Author Topic: Coronavirus SZN Forever  (Read 359084 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Re: Coronavirus SZN Forever
« Reply #705 on: March 19, 2020, 07:46:16 PM »
China is and presumably will be for quite some time the biggest problem to global stability.
spidermanpointing.jpg

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #706 on: March 19, 2020, 08:42:56 PM »
So there's a bill proposed by the Senate Republicans that would cut a check for $1,200 per person and $2,400 per couple in the U.S.  It would provide minimum payments of $600 (if you wouldn't owe income taxes) and would be phased down at adjusted gross income thresholds of $75,000 for individuals and $150,000 per couple. Additionally, there would be $500 payments for each child.

While it would be nice to get a check in the mail, there are several Republicans that aren't keen on doing it this way and I agree.  It would probably be best to pay the money through the unemployment insurance program and in no-interest small business loans to companies for payroll and other necessities so it goes to people who lost work partially or completely because of this and not to people who are still working and unaffected.  Doesn't make sense to give money to people that are unaffected.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #707 on: March 19, 2020, 09:08:51 PM »
https://twitter.com/breaking911/status/1240820788091109376?s=21

Cali Governor issues “Stay At Home” order for entire state
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #708 on: March 19, 2020, 09:14:32 PM »

Stay home except for essential needs

Everyone is required to stay home except to get food, care for a relative or friend, get necessary health care, or go to an essential job. If you go out, keep at least 6 feet of distance.

How long will we stay home?
This goes into effect on Thursday, March 19, 2020. The order is in place until further notice.

What can I do? What’s open?
Essential services will remain open such as:

Gas stations
Pharmacies
Food: Grocery stores, farmers markets, food banks, convenience stores, take-out and delivery restaurants
Banks
Laundromats/laundry services
Essential state and local government functions will also remain open, including law enforcement and offices that provide government programs and services.

What’s closed?
Dine-in restaurants
Bars and nightclubs
Entertainment venues
Gyms and fitness studios
Public events and gatherings
Convention Centers

Where does this apply?
This is in effect throughout the State of California.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #709 on: March 19, 2020, 09:34:38 PM »
I had no idea Lyme Disease came from Lyme, Connecticut. Granted, I also never thought about it.

Another reason I'm happy I got out of Connecticut.

I thought that was common knowledge.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #710 on: March 19, 2020, 09:59:22 PM »
“You know that old saw that if you drop a frog in a pot of boiling water, it will leap out. But if you take that same frog and put it in a pot of ambient water and slowly crank up the temperature, it will stay in that water and boil to death. It loses perspective on the changing environment around it. We’re that frog in the ambient water. We’re oblivious to the conditions that have enabled zoonotic viruses to become integrated into us.”

Frightening and direct answers that really neither surprise me or strike me as people should be exercising common sense.
That’s a Q&A every official in the world should read.

Yeah man it's one of the best articles I have read on the virus /pandemic. It doesn't point fingers so much as just give the nuts and bolts of the problem.

Just look at this thread, the Chinese are more apt to point fingers, deflect blame, and build up their country's poor response, while Trump calling it a Chinese virus, poking fun and such. If that's the extent of global dialogue we are well and truly fucked.

I had a manager that was a Vietnam vet, he used to say especially during the 2008 financial crisis everyone is worried about who shot John and not John, as he's bleeding to death. Sometimes, most times, I think that's the world reaction to this.

In my opinion, fix the freaking problem then blame the Chinese, call it the Xi virus when all is said and done, for all the fucks I give. Start acting like the world leader(s) you are and recognize this particular moment is a global event and start acting your part within the world.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 10:09:26 PM by Miamipuck »
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #711 on: March 19, 2020, 10:15:27 PM »
Yeah man it's one of the best articles I have read on the virus /pandemic. It doesn't point fingers so much as just give the nuts and bolts of the problem.

Just look at this thread, the Chinese are more apt to point fingers, deflect blame, and build up their country's poor response, while Trump calling it a Chinese virus, poking fun and such. If that's the extent of global dialogue we are well and truly fucked.

I had a manager that was a Vietnam vet, he used to say especially during the 2008 financial crisis everyone is worried about who shot John and not John, as he's bleeding to death. Sometimes, most times, I think that's the world reaction to this.

In my opinion, fix the freaking problem then blame the Chinese, call it the Xi virus when all is said and done, for all the fucks I give. Start acting like the world leader(s) you are and recognize this particular moment is a global event and start acting your part within the world.

Agree 100%, especially the last paragraph.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #712 on: March 19, 2020, 10:26:08 PM »
A 34-year-old man has died in California after testing positive of coronavirus just days ago, and 2 weeks after visiting Walt Disney World and Universal Studios in Florida ... TMZ has learned.

Jeffrey Ghazarian died Thursday morning at a Pasadena hospital after spending 5 days hooked up to a ventilator and battling for his life ... according to his family.

His sister says ... "He suffered a lot and put up a good fight. We will miss our Jeff everyday but we are thankful for all the fun happy memories of the times we had together."

Jeff's timeline regarding his COVID-19 infection is terrifying and should be eye-opening for people of all ages. According to his family, he flew from L.A. to Orlando on March 2 for a work conference, but stayed a few extra days to visit Disney World and Universal theme parks with friends.

We're told on March 7 he developed a cough, and the next day he coughed up blood. He flew back to LAX on March 9 ... and immediately went to the ER, where he also had a high fever.

The family says a chest x-ray confirmed Jeff had pneumonia, and he was tested for COVID-19 and sent home with fluids and antibiotics and instructed to self-quarantine until he got the results back.

We're told the results came back positive on March 13, and Jeff was provided a portable oxygen meter to keep an eye on his levels ... which took a turn for the worse that afternoon.

On March 14 he was taken by ambulance to the hospital and quickly transferred to the ICU when it was discovered his lungs were 60-70 percent blocked with pneumonia. Doctors decided the best path forward was to sedate and intubate, hoping a ventilator would help his lungs heal.

Sadly -- and despite the family claiming he was approved for antiviral meds -- the medication was delayed in getting to him, he took a turn for the worse ... and passed away Thursday morning.

It appears Jeffrey was higher-risk patient. He had a history of asthma and frequent bronchitis as a child, though he outgrew that. He also had undergone surgery for testicular cancer back in 2016.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #713 on: March 19, 2020, 10:43:39 PM »

Exactly. China can be at fault. We can blame China. They fucked up because they have an awful government who lies to the people to try to make themselves look as good as possible. Then it spread here, and we fucked up because we have an awful government who lies to the people to try to make themselves look as good as possible. Going out of his way to call it the Chinese Virus means he is just blaming China, and it makes it look like he's not taking it seriously enough. And when half of his campaign has been built on blaming non-white people for all of the issues in America, it also makes it look racist, whether it is or not.

Right now, nobody gives a excrement whose fault it is. Sure, people like me are happy to throw blame Trump because he's a fuckhead who deserves it, but I really just want this excrement to go away. Don't blame China, be honest with us, and lead us out of this crisis. That's what a real president would do. That's what Obama would do. That's what Bush would do. I didn't like Bush at all, but despite his flaws, he at least put on a strong face during 9/11. Trump can't even do that.

Now, we need to fix it and curb the spread. I'm happy California is locking down. It was in a de facto lockdown for the last few days anyway with so many places closed. Smart people like me stayed inside except for getting essential goods like food and weed. Now the stupid people are forced to live the same way. Of course, I'm a hypocrite since I went to a concert last week when I knew this was an issue, but I also knew I was going to basically quarantine myself when it was over, and I have.

Granted, I saw a video that people in San Francisco are still allowed outside and on the beach for exercise. I think that's fine because we do need some level of freedom, but stupid people are still going to stupid.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 10:50:21 PM by Derek Smalls »

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #714 on: March 19, 2020, 10:52:42 PM »
Coronavirus treatment in Italian hospital

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #715 on: March 19, 2020, 11:15:01 PM »
Coronavirus treatment in Italian hospital

That is terrifying
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #716 on: March 20, 2020, 12:07:07 AM »
It's got the potential to be so much worse than that here too

All their medical personnel are effectively wearing hazmat suits

In the US these people have freaking nothing

People at Stony Brook are telling me how they have patients going into full codes with only one person going into the room because nobody has masks or any protective gear.

Medical personnel from this could end up being like 9/11 rescue workers having major problems the rest of their lives if any of this excrement about lung scarring/damage is true

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #717 on: March 20, 2020, 12:28:08 AM »
What I hope is that mutation and spread of this weakens the virus to the point that hospitalization becomes much more limited. I can’t speak to the current state of the coronavirus but my understanding is that it’s at its worst at its original jump from animal to human. After that the spread from human to human is o the scale of virility vs mortality in the sense that a virus has a difficult time spreading if its host is more susceptible to death/serious illness.

Again I think the biggest problem is that we know so little about positive cases and long term implications but my hope is this has turned the corner.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #719 on: March 20, 2020, 06:32:25 AM »
What I hope is that mutation and spread of this weakens the virus to the point that hospitalization becomes much more limited. I can’t speak to the current state of the coronavirus but my understanding is that it’s at its worst at its original jump from animal to human. After that the spread from human to human is o the scale of virility vs mortality in the sense that a virus has a difficult time spreading if its host is more susceptible to death/serious illness.

Again I think the biggest problem is that we know so little about positive cases and long term implications but my hope is this has turned the corner.

What is this based on? The jump from animal to human was in 2019. From what you’ve seen what leads you to believe this is getting better?

Tags: