Author Topic: Coronavirus SZN Forever  (Read 359506 times)

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
Re: Coronavirus SZN Forever
« Reply #825 on: March 22, 2020, 11:52:57 AM »
Relationship ended with sixfeetdeep. Johnny English best friend now

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #826 on: March 22, 2020, 12:12:04 PM »
Relationship ended with sixfeetdeep. Johnny English best friend now

Can’t say I can recall a relationship beyond me telling you to freak off, I do remember you talking about throating Mantana Soss on a regular basis though
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #827 on: March 22, 2020, 12:12:35 PM »
Can’t say I can recall a relationship beyond me telling you to freak off, I do remember you talking about throating Mantana Sosa on a regular basis though
To be fair he a snack

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #829 on: March 22, 2020, 12:47:25 PM »
This is why everyone talks excrement about our generation
How do you consistently have the worst take on everything

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #830 on: March 22, 2020, 12:52:27 PM »
Why do you hate science?

Oh, right...

Lol I was joking.

That second article is just conjecture, excuse me, bad conjecture.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #831 on: March 22, 2020, 01:11:18 PM »
Something I saw pointed out a day or two ago was that the Diamond Princess was the perfect breeding ground for this; enclosed space full of lots of people, recycled air, and a population that skews much older than the average. Every single person was tested and less than 20% were infected, which would suggest that the level of natural immunity is much higher than some corners would have you believe, and the statistical projections of 60-70% of a country's population possibly becoming infected seem to be unsupported by actual facts.

Editing to add a couple of interesting articles about the Diamond Princess:

https://www.statnews.com/2020/03/17/a-fiasco-in-the-making-as-the-coronavirus-pandemic-takes-hold-we-are-making-decisions-without-reliable-data/

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/coronavirus-outbreak-diamond-princess-cruise-ship-death-rate

Field Briefing: Diamond Princess COVID-19 Cases
Background:
A cruise ship, named the Diamond Princess, had travel that originated in Yokohama on 20 January and included stops in Japan (Kagoshima), Hong Kong, Vietnam, Taiwan and Japan (Okinawa), before arriving back in Yokohama on 3 February. During this time, a passenger who disembarked on 25 January in Hong Kong, has presented with cough since 19 23 Jan and was confirmed positive for Novel coronavirus on 1 February. The Japanese government requested that the Diamond Princess stay at port, with no passengers or crew disembarking, in Yokohama when it arrived on 3 February. During 3-4 February, health status of all passengers and crew members were checked by questionnaire by quarantine officers, and respiratory specimens were taken from symptomatic passengers, crew, and their close contacts to test for Novel coronavirus. On 5 February, a lab-confirmed case of COVID-19 led to the quarantine of the Diamond Princess for 14 days beginning at 7am, with passengers requested to stay in their cabins. As of 5 February, there was a total of 3711 individuals on board the Diamond Princess, with 2666 passengers and 1045 crew members.

They got their first positive test on 2/1, they started testing the population of the ship the next few days and locked down the ship by 2/5. That response time and severity of measures taken isn’t comparable to what happened in countries like Italy, Spain, and the US.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #832 on: March 22, 2020, 01:36:02 PM »
Rand Paul got the rona

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #833 on: March 22, 2020, 01:41:51 PM »
They got their first positive test on 2/1, they started testing the population of the ship the next few days and locked down the ship by 2/5. That response time and severity of measures taken isn’t comparable to what happened in countries like Italy, Spain, and the US.

Infections don't wait to start happening after the first positive test comes in. The fact that they were testing means that someone was ill, and given incubation is anywhere from 2-7 days they were busy spreading it all over the ship prior to falling ill and being tested.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #834 on: March 22, 2020, 02:36:16 PM »
From worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Counter resets daily.  That's new cases from the last reset (4am? Where are we in relation to GMT?)

The good news is that this isn't an indicator of how fast the virus is growing; just an indicator that we're finally testing an already infected population.  Still... yikes.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #835 on: March 22, 2020, 02:50:50 PM »
From worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Counter resets daily.  That's new cases from the last reset (4am? Where are we in relation to GMT?)

The good news is that this isn't an indicator of how fast the virus is growing; just an indicator that we're finally testing an already infected population.  Still... yikes.

Italy is crazy right now, and Spain seems to be trending that way

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #836 on: March 22, 2020, 02:54:49 PM »
“Is Iran covering up its outbreak?”

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-51930856

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #838 on: March 22, 2020, 02:58:04 PM »
Moscow (CNN)Russian President Vladimir Putin said this week his country managed to stop the mass spread of coronavirus -- and that the situation was "under control," thanks to early and aggressive measures to keep more people from getting the disease.

Does Russia have coronavirus under control? According to information released by Russian officials, Putin's strategy seems to have worked. The number of confirmed Russian coronavirus cases is surprisingly low, despite Russia sharing a lengthy border with China and recording its first case back in January.

The numbers are picking up, but Russia -- a country of 146 million people -- has fewer confirmed cases than Luxembourg, with just 253 people infected. Luxembourg, by contrast, has a population of just 628,000, according to the CIA World Factbook, and by Saturday had reported 670 coronavirus cases with eight deaths.

Russia's early response measures -- such as shutting down its 2,600-mile border with China as early as January 30, and setting up quarantine zones -- may have contributed to the delay of a full-blown outbreak, some experts say.

A strong record on testing
"The director-general of WHO said 'test, test, test,'" Dr. Melita Vujnovic, the World Health Organization's representative in Russia, told CNN Thursday. "Well, Russia started that literally at the end of January."

Vujnovic said Russia also took a broader set of measures in addition to testing.
"Testing and identification of cases, tracing contacts, isolation, these are all measures that WHO proposes and recommends, and they were in place all the time," she said. "And the social distancing is the second component that really also started relatively early."

Rospotrebnadzor, Russia's state consumer watchdog, said Saturday that it had run more than 156,000 coronavirus tests in total. By comparison, according to CDC figures, the United States only picked up the pace in testing at the beginning of March, while Russia says it has been testing en masse since early February, including in airports, focusing on travelers from Iran, China, and South Korea.
That's not to say there were no holes in Russia's defenses. Russia didn't start testing those arriving from Italy or other badly affected EU countries immediately, limiting its controls for arrivals from Europe to taking temperatures and imposing two-week quarantines. The majority of the coronavirus cases reported in Russia were brought from Italy, according to health officials.

CNN

This could all be lies but it’s an interesting comparison.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #839 on: March 22, 2020, 03:10:59 PM »
“Is Iran covering up its outbreak?”

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-51930856
Obviously, because they are an official Bad Guy country, where COVID deaths are the result of their evil leaders doing evil things, as opposed to Good Guy countries where COVID deaths are just an oopsie.

Tags: