Author Topic: Coronavirus SZN Forever  (Read 357915 times)

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
Re: Coronavirus SZN Forever
« Reply #750 on: March 20, 2020, 02:50:50 PM »
"Liquor Stores will stay open"

W
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church

Hemi

• Laveranues Coles
« Reply #752 on: March 20, 2020, 03:21:03 PM »
NJ to shut down possibly tomorrow.
Ryan Dungey #5 KTM
2015 AMA Supercross Champion
2015 AMA Motocross Champion

Hemi

• Laveranues Coles
« Reply #753 on: March 20, 2020, 03:24:59 PM »
Our company president emailed us all yesterday to let us know we are an essential business and will continue to operate. I consider myself blessed in that fact as I know many others will be affected including my own family members
Ryan Dungey #5 KTM
2015 AMA Supercross Champion
2015 AMA Motocross Champion

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #754 on: March 20, 2020, 03:38:51 PM »
I don’t like getting political, but what a maniac this guy is (and the reporter who asked him the ridiculous question).

At Thursday's coronavirus press briefing, Trump smeared The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, and The Washington Post.

"They're very dishonest," Trump claimed.

Trump then praised a far-right media outlet, saying it is "very good" and noting, "They treat me very nicely."

The right-wing personality from that media outlet falsely said major newsrooms had "teamed up" with the Chinese Communist Party to attack Trump.

The person then asked, "Is it alarming that major media players that just oppose you are consistently siding with foreign state propaganda, Islamic radicals and Latin gangs and cartels?"

Instead of rebuking the right-wing personality for the question, Trump on Thursday boasted that he had canceled the White House's subscriptions to the country's major newspapers.

"It amazes me when I read the things that I read," Trump said Thursday. "It amazes me when I read The Wall Street Journal which is so negative and The New York Times, I barely read it. We don't distribute it in the White House, and the same with The Washington Post.

https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiEMCmVnTeL4pTbTXLr3ZNTqkqGQgEKhAIACoHCAowocv1CjCSptoCMPrTpgU?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #755 on: March 20, 2020, 03:40:35 PM »
https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/20/health/covid-19-recovery-rates-intl/index.html

Some interesting stats in there, the preponderance of men dying over women particularly jumped out. I wonder if China and also Italy have those numbers impacted by the prevalence of smoking - when you think of the nationalities most likely to have a cigarette hanging out of their mouth those two would be towards the top of the list, I think, and more slanted towards men than women. If your lungs are already impeded in their operation it would be unsurprising if your chances of being killed by a nasty respiratory infection exponentially increase.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #756 on: March 20, 2020, 03:52:52 PM »
Some interesting stats in there, the preponderance of men dying over women particularly jumped out. I wonder if China and also Italy have those numbers impacted by the prevalence of smoking - when you think of the nationalities most likely to have a cigarette hanging out of their mouth those two would be towards the top of the list, I think, and more slanted towards men than women. If your lungs are already impeded in their operation it would be unsurprising if your chances of being killed by a nasty respiratory infection exponentially increase.

I can't imagine how awful the air quality is in China. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #757 on: March 20, 2020, 03:56:47 PM »
I can't imagine how awful the air quality is in China. 

That will definitely be a factor as well, I'm sure. Northern Italy where the real outbreak is is also more industrial than the south, but I don't know enough about the area to claim with any conviction that it could be a factor there.

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #758 on: March 20, 2020, 04:00:11 PM »
Why hasn't this thing gone off like an atom bomb in India?  Climate?

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #759 on: March 20, 2020, 04:02:47 PM »
Why hasn't this thing gone off like an atom bomb in India?  Climate?

That could be and I believe with my extensive medical training (two full runs through every season of House and most of ER until they killed Goose) that it is a significant factor, but probably also things like reporting and low amounts of travel are part of it as well.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #760 on: March 20, 2020, 04:15:46 PM »

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #761 on: March 20, 2020, 04:20:35 PM »
"Liquor Stores will stay open"

W

I can't imagine what it's like to live in an area where Trillium and Bissel Brothers will deliver you amazing freaking beer.

Alas...I live in excrement hole NJ counting the days until I can GTFO

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #762 on: March 20, 2020, 04:30:26 PM »
https://t.co/FO4rbzuCs3

I saw a link from The Hill this afternoon saying that a majority of Americans now approve of how Trump has handled the response to COVID. Let's see how that plays out.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #763 on: March 20, 2020, 04:42:57 PM »
From what I read the climate thing isn't as big of a factor. Cold weather makes people more vulnerable (ie the flu). It seems that the reason India has done so well is tourism isn't as big there and they've been particularly strict about screening and locking down travelers.

I'll concede I know nothing about the Indian govt, but it sounds like they've been able to do a better job at keeping people the freak out

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #764 on: March 20, 2020, 04:45:50 PM »
I saw a link from The Hill this afternoon saying that a majority of Americans now approve of how Trump has handled the response to COVID. Let's see how that plays out.

Surprisingly democrats have been fairly happy we ith Trumps response. I know they Omar Illhanki chick from Minnesota or some excrement was praising him. And she's one of his biggest critics.

Trump was absolutely an ignorant freaking idiot who poopooed the whole thing early on. But people ignore the guy has a very liberal side and occasionally likes to be a populist big govt kinda dude especially when it comes to spending.

Tags: