Author Topic: Coronavirus SZN Forever  (Read 358841 times)

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
Re: Coronavirus SZN Forever
« Reply #1215 on: March 30, 2020, 07:28:57 PM »
I'd actually love to see an NFL game played in an empty stadium.  It would be so bizarre and we'd finally be able to match other teams' crowd noise.

Id be more interested in hearing all the excrement talking

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #1216 on: March 30, 2020, 07:35:42 PM »
I've been sheltered-in-place for almost two weeks now.  It's not close to being as bad here as it is there, but the entire city which thrives on music and food/bev is shutdown.

My fears come from what my mom, who is an ENT nurse practitioner, is telling me about what they are hearing...specifically from New Orleans and Miami.  Doctors are being advised not to use stethoscopes.  They are getting overwhelmed and overtaken by people with ARS.  I'm concerned because the people outside of NY and NJ think they can go into public and continue living life.

The entire country should've been shutdown for all of March and then maybe, we'd have a chance of getting back to normal by summer...but it's here now and it's going to take out a excrement ton of people, unfortunately.   

I don't give a damn about the economy at this point.  It's long gone.
I think peak virus numbers have hit but the next worry I have is rent and debts being due. April will probably be forgiven/postponed but what happens after that?

I have clientele in residential and commercial real estate firms and while they’ve amended the leases for this month and next month they have mortgages due for the buildings that have to be paid while cash flow is stopped. Speaking to their owners they’re worried the banks may press down on them for mortgage payments at which point you may start seeing evictions.

I don’t want to paint anybody in a good or bad light but what my fear has always been is what happens when people have no money, no job, empty refrigerators, and a need to provide for their families? That day is coming in a month or two time and that’s when I think this gets scary.

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
« Reply #1217 on: March 30, 2020, 07:42:14 PM »
I don't give a damn about the economy at this point.  It's long gone. 

Completely meaningless. What do you think shutting down businesses for months will actually entail for the future when "the economy is long gone"?

We need basic production of goods and services, and much of said production is heavily interrelated. Resource production can't just be shut down for months, and even partial shutdowns leaving only "essential" businesses open will lead to problems eventually.

You can't send people checks forever while nothing is produced.

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #1218 on: March 30, 2020, 07:55:11 PM »
Completely meaningless. What do you think shutting down businesses for months will actually entail for the future when "the economy is long gone"?

We need basic production of goods and services, and much of said production is heavily interrelated. Resource production can't just be shut down for months, and even partial shutdowns leaving only "essential" businesses open will lead to problems eventually.

You can't send people checks forever while nothing is produced.
Thank you this is what I’ve been trying to get at. Everyone is satisfied sitting on their bed watching Netflix and playing video games while collecting paychecks/unemployment indefinitely. Living for 6 months in some NEET fantasy is not sustainable for our current standards of living.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #1219 on: March 30, 2020, 08:07:09 PM »
Thank you this is what I’ve been trying to get at. Everyone is satisfied sitting on their bed watching Netflix and playing video games while collecting paychecks/unemployment indefinitely. Living for 6 months in some NEET fantasy is not sustainable for our current standards of living.
Nothing is gonna change until all the ignorant schmucks learn to stay home from the beach and other public venues.

And it sounds like nothing will change until the military starts ordering people at gunpoint. Yes, I think we’re at that point.

Freedoms and rights are nice to have until you have a bunch of assholes who use them as an excuse to do whatever the freak they want despite the consequences....we’re going through the same excrement up here too.  People just don’t get it.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

klaximilian

• Laveranues Coles
« Reply #1220 on: March 30, 2020, 08:12:01 PM »
What makes you think we've peaked? Is it the steadily increasing numbers of infected and death? Is it people still ignoring orders to stay home?

Why have we peaked?

https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections

http://www.healthdata.org/research-article/forecasting-covid-19-impact-hospital-bed-days-icu-days-ventilator-days-and-deaths

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1221 on: March 30, 2020, 08:21:04 PM »
My wife just got furloughed and we just bought this house back at the end if January lol.  I definitely don't make enough to float us both. That's already with 2 jobs with 0 days off lol .

Maybe death is just the cheapest solution

Well I don't know what her income is like

But unless you're near the high end of things, the new unemployment benefits ain't bad, at least for the first 3 months
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 08:26:05 PM by dcm1602 »

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1222 on: March 30, 2020, 08:25:48 PM »
I think peak virus numbers have hit but the next worry I have is rent and debts being due. April will probably be forgiven/postponed but what happens after that?

I have clientele in residential and commercial real estate firms and while they’ve amended the leases for this month and next month they have mortgages due for the buildings that have to be paid while cash flow is stopped. Speaking to their owners they’re worried the banks may press down on them for mortgage payments at which point you may start seeing evictions.

I don’t want to paint anybody in a good or bad light but what my fear has always been is what happens when people have no money, no job, empty refrigerators, and a need to provide for their families? That day is coming in a month or two time and that’s when I think this gets scary.

Were not even near the peak for NY yet.

I think 3 weeks or so could* be New Yorks peak based on what I've read

With all the fucktards out there I think the only way it goes away in NY is if enough people get the freaking disease so they all become immune. Too many assholes ignoring everything.

Martial law would have been the solution a while ago, now it's too much to contain. The best bet is just prepare for surge capicty in medical facilities and prevent the rest of the country from being such a complete freaking diasaster.

I think all eyes need to be on California and Florida. If those two states go bad excrement will get real ugly. With California being massive and Florida being disproportionately vulnerable

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1223 on: March 30, 2020, 08:29:05 PM »

With all the fucktards out there I think the only way it goes away in NY is if enough people get the freaking disease so they all become immune. Too many assholes ignoring everything.

Martial law would have been the solution a while ago, now it's too much to contain. The best bet is just prepare for surge capicty in medical facilities and prevent the rest of the country from being such a complete freaking diasaster.

I think all eyes need to be on California and Florida. If those two states go bad excrement will get real ugly. With California being massive and Florida being disproportionately vulnerable

*Marshall Law
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #1224 on: March 30, 2020, 08:29:53 PM »

You have to keep an eye on Houston, because if it gets bad in Houston, it spreads to Dallas and Mexico like wildfire. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
« Reply #1225 on: March 30, 2020, 08:36:05 PM »

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1226 on: March 30, 2020, 08:36:15 PM »
*Marshall Law

Making me doubt myself

Cruel

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1227 on: March 30, 2020, 08:37:49 PM »
You have to keep an eye on Houston, because if it gets bad in Houston, it spreads to Dallas and Mexico like wildfire. 

Makes sense

I'm completely ignorant on the existence and population of Texas

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #1228 on: March 30, 2020, 08:40:37 PM »

The numbers for NY are difficult to gauge because of the lack of testing. I think the actual viral peak in NYC is now or may have even passed. People were being turned away from testing or hospitals if they didn’t exhibit all symptoms or were of better health.

Now that testing is becoming more available (relatively speaking) the numbers are skyrocketing. I’d wager the number of people with untested corona virus in NY/NJ is exponentially higher than the confirmed number, especially in early March.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1229 on: March 30, 2020, 08:56:08 PM »
The numbers for NY are difficult to gauge because of the lack of testing. I think the actual viral peak in NYC is now or may have even passed. People were being turned away from testing or hospitals if they didn’t exhibit all symptoms or were of better health.

Now that testing is becoming more available (relatively speaking) the numbers are skyrocketing. I’d wager the number of people with untested corona virus in NY/NJ is exponentially higher than the confirmed number, especially in early March.

I thought NY basically said freak testing were just going to assume everyone has it, and tell you to go home unless you aren't stable because everything's over capicity.

I think that's a significant part of the freaking problem is people who are sick, but not seriously so, being so terrified that they all want to go to the hospital thinking it's safer than their own homes.

But I'm purely going off what's reported, I haven't seen anything report its happened so far. The latest projection I've seen is from the bill gates foundation/university of Washington suggesting the NY peak will be April 10th. With 15,000 dead in NY by August. With almost 90,000 in the country dead over the next 4 months

Tags: