Author Topic: Coronavirus SZN Forever  (Read 359000 times)

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
Re: Coronavirus SZN Forever
« Reply #1365 on: April 01, 2020, 08:31:43 PM »
I don't think it's unreasonable at all to start discussions about it. Trump constantly misled the nation on this for weeks. There are people who were in the rooms with him who dumped stocks and bought stocks in companies who made masks.

This is going to kill more Americans than 9/11. There absolutely should be a commission to figure out what went wrong in our response here, and how we can fix it in the future. Politicians can multitask.

I agree that if they started having these commissions right now, it would be a bad look. But taking a look at our response to this and what went wrong is a formality and absolutely should happen.

Adam Schiff has been great. His tweet on this was: "After Pearl Harbor and 9/11, we looked at what went wrong to learn from our mistakes. Once we've recovered, we need a nonpartisan commission to review our response and how we can better prepare for the next pandemic. I’m working on a bill to do that."

What's wrong with that? Nothing.

I 100% think it's needed to look at what's wrong from start to finish, what went wrong and how we can do better in the future. But yes this is the wrong time for these discussions. This has a fairly short life span (at least the critical period) of only a few months. In the next 4 months it's very likely over 100,000 Americans will die from this.

We don't need people finger pointing and stripping each other of credibility further dividing a seriously divided nation.

Trump fucked up, and there's a very solid chance the Republicans lose the white house as well as power in the house because of it. And Trump has been spewing misinformation at a historic rate. But he seemingly has begun to change his tune recently. And we don't need anything that's going to add fuel to the partisan fire or strip leaders of their much needed credibility.

The biggest problem by a huge margin has been ignorant stupid freaking jerkoffs ignoring authoritys directions and warnings. Decreasing that credibility is only going to worsen it

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1366 on: April 01, 2020, 08:34:25 PM »
Glad that we're still spending taxpayer money on Trump to golf during a major recession when many golf courses around the country are closed.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/amid-virus-outbreak-secret-service-signed-contract-to-rent-golf-carts-at-home-of-trump-club/2020/04/01/86d249fe-7449-11ea-85cb-8670579b863d_story.html

It's behind a paywall but from what I can see it doesn't say that at all. As a matter of fact far as I can tell the article has absolutely nothing to do with Trump outside of it being his golf course

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #1367 on: April 01, 2020, 09:55:13 PM »
I’m going to throw my name in the ring for President. I will guide us to glory

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1368 on: April 01, 2020, 10:09:55 PM »
I’m going to throw my name in the ring for President. I will guide us to glory

Joe Exotic has entered the chat
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1369 on: April 01, 2020, 10:12:51 PM »
It's behind a paywall but from what I can see it doesn't say that at all. As a matter of fact far as I can tell the article has absolutely nothing to do with Trump outside of it being his golf course
"I didn't read the article but you're wrong and here is my take on it" is peak DCM.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1370 on: April 01, 2020, 10:15:05 PM »
"I didn't read the article but you're wrong and here is my take on it" is peak DCM.

More I'm not paying money to read an article that requires a paying subscription, but I read the abstract and commented on the information available, while openly disclosing this in my response

Not quite the same thing.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1371 on: April 01, 2020, 10:17:32 PM »

Did you read the article? Did trump play golf via taxpayer money in the details of that groundbreaking report?

Also, golf courses werent closed here as of last weekend. You either have to walk and maintain 6+ feet, or it’s 1 person per cart.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 10:20:08 PM by SixFeetDeep »

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1372 on: April 01, 2020, 10:21:31 PM »

From a site without a paywall

The Secret Service this week signed a $45,000 contract to rent a fleet of golf carts in Northern Virginia, saying it needed them quickly to protect a “dignitary” in the town of Sterling, home to one of President Trump’s golf clubs, according to federal contracting data.

The contract was signed Monday and took effect Wednesday, records show. The Secret Service paid a West Virginia-registered company, Capitol Golf Cars and Utility Vehicles, to rent 30 carts until the end of September.

Subscribe to the Post Most newsletter: Today’s most popular stories on The Washington Post

The new contract, which the Secret Service described as an “emergency order,” does not mention Trump or the golf club by name. But it closely mirrors past contracts signed by the Secret Service, for agents accompanying Trump to his golf clubs in New Jersey and Florida.

At least the typical peak DCM isn't freaking obnoxious and stupid enough to offer his commentary on an article after only reading the title and then having some wet dream fantasy to support his agenda.

There's enough fsctual information about Trump being a selfish inconsiderate freak that we don't need to start fantasizing about it

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #1373 on: April 01, 2020, 10:33:20 PM »
Joe Exotic has entered the chat
Ill have you know I aced my IQ test. Perfect score of 100

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1374 on: April 01, 2020, 10:34:49 PM »
Ill have you know I aced my IQ test. Perfect score of 100

Are you under 80 years old? Already more qualified than everyone that’s been under serious consideration for the last 8 years

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #1375 on: April 01, 2020, 10:39:23 PM »
Are you under 80 years old? Already more qualified than everyone that’s been under serious consideration for the last 8 years
I’m 31

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1376 on: April 01, 2020, 10:47:00 PM »
I’m 31

Gonna need you on Instagram live binging the Office and cooking a pasta dinner in order to relate to the commonfolk

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #1377 on: April 01, 2020, 10:47:37 PM »
Gonna need you on Instagram live binging the Office and cooking a pasta dinner in order to relate to the commonfolk
Would you settle for a TikTok lip sync vid?

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1378 on: April 01, 2020, 10:50:03 PM »
Would you settle for a TikTok lip sync vid?

Let’s follow the Tom Steyer playbook

https://twitter.com/xxl/status/1233803577568747522?s=21
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 10:52:01 PM by SixFeetDeep »

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1379 on: April 01, 2020, 11:13:32 PM »
From a site without a paywall
At least the typical peak DCM isn't freaking obnoxious and stupid enough to offer his commentary on an article after only reading the title and then having some wet dream fantasy to support his agenda.

There's enough fsctual information about Trump being a selfish inconsiderate freak that we don't need to start fantasizing about it
Every time Trump has gone golfing, he signed a contract just like this before he went.

So sure, maybe the Secret Service signed a $45,000 contract to rent golf clubs to protect somebody else who is going golfing at one of Trump's clubs. And maybe 2+2=5.

Tags: