Author Topic: Coronavirus SZN Forever  (Read 359708 times)

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
Re: Coronavirus SZN Forever
« Reply #765 on: March 20, 2020, 04:59:01 PM »
The people around Trump are doing a good job.  When he speaks at the briefings he's like a seagull squawking and shitting all over everything and flying away to leave everyone else to clean up after him.  That dumbass is trying to talk about medications and treatments he can't pronounce like he's some sort of part time Doogie Howser.  He's like Booger McFarland at press conferences.  Everyone cringes when he opens his stupid yapper and hopes he doesn't say something retarded, even though he always does.

The country would be much better off if he stayed in his office and let the professionals do the talking and just sign the freaking orders they tell him to. 

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #766 on: March 20, 2020, 05:17:38 PM »
The people around Trump are doing a good job.  When he speaks at the briefings he's like a seagull squawking and shitting all over everything and flying away to leave everyone else to clean up after him.  That dumbass is trying to talk about medications and treatments he can't pronounce like he's some sort of part time Doogie Howser.  He's like Booger McFarland at press conferences.  Everyone cringes when he opens his stupid yapper and hopes he doesn't say something retarded, even though he always does.

The country would be much better off if he stayed in his office and let the professionals do the talking and just sign the freaking orders they tell him to. 
This. Trump is an poopchute and he has done a dogshit job from the jump.

The more be opens his mouth, the less confident any Americans feel. And when he brings other people up there to relentlessly thank the fuhrer, it makes everything look worse.

I'll give him this, at least he is somewhat serious about this now. Several weeks too late. So he is almost doing the bare minimum now. And he still lies constantly and undermines health professionals. But it is too late now.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #767 on: March 20, 2020, 05:20:58 PM »
solid post...and keep fighting the good fight, DS. I for one, am thankful for health care folks like yourselves. Stay Safe, my friend.

EDIT: SFD is correct, your drinks are on us at the next tailgate.

You're not going, so don't volunteer our dollars you dick.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #768 on: March 20, 2020, 05:22:44 PM »
Will you be buying him appetizers?

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #769 on: March 20, 2020, 05:50:30 PM »
I’ll volunteer all your dollars plus interest
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #770 on: March 20, 2020, 06:48:00 PM »
This. Trump is an poopchute and he has done a dogshit job from the jump.

The more be opens his mouth, the less confident any Americans feel. And when he brings other people up there to relentlessly thank the fuhrer, it makes everything look worse.

I'll give him this, at least he is somewhat serious about this now. Several weeks too late. So he is almost doing the bare minimum now. And he still lies constantly and undermines health professionals. But it is too late now.

Jesus christ dude, what nonsense. 

We get it, you don't like him and you've bought, hook line and sinker total falsehoods like "half his campaign was built on blaming non-whites for the problems for this country" or whatever the freak that stupidity was. I was going to continue to hold my tongue but the "Derp derp fuhrer" excrement is just so historically ignorant and the implication is that me and mine are stupid enough to follow a wannabe Hitler, is hilarious considering your idiotic fawning on how Obama would've handled this.

You ever consider he's been serious and publicly downplayed it because to have sounded alarm bells three weeks ago would've hastened the economic tailspin we find ourselves in now? Or that maybe you're in the minority in thinking he's doing a excrement job? https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/20/poll-majority-of-americans-now-approve-of-trumps-coronavirus-management-138570

The fact of the matter is he could conjure up a cure in front of your eyes and you'd be blaming him for not coming up with one sooner. 

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #771 on: March 20, 2020, 07:24:22 PM »

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #772 on: March 20, 2020, 08:03:37 PM »
Lol. They’ve given me a placard to put in my car that confirms I’m an *** employee in case I get stopped by the cops starting on Monday. excrement’s getting real.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #773 on: March 20, 2020, 08:13:19 PM »
Paging SFD

https://twitter.com/annehelen/status/1241033463991435264?s=19

Richest area in CT and the story is not even slightly surprising

Edit: whenever you hear Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, etc. bought a house in Connecticut it’s always in the same cluster of towns in this area
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 08:27:53 PM by SixFeetDeep »
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #774 on: March 20, 2020, 08:27:56 PM »
You ever consider he's been serious and publicly downplayed it because to have sounded alarm bells three weeks ago would've hastened the economic tailspin we find ourselves in now? Or that maybe you're in the minority in thinking he's doing a excrement job? https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/20/poll-majority-of-americans-now-approve-of-trumps-coronavirus-management-138570

The fact of the matter is he could conjure up a cure in front of your eyes and you'd be blaming him for not coming up with one sooner. 
I agree that he publicly downplayed it because he thought it would help the economy in the short term. He wanted this all to go away on its own (from 15 people to 0 people) despite what experts were telling him. He thought that by downplaying it publicly, it would be a bandaid for the economy.

But I also don't think he thought this would be a big deal. A lot of Americans probably felt the same way, but he's the president. It's his responsibility, even if he wants to say it isn't. People in intelligence knew this was going to be a problem if it got to America.

And we know that people in the government also thought that because we have two senators caught dumping stocks right around this time.

And in the end, we still had the economic tailspin. Maybe he delayed it 3 weeks, but by delyaing it 3 weeks, he may have extended this for months. The best thing for the economy would have been to be more serious about this from the beginning, rather than politicizing it and calling it a hoax. It would have hurt the economy earlier, but we also would have climbed out of it earlier.

I hate Pence, too. He probably has some warped religious ideology about this disease. But he would be a 10x better leader than Trump during this.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #775 on: March 20, 2020, 08:33:00 PM »

Edit: whenever you hear Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, etc. bought a house in Connecticut it’s always in the same cluster of towns in this area
I am not surprised at all. I think if they moved it to the Main Line in Philly, they might do the same thing.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #776 on: March 20, 2020, 09:35:59 PM »

Thanks I hate it

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #777 on: March 21, 2020, 12:04:01 AM »
astonishing how many people in the world have been thinking of this as a hoax and an annoyance simply because they're not in the advertised 'high risk over 60 with other medical problems' group.

it doesn't matter whether you're in that group or not, you can still get the virus and get very sick from it. will it kill you? i don't know, probably not. but that doesn't mean that your survival didn't occur without the expenditure of extensive human and medical resources to make sure you're alive.

i can guarantee you all of the people downplaying the virus have never had to deal with the physical and mental stress of trying to stabilize a patient in respiratory compromise with their body literally shutting down in front of you. it's not fun, it's hard, it's stressful, it sucks

people who are hospitalized with the virus, survive, and make it out don't become one of the death statistics. fine. but it doesn't recount the severity of their condition if they were hospitalized in the ICU and required stabilization with high flow nasal cannula, bipap, or venting, or how bad their ABG or respiratory status looked like for a time even despite the use of high level supportive equipment, which is in finite quantity

all of this has a substantial effect on the healthcare delivery system. there are people other than coronavirus patients needing hospitalization requiring providers, meds, and some of this supportive equipment. if the outbreak becomes bad enough to the point that these hospitals cannot provide care due to the sheer number of cases they have to deal with, it's not just the coronavirus patients that suffer, it's all patients that suffer. i cannot stress this enough. i cannot comment on the economic ramifications of the shutdown on the financial security of many people across the country as it is not my arena, and i can only imagine that many people are going to lose their businesses, savings etc and how hard that's going to be. but my immediate thought is that at least they'll be alive to see it through, whether good or bad. with the coronavirus, too many people have the potential to die NOW, and not just those with the coronavirus.

even having to use something like high flow or bipap to stabilize a patient has insane consequences. these machines freaking aerosolize every freaking thing that patient has and any coronavirus patient that needs these things to survive has the chance to infect anybody in the room present with them at that time

like DCM already mentioned, some hospitals are switching to systems during rapids and codes where only 1-2 people enter the room to try and mitigate the spread of infecting an entire room of 15-20 providers helping a crashing patient. having been in these rooms many times i can tell you that often that amount of manpower is needed to try and help stabilize the patient. if the patient does not have access to that help because of this virus, that patient is dying

vents are technically closed circuits so the risk of aerosolizing is not as much of an issue, but vents are in limited quantity. already some hospitals in NY are running out of vents, hospitals in america are finding ways to macguyver this excrement and use one vent to ventilate and share between multiple infected patients which seems freaking unreal, other places are talking about intubating a patient and protecting their airway, without a hooked up 'vent', and having med students take shifts ventilating and oxygenating the patient manually with bag-valve masks as a contingency once the vents run out.

anesthesiologists who are exposed to these patients during the intubation process are exposed to every freaking thing in that patients mouth and are dropping left and right from being infected during this process. quarantining healthcare workers becomes an issue when you need man power to help care for some of these critically ill patients. calling in orthopedists, radiologists, dermatologists to try to manage a critically ill patient on a freaking vent which is something they are literally not trained to do is obviously not an ideal situation, but it's happened in some places, and it's what we're trying to prevent.

i have friends at NY programs who have been hit pretty hard and it sounds horrible. even if tested positive, some of these programs are telling their employees to come in if they feel 'well' enough to work because the situation there has literally gotten 'all hands on deck'. my hospital has not reached that level yet but it's going to within the next couple of weeks. i was already working 60-80 hour weeks on the regular on a fixed salary, and have actually been scheduled to come in for MORE, not less shifts, during this time because of how bad this thing is going to get. hospitals during this time of year and the colder months are already near close to full capacity without a global pandemic in the backdrop. i'm going to get the virus, and i fully expect to be told to come in if i feel well enough to work. when it gets really bad, i don't think hospital networks will make a big deal about testing their employees to confirm whether they have it or not, if manpower is needed. what's the point? and on top of this, we still don't have enough available tests or tests that come back

the hospital environment during this time is tense. people are scared, people are worried, people are being extra cautious. i've seen work stations being completely wiped down by one person after another person has finished using them, in another time this may seem completely freaking over the top but no offense is obviously being taken. i know of a few people that have had a hard time dealing with the stress/anxiety of all this stuff, but it's whatever. we need to come in

Apparently hospitals are experimenting with hooking up 4 patients to a vent. A ton are already doing two, but I haven't heard of 4 being done at a time yet.

I also got an email from one of the states I'm licensed in, apparently they're sending out waivers for practice restrictions for a number of types of medical professions. Allowing people to practice before passing their licensing exams, allowing people to immediately get endorsed to cross state lines, allowing students with certain numbers of clinical hours to begin working.

There's a whole plethora of things they're doing which aren't the safest. But seem like they'll do far more good than bad (some are just cutting down unnecessary tape)

I'm also reading about the possibility colleges getting turned into medical wards. But I don't forsee that happening unless they're convinced this is going to last a LOT longer than we'd all think

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #778 on: March 21, 2020, 07:29:55 AM »
Anyone that voted for Trump or is still defending Trump right now deserves this virus
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #779 on: March 21, 2020, 07:36:13 AM »
Anyone that voted for Trump or is still defending Trump right now deserves this virus

I mean the most vocal people praising Trump have been DNC leadership 🤷‍♂️

But Trump unquestionably dropped the ball on this early on. But the worst effected states are blue states with democratic governors.

Honestly the most effective thing to combat this would have been to declare a state of Marshall Law early on, and we all know how freaking stupid and ignorant people are.

Hell thst excrement woukd still be limited in effectiveness. Right now is essential business only, and you still have freaking liquor stores and gamestop open.

Trump was terrible with the start of this. But people are stupid selfish fucks too

Hopefully when this is all done and over the worthless politicians in office can put some kind of system in place to prevent far worse future pandemics from being as bad as they could be
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 07:46:47 AM by dcm1602 »

Tags: