Author Topic: Coronavirus SZN Forever  (Read 359656 times)

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
Re: Coronavirus SZN Forever
« Reply #855 on: March 22, 2020, 07:11:10 PM »
Gee I wonder why Iran might have trouble getting medical supplies. No grainy satellite photos to answer that one.

oh so I guess it's cool for them to lie about their numbers because amerikkka bad

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #856 on: March 22, 2020, 07:14:50 PM »
IATA is a piece of like

thats fair

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #857 on: March 22, 2020, 07:53:00 PM »
Is dcm just Tommy’s burner?

MY COLUMN:

At least I was honest about it

Plus it's the US govt who perpetuated that stereotype intentionally
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 07:56:07 PM by dcm1602 »

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #858 on: March 22, 2020, 07:56:54 PM »
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #859 on: March 22, 2020, 08:47:37 PM »
oh so I guess it's cool for them to lie about their numbers because amerikkka bad
Well how else would you describe our sanctions directly making their death toll higher? Seems... bad.

I know your kneejerk reaction is to dismiss any criticism of our country as silly edginess so it's ok if you just want to stick with that.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 08:50:10 PM by Badger »

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #861 on: March 22, 2020, 09:18:46 PM »
I don't know where to feel about things with Iran.

On one hand they crossed thresholds for nuclear weaponization and is a serious threat to global security. But to effectively fuel genocide by barricade of essential supplies during a pandemic is fucked up as well. An ideal solution would be a compromise where they can get relief and ease the world's tensions about nuclear armament. But I imagine both parties are too freaking stubborn to do that.

I have little doubt that if the US offered to allow full global aid to Iran if they disassembled their nuclear program they'd absolutely deny it. But to punish innocent civilians for thst isn't right either

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
« Reply #863 on: March 22, 2020, 09:56:55 PM »
Well how else would you describe our sanctions directly making their death toll higher? Seems... bad.

I know your kneejerk reaction is to dismiss any criticism of our country as silly edginess so it's ok if you just want to stick with that.

You can criticize the US for plenty of things, but your kneejerk reaction to blame the US for Iran covering up their death toll is utter idiocy. US sanctions on Iran being wrong or hurting them is a separate thing and irrelevant to the main point.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #864 on: March 22, 2020, 11:06:51 PM »
@realDonaldTrump:
WE CANNOT LET THE CURE BE WORSE THAN THE PROBLEM ITSELF. AT THE END OF THE 15 DAY PERIOD, WE WILL MAKE A DECISION AS TO WHICH WAY WE WANT TO GO!

Man of the people

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
« Reply #865 on: March 22, 2020, 11:10:03 PM »
Man of the people

why are boomers always yelling

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #866 on: March 22, 2020, 11:21:09 PM »
And if you’re in Belmar (or Bradley Beach or Spring Lake or anywhere close)? Please consider ordering from Federico’s on Main Street. Throw in the chicken wings and some garlic knots and some penne with vodka sauce. Keep ordering, because owners Bryan and Michael Morin did something so generous last week, they deserve some good karma -- and, more importantly, greenbacks -- headed their way.

When Gov. Phil Murphy ordered that restaurants close their dining rooms, they knew that they would no longer need most of their employees with the decline in business that was certain to follow. But they also believed that it was unfair to the men and women they considered their second family to hand them pink slips during these tumultuous times.

So Bryan Morin went to the bank, took out a $50,000 line of credit, and made the 20 employees on Federico’s payroll a promise: No matter what happens over the next two months, they would still receive a paycheck.

“My father told us a long time ago: You’ve got to take care of your employees first, because without those employees, you don’t have a business at all,” Morin said. “I definitely owe them a debt -- even if it means I might go into debt.”

Think about that. At a time when hundreds of thousands of waiters, dishwashers and other restaurant employees around the country are losing their jobs, Morin is writing checks to his staff even at a time when he knows his bottom line is going to suffer significantly.

Belmar NJ. Sounds like a great place to support if you’re in the area

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #867 on: March 23, 2020, 12:05:13 AM »
I would if I were to visit my parents!

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #868 on: March 23, 2020, 12:51:28 AM »

Don't know how well their financial situation is or if it's a hopeful marketing gimmick. But with this being a holocaust for restaurants across the country. It's possible that this move makes all those employees permanently lose those jobs.

That said it's completely commendable regardless, but definitely a huge risk unless they're swimming in cash

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #869 on: March 23, 2020, 01:27:31 AM »
Don't know how well their financial situation is or if it's a hopeful marketing gimmick. But with this being a holocaust for restaurants across the country. It's possible that this move makes all those employees permanently lose those jobs.

That said it's completely commendable regardless, but definitely a huge risk unless they're swimming in cash
When someone is holding a pistol to my head for a case of water I will defiantly stand my ground and tell them to flatten the curve

Tags: