Author Topic: Coronavirus SZN Forever  (Read 357950 times)

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
Re: Coronavirus SZN Forever
« Reply #1200 on: March 30, 2020, 06:31:31 PM »
NCAA approves extra year of eligibility for spring athletes

I expect we'll see this happen with fall sports when the time comes...
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #1201 on: March 30, 2020, 06:34:50 PM »
I can’t see sports being cancelled altogether. I think we’re at the peak of this mess, hoping it starts to settle down. Preseason will prob be delayed and cut down to 2 games with whatever regular season it takes to make SuperBowl Sunday happen during Presidents Day Weekend to make that following Monday an unofficial holiday.

Source: my genius

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #1202 on: March 30, 2020, 06:38:05 PM »
What makes you think we've peaked? Is it the steadily increasing numbers of infected and death? Is it people still ignoring orders to stay home?

Why have we peaked?

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #1203 on: March 30, 2020, 06:39:26 PM »
I can’t see sports being cancelled altogether. I think we’re at the peak of this mess, hoping it starts to settle down. Preseason will prob be delayed and cut down to 2 games with whatever regular season it takes to make SuperBowl Sunday happen during Presidents Day Weekend to make that following Monday an unofficial holiday.

Source: my genius

We're unfortunately not even close to the peak yet.  It hasn't truly hit Houston or Dallas yet.  Chicago is going to look a lot like NYC in a short time.

If Johnson and Johnson is developing the vaccine for it and it's not going to be out until 2021, this is going to drag out.  I hate it for everyone, but this is going to be a much longer process than we all anticipated.

People are showing up in New Orleans with respiratory symptoms, being put onto a ventilator, and dying within 4 hours.  It's going to wreck a lot of people and it hasn't hit a lot of major cities yet.     
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 06:41:02 PM by Heismanberg »

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #1204 on: March 30, 2020, 06:40:51 PM »
What makes you think we've peaked? Is it the steadily increasing numbers of infected and death? Is it people still ignoring orders to stay home?

Why have we peaked?

Not even close to peaking.  It hasn't even peaked in New York.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #1205 on: March 30, 2020, 06:42:08 PM »
but money talks

Hundreds of thousands of dead people says a lot more than money

The NFL cannot put its fans or players at risk.  The empty stadium idea is optimistic, but if those players start dropping with the virus, the league folds until next year.  Better to be safe than sorry.

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #1206 on: March 30, 2020, 06:44:52 PM »
We're unfortunately not at the peak yet.  It hasn't truly hit Houston or Dallas yet.  Chicago is going to look a lot like NYC in a short time.

If Johnson and Johnson is developing the vaccine for it and it's not going to be out until 2021, this is going to drag out.  I hate it for everyone, but this is going to be a much longer process than we all anticipated.
We probably think differently because I’ve been in the middle of this for a while. I’ve been quarantined for something like 3 weeks now. What are we supposed to do in NYC/NJ? Sit around for 6 months?

I understand the need to limit contagion but I’m not sure how the long term plan of people being inside helps much. That being said, I’m not advocating people go out and have massive parties and flood bars and such but surely we can start to slowly introduce people into the public in stages.

How you achieve it properly is not my job but my stance is you take the healthy and those that have tested positive/recovered to start working their way back into normalcy.

I went to Whole Foods to pick up some necessities and the number of shut down businesses I passed was alarming. I fear we will hit 40+% unemployment numbers and whatever stimulus packages the government is pushing will cause the dollar to inflate to useless levels

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #1207 on: March 30, 2020, 06:45:01 PM »

The NFL cannot put its fans or players at risk.  The empty stadium idea is optimistic, but if those players start dropping with the virus, the league folds until next year.  Better to be safe than sorry.
Goodell doesn’t care about the players in his league, let alone the fans.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #1208 on: March 30, 2020, 06:48:59 PM »
I've peaked.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #1209 on: March 30, 2020, 06:51:48 PM »
We probably think differently because I’ve been in the middle of this for a while.

I've been sheltered-in-place for almost two weeks now.  It's not close to being as bad here as it is there, but the entire city which thrives on music and food/bev is shutdown.

My fears come from what my mom, who is an ENT nurse practitioner, is telling me about what they are hearing...specifically from New Orleans and Miami.  Doctors are being advised not to use stethoscopes.  They are getting overwhelmed and overtaken by people with ARS.  I'm concerned because the people outside of NY and NJ think they can go into public and continue living life.

The entire country should've been shutdown for all of March and then maybe, we'd have a chance of getting back to normal by summer...but it's here now and it's going to take out a excrement ton of people, unfortunately.   

I don't give a damn about the economy at this point.  It's long gone. 

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1210 on: March 30, 2020, 07:00:49 PM »
way to speculate on excrement you know nothing about. Who speculated? Your mom?

Yes that's what I did. I speculated. Entirely my speculation.

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #1211 on: March 30, 2020, 07:01:52 PM »
I've been sheltered-in-place for almost two weeks now.  It's not close to being as bad here as it is there, but the entire city which thrives on music and food/bev is shutdown.

My fears come from what my mom, who is an ENT nurse practitioner, is telling me about what they are hearing...specifically from New Orleans and Miami.  Doctors are being advised not to use stethoscopes.  They are getting overwhelmed and overtaken by people with ARS.  I'm concerned because the people outside of NY and NJ think they can go into public and continue living life.

The entire country should've been shutdown for all of March and then maybe, we'd have a chance of getting back to normal by summer...but it's here now and it's going to take out a excrement ton of people, unfortunately.   

I don't give a damn about the economy at this point.  It's long gone. 
This times a million.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1212 on: March 30, 2020, 07:04:40 PM »

I 100% agree.

I think the players (greed?) or ambition, whatever you want to call it comes into play.

Are they willing to risk their health (even more) for potentially millions of dollars? Are players willing to subject themselves to intensely scrutinized isolation for the entire duration of the season?

I don't know what would happen but the players and ownership would have to come to a compromise. And things would certainly end immediately if it backfired.

But again there's many months for ideas to change and come up with contingency plans

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #1213 on: March 30, 2020, 07:25:52 PM »
My wife just got furloughed and we just bought this house back at the end if January lol.  I definitely don't make enough to float us both. That's already with 2 jobs with 0 days off lol .

Maybe death is just the cheapest solution

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #1214 on: March 30, 2020, 07:27:01 PM »
I'd actually love to see an NFL game played in an empty stadium.  It would be so bizarre and we'd finally be able to match other teams' crowd noise.

Tags: