Author Topic: Coronavirus SZN Forever  (Read 358059 times)

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Re: Coronavirus SZN Forever
« Reply #945 on: March 24, 2020, 12:34:23 PM »
I've been home since Friday (thankfully) and my heart goes out to anyone who isn't, or hasn't been able to, stay home.

My boss just said during our department conference call that we all need to be prepared to return to the office next week. The silence on the call was deafening.

I may choose to take a vacation. And maybe use that time to find other employment. I really can't fathom the ridiculous idea that "saving the economy" takes priority over surviving this crisis and not putting the lives of our loved ones at risk. But hey, I guess that's why I'll never be rich.

Speaking impartially, but based on this post, i've come to the conclusion that your boss is a freaking imbecile.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #946 on: March 24, 2020, 01:12:53 PM »
Speaking impartially, but based on this post, i've come to the conclusion that your boss is a freaking imbecile.

Lol

More just someone who thinks business is more important than safety.

Actually, she doesn't seem to think the problem is as bad as "they" make it out to be in the first place.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #947 on: March 24, 2020, 01:19:27 PM »
Lol

More just someone who thinks business is more important than safety.

Actually, she doesn't seem to think the problem is as bad as "they" make it out to be in the first place.

I stand by my assessment even moreso now.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #948 on: March 24, 2020, 03:24:42 PM »
my office just announced were all remote indefinitely, until may at the earliest.

im never going back into that office

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #949 on: March 24, 2020, 03:27:19 PM »
my office just announced were all remote indefinitely, until may at the earliest.

im never going back into that office

Yeah, we got told yesterday that our optional WFH was no longer optional and that the office was now closed, not that anyone has been going there.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #950 on: March 24, 2020, 03:30:10 PM »
we've got 1 person on site at all times because its our datacenter, but other than that, same.

btw, pray you dont get any internet issues for awhile. rogers lost 2 centers in india and isnt dispatching techs unless its a major outage. i hate dealing with them now

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #951 on: March 24, 2020, 03:34:28 PM »
we've got 1 person on site at all times because its our datacenter, but other than that, same.

btw, pray you dont get any internet issues for awhile. rogers lost 2 centers in india and isnt dispatching techs unless its a major outage. i hate dealing with them now

I'm on Bell, switched to them from Rogers a few years ago and have been hugely happy with the service, if not the pricing quite so much.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Gorilla

• Gary's Vaynerchuk
  • Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #952 on: March 24, 2020, 04:36:04 PM »
why are american politicians so freaking selfish and stupid?

Because the main way to get into high political office, for the most part, is your ability to win elections....the end, full stop.

We're ostensibly supposed to elect the "best of us", the most qualified and understanding and intelligent and prudent. However, it's not how qualified you are, or how intelligent, empathetic, and well-informed you are or your leadership ability...it's 95% about your ability to get people to vote for you, by hook or by crook. It's about how persuasive you are, how appealing you are, and how skilled you are at campaigning and manipulating cognitive biases and groupthink via the media and your speech and smile. Being able to convince others to vote for you (by any means necessary, even with half-truths or lies....so having a conscience might be a liability) leads to winning elections which leads to receiving more money...which leads to you being able to win more elections, and so on.

So to win high-level elections you need to be ultra-self-centered and image-obsessed, cutthroat (which requires a weak sense of empathy), and have a team of people who's sole purpose is to pump you up and make you more and more appealing to more and more people. A degree of psychopathy is helpful. The more people praise you and follow you and "believe" in you, the more you buy in to the narrative about yourself. That confidence, in turn, leads to you acting more electable...despite the fact that you may or may not actually be educated or qualified. Most people do not posses this level of narcissism or, again, psychopathy, or poopchute-ishness.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #953 on: March 24, 2020, 04:49:40 PM »
Because the main way to get into high political office, for the most part, is your ability to win elections....the end, full stop.

We're ostensibly supposed to elect the "best of us", the most qualified and understanding and intelligent and prudent. However, it's not how qualified you are, or how intelligent, empathetic, and well-informed you are or your leadership ability...it's 95% about your ability to get people to vote for you, by hook or by crook. It's about how persuasive you are, how appealing you are, and how skilled you are at campaigning and manipulating cognitive biases and groupthink via the media and your speech and smile. Being able to convince others to vote for you (by any means necessary, even with half-truths or lies....so having a conscience might be a liability) leads to winning elections which leads to receiving more money...which leads to you being able to win more elections, and so on.

So to win high-level elections you need to be ultra-self-centered and image-obsessed, cutthroat (which requires a weak sense of empathy), and have a team of people who's sole purpose is to pump you up and make you more and more appealing to more and more people. A degree of psychopathy is helpful. The more people praise you and follow you and "believe" in you, the more you buy in to the narrative about yourself. That confidence, in turn, leads to you acting more electable...despite the fact that you may or may not actually be educated or qualified. Most people do not posses this level of narcissism or, again, psychopathy, or poopchute-ishness.

Well said. I've always maintained you've got to be the most narcissistic poopchute in the world to believe you can be President of the United States. That goes for Trump. That goes for Obama. That goes for Bush (1 & 2), Clinton, Reagan, etc.

How could any person legitimately believe that they know anything so well that they can make decisions for 300M+ people?
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #954 on: March 24, 2020, 08:35:05 PM »
Well said. I've always maintained you've got to be the most narcissistic poopchute in the world to believe you can be President of the United States. That goes for Trump. That goes for Obama. That goes for Bush (1 & 2), Clinton, Reagan, etc.

How could any person legitimately believe that they know anything so well that they can make decisions for 300M+ people?

I don't think Obama or Bush were narcissistic

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #955 on: March 24, 2020, 09:58:11 PM »
well thank goodness this is all over now

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-coronavirus-victory-covid-19-death-toll-latest-a9423121.html

Donald Trump, in sharp defiance of his public health team, declared victory on Tuesday over the coronavirus even as the number of confirmed US cases and deaths continue to rise.

His administration’s goal is to “ease the guidelines and open things up to very large sections of our country as we near the end of our historic battle with the invisible enemy,” the president said. “It’s been going a while time, but we win. We win.”

The president claimed a “very, very powerful victory” over the virus as he praised Deborah Birx, a State Department official, for being perhaps the best infectious disease expert in the world – as his top infectious disease official, the widely popular Anthony Fauci, making his briefing room return, looked on behind him.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 10:02:34 PM by IATA »

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #956 on: March 25, 2020, 12:32:22 AM »
As long as this maniac is in charge, we’re all fucked.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #958 on: March 25, 2020, 07:37:01 AM »
its not that interesting because its an opinion piece behind a paywall from a right-wing business magazine.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #959 on: March 25, 2020, 08:36:03 AM »
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Tags: