought about' (he was first briefed on coronavirus in January).....speaking of his own coronavirus test 'I've been strongly tested'.
 Mar 17--'I felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a a pandemic'.
 Mar 20---(after being asked by a reporter 'What do you say to Americans who are scared?)--'I say you're a terrible reporter, that's what I say. I think that's a very nasty question'. ......' I've been right a lot'....(on When will everyone who needs a coronavirus test be able to get a test?) 'No one is talking about this except you, which doesn't surprise me'
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 12:25:54 PM by Miamipuck »
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1396 on: April 02, 2020, 01:11:30 PM »
^lines up with the response/approach timeline of most other “leaders” here
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #1397 on: April 02, 2020, 01:15:58 PM »
No, no I don't think any other country has a problem with credible death threats being made against the person or persons leading their pandemic response.

I'm fairly sure that this is just a you thing.
   American exceptionalism.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #1398 on: April 02, 2020, 01:41:38 PM »
^lines up with the response/approach timeline of most other “leaders” here

So what?

I readily admit I didn't think it was as big a deal as it was back then, 5-6 weeks ago. I still don't think based on all the numbers that it's all that much deadlier than the flu. A huge percentage of people have/had it but are asymptomatic and as such are not tested, meaning the numbers are skewed by at least an order of magnitude and most likely a lot more.

The big problem is it's a new virus and hasn't been in circulation, so there's no immunity built up to it. So everyone is getting it all at once. The flu has been around so long that most people have an immunity to it, so it has a limited number of hosts. This virus has no such limitations.

Still, I am not a leader of this country state or town, not now and not ever. Would I have been as woefully ignorant, flippant to what is happening? Probably not, freak I hope not.

The best leaders have the best people around them, they don't know everything about everything and they certainly would not surround themselves with yes men. I hope to god if I was in position to lead that I would have the right people to advise me on the course of actions to take that would have the best outcomes for everyone. This President does none of these things. I can afford to be flippant about things as I have no constituents to protect.

Am I scared about the virus? Selfishly, absolutely not, I am not worried about this thing in the least for myself. However, I am very scared for the people that have secondary illness's and or are older and in poorer health. They are the one's most vulnerable.

That said, just because we lob excrement at each other here, doesn't mean we want nor should expect the so called leader of the free world to be no better than a casual JO member. In fact, I think most of us could destroy Trump in any philosophical or fight club battle royale.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 01:43:53 PM by Miamipuck »
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #1399 on: April 02, 2020, 01:59:55 PM »
Over 1 million confirmed cases.

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #1400 on: April 02, 2020, 02:19:03 PM »
https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/02/politics/fact-check-georgia-gov-brian-kemp-coronavirus-no-symptoms-stay-at-home/index.html

"What we've been telling people from directives from the CDC for weeks now that if you start feeling bad stay home, those individuals could have been infecting people before they ever felt bad. But we didn't know that until the last 24 hours," said Kemp

Said Kemp on freaking Wednesday. 

If the South wants to go ahead and secede again, I'm all for it.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #1401 on: April 02, 2020, 02:40:37 PM »
https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/02/politics/fact-check-georgia-gov-brian-kemp-coronavirus-no-symptoms-stay-at-home/index.html

Said Kemp on freaking Wednesday. 

If the South wants to go ahead and secede again, I'm all for it.
What an idiot.  We here in the South have a lot of idiots.  We aren't all stupid, I promise.  I mean, I'm retarded too, but I know a few non-tards. All high and mighty with their fancy "elementary school education". 

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #1402 on: April 02, 2020, 02:43:05 PM »
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/02/coronavirus-churches-can-stay-open-in-states-with-especially-vulnerable-populations.html

Churches allowed to stay open in states where millions are particularly vulnerable to coronavirus.

Florida, Louisiana, Tennessee, West Virginia, New Hampshire, Delaware, Michigan, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Missouri and Arkansas.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 02:45:57 PM by bojanglesman »

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #1403 on: April 02, 2020, 02:49:51 PM »
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/02/coronavirus-churches-can-stay-open-in-states-with-especially-vulnerable-populations.html

Churches allowed to stay open in states where millions are particularly vulnerable to coronavirus.

Florida, Louisiana, Tennessee, West Virginia, New Hampshire, Delaware, Michigan, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Missouri and Arkansas.

Only Jeebus can save them now.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #1404 on: April 02, 2020, 03:38:03 PM »
jesus thinks their all pieces of excrement too, so peace out i guess dummies?

whats the point in going to church? you cant pray to whatever from your own home? you need 200 other people there holding your hand? or is it just that youre all really just self-righteous assholes who goto church for clout more than anything?

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1405 on: April 02, 2020, 04:31:01 PM »
jesus thinks their all pieces of excrement too, so peace out i guess dummies?

whats the point in going to church? you cant pray to whatever from your own home? you need 200 other people there holding your hand? or is it just that youre all really just self-righteous assholes who goto church for clout more than anything?

https://twitter.com/doranimated/status/1239686787053711360?s=21

Organized group prayer is serious business, you wouldn’t get it

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1406 on: April 02, 2020, 04:32:55 PM »
Israeli media reporting health minister Litzman, who has coronavirus, attended illegal synagogue services this week in violation of his own ministry's directives and might have got infected there.

This guy violated his own departments orders just to get his prayers up

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1407 on: April 02, 2020, 06:26:09 PM »
Apparently NYC is telling ems if they can't revive a cardiac arrest patient in the field, don't bring them to a hospital.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #1408 on: April 02, 2020, 06:35:55 PM »
Apparently NYC is telling ems if they can't revive a cardiac arrest patient in the field, don't bring them to a hospital.
"If, after 20 minutes of CPR, the defibrillator or the heart monitor shows a "no shock indicated" or a non-shockable rhythm and there is no blood circulation, CPR is to be terminated."

That doesn't sound unreasonable.  I'd like to know the survival rate of patients that present this way to the ER.  I bet it's extraordinarily low.  This makes sense if you take emotion out of it. Admittedly that's difficult if it's your family member.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #1409 on: April 02, 2020, 06:38:09 PM »

is that the one order Deblasio has issued?

Tags: