Author Topic: Coronavirus SZN Forever  (Read 357763 times)

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
Re: Coronavirus SZN Forever
« Reply #1350 on: April 01, 2020, 04:41:23 PM »
CT is reporting that a 6 week old infant died from complications due to covid-19

https://twitter.com/govnedlamont/status/1245429678875295744?s=21

freak man
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #1351 on: April 01, 2020, 04:42:37 PM »
Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) is currently drafting legislation that would set up an independent commission to investigate why the Trump administration was unprepared for the coronavirus pandemic.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/informal-discussions-begin-9-11-style-commission-coronavirus-response-n1173516

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1352 on: April 01, 2020, 04:47:21 PM »
Excluding FLA??

Between its relatively unique demographics and already significant infection count I'd wager Florida is in a class of its own.

Virginia Carolinas Georgia etc can probably be more appropriately  lumped together

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1353 on: April 01, 2020, 04:49:42 PM »
Between its relatively unique demographics and already significant infection count I'd wager Florida is in a class of its own.

Virginia Carolinas Georgia etc can probably be more appropriately  lumped together

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1354 on: April 01, 2020, 04:50:44 PM »
Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) is currently drafting legislation that would set up an independent commission to investigate why the Trump administration was unprepared for the coronavirus pandemic.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/informal-discussions-begin-9-11-style-commission-coronavirus-response-n1173516

While not unreasonable to investigate the failures of government and or accountability on this

It's extremely unfuckingreasonable to utilize resources to anything but combating the mess.

You wanna put on a show for the voters do it in 6 months, this shits a freaking war the next 4 months

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #1355 on: April 01, 2020, 05:06:48 PM »

I've seen that gif a few times and I always think how awesome Georgia would be having a new southern coast.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #1356 on: April 01, 2020, 05:50:37 PM »
While not unreasonable to investigate the failures of government and or accountability on this

It's extremely unfuckingreasonable to utilize resources to anything but combating the mess.

You wanna put on a show for the voters do it in 6 months, this shits a freaking war the next 4 months
100%
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1357 on: April 01, 2020, 06:18:04 PM »

I don't think it's unreasonable at all to start discussions about it. Trump constantly misled the nation on this for weeks. There are people who were in the rooms with him who dumped stocks and bought stocks in companies who made masks.

This is going to kill more Americans than 9/11. There absolutely should be a commission to figure out what went wrong in our response here, and how we can fix it in the future. Politicians can multitask.

I agree that if they started having these commissions right now, it would be a bad look. But taking a look at our response to this and what went wrong is a formality and absolutely should happen.

Adam Schiff has been great. His tweet on this was: "After Pearl Harbor and 9/11, we looked at what went wrong to learn from our mistakes. Once we've recovered, we need a nonpartisan commission to review our response and how we can better prepare for the next pandemic. I’m working on a bill to do that."

What's wrong with that? Nothing.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1358 on: April 01, 2020, 06:28:57 PM »
Fountains of Wayne singer died. They had a few good songs, even outside Stacy's Mom. 52 years old.

We should do a death pool.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1359 on: April 01, 2020, 06:31:00 PM »
I don't think it's unreasonable at all to start discussions about it. Trump constantly misled the nation on this for weeks. There are people who were in the rooms with him who dumped stocks and bought stocks in companies who made masks.

This is going to kill more Americans than 9/11. There absolutely should be a commission to figure out what went wrong in our response here, and how we can fix it in the future. Politicians can multitask.

I agree that if they started having these commissions right now, it would be a bad look. But taking a look at our response to this and what went wrong is a formality and absolutely should happen.

Adam Schiff has been great. His tweet on this was: "After Pearl Harbor and 9/11, we looked at what went wrong to learn from our mistakes. Once we've recovered, we need a nonpartisan commission to review our response and how we can better prepare for the next pandemic. I’m working on a bill to do that."

Are we investigating DeSantis and DeBlasio too? Because their (in)action/misinformation have been more damaging than Trump’s, at this point in time, imo.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1360 on: April 01, 2020, 06:33:53 PM »
March 11
During a press conference, Mayor de Blasio said he is “telling people to not avoid restaurants, not avoid normal things that people do. . . . If you’re not sick, you should be going about your life.” (The city was four days away from the announcement that the city was closing all schools.)

March 16
The New York Times reported that for the past week, the mayor’s “top aides were furiously trying to change the mayor’s approach to the coronavirus outbreak. There had been arguments and shouting matches between the mayor and some of his advisers; some top health officials had even threatened to resign if he refused to accept the need to close schools and businesses, according to several people familiar with the internal discussions.”

Hours before all gyms in New York had to close, Mayor de Blasio had one final workout at the gym at his local YMCA. Even his former staffers offered scathing criticism.

Rebecca Katz, a former special adviser whom the mayor once called a metaphorical member of his family, declared, “No current or former staff member should be asked to defend this. The mayor’s actions today are inexcusable and reckless.” Jonathan Rosen, once one of de Blasio’s closest allies, called the mayor’s gym visit “pathetic, self-involved, inexcusable.”

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1361 on: April 01, 2020, 06:40:58 PM »
March 2

The perspective here is important. And the facts, once you know the facts, once you know the reality, it is reassuring, and we should relax, because that’s what’s dictated by the reality of the situation. I get the emotion, I understand; I understand the anxiety. I’m a native-born New Yorker, we live with anxiety. But the facts don’t back it up here. . . .

What happened in other countries versus what happened here, we don’t even think it’s going to be as bad as it was in other countries.”

Everyone’s Hero, Andrew Cuomo

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1362 on: April 01, 2020, 06:42:33 PM »
March 2

De Blasio concurred. “We have a lot of information now, information that is actually showing us things that should give us more reason to stay calm and go about our lives. . . . This is not, so far, something that you get through casual contact. There has to be some prolonged exposure. And I think it’s really important to get that information out to all New Yorkers.”

He also declared on Twitter, “I’m encouraging New Yorkers to go on with your lives and get out on the town despite Coronavirus.”

DeBlasio

March 3

During a press availability, the mayor declared, “So again, want to come back to this point, occasional contact, glancing contact, temporary contact, it does not, from everything we know about coronavirus, lead to transmission. It needs to be prolonged, you know, if not intimate, at least prolonged, constant contact.”
Deblasio

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #1363 on: April 01, 2020, 06:48:00 PM »

It's especially reasonable because many politicians are still failing to act properly.  freak "Keep Calm and Carry On."  These people need to be held accountable in real time.

This is going to kill more Americans than 9/11.

It already has.  Coronavirus: 5,094, 9/11: 2,977

We'll pass Vietnam (58,220) but if we're lucky, not World War I (116,516).  That's optimistic though.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 06:50:13 PM by reuben »

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1364 on: April 01, 2020, 08:26:12 PM »
Glad that we're still spending taxpayer money on Trump to golf during a major recession when many golf courses around the country are closed.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/amid-virus-outbreak-secret-service-signed-contract-to-rent-golf-carts-at-home-of-trump-club/2020/04/01/86d249fe-7449-11ea-85cb-8670579b863d_story.html

Tags: