Author Topic: Coronavirus SZN Forever  (Read 359550 times)

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
Re: Coronavirus SZN Forever
« Reply #675 on: March 19, 2020, 11:19:47 AM »
https://twitter.com/cnn/status/1240616345861062656?s=21

(CNN) Up to 20% of people hospitalized with coronavirus in the United States are young adults between ages 20 to 44, a new federal study shows.

While the risk of dying was significantly higher in older people, the report issued Wednesday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention shows younger people are making up a big portion of hospitalizations.

The CDC analyzed the cases of about 2,500 patients in the United States whose ages were known. Of the 508 patients known to have been hospitalized, 20% were notably younger — between ages 20 and 44, while 18% were between ages 45 and 54, the report says. The highest percentage of hospitalized patients was at 26% between ages 65 and 84.

And of the 121 patients known to have been admitted to an ICU, 36% were adults ages 45 to 64, while 12% were ages 20 to 44. There were no ICU admissions reported for those under age 19, the report says.
Up to 20% of people hospitalized encompass an age group spanning 25 years and are the most vulnerable to working in jobs like service, healthcare, and logistics.

Reports also show that Saturday composed 50% of the weekend

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #676 on: March 19, 2020, 11:22:04 AM »
Up to 20% of people hospitalized encompass an age group spanning 25 years and are the most vulnerable to working in jobs like service, healthcare, and logistics.

Reports also show that Saturday composed 50% of the weekend

I think the highlight of the study was that 40% of the people getting hospitalized are in the age range that thinks they're untouchable

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #677 on: March 19, 2020, 11:22:21 AM »
100% of all cases of coronavirus are acquired in living people.

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #678 on: March 19, 2020, 11:27:11 AM »
I think the highlight of the study was that 40% of the people getting hospitalized are in the age range that thinks they're untouchable
I don’t think people think they’re untouchable, it’s just that they’re extremely likely to recover. My doctors office called me because I had a physical scheduled for end of March that they told me to postpone for obvious reasons and directed me to the local hospital if I had symptoms. I think the hospitalization number is high because people are going there instead of their doctors.

I’d be more interested in seeing the number of people in intensive care or percentage of deaths

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #679 on: March 19, 2020, 11:32:39 AM »
I don’t think people think they’re untouchable, it’s just that they’re extremely likely to recover. My doctors office called me because I had a physical scheduled for end of March that they told me to postpone for obvious reasons and directed me to the local hospital if I had symptoms. I think the hospitalization number is high because people are going there instead of their doctors.

I’d be more interested in seeing the number of people in intensive care or percentage of deaths

Not giving a freak is basically the same general categories as untouchable.

And the article mentioned 12% of icu patients are 20-44 or whatever.

As a person in that age group I have zero concerns about the disease killing me. What does worry me is the studies that suggest it's possible that you cns permanently lose long capacity. Are they unreliable absolutely. But it's enoguh to concern the freak out of me. Who wants to basically have COPD or emphysema as a young adult

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #680 on: March 19, 2020, 11:37:16 AM »
Not giving a freak is basically the same general categories as untouchable.

And the article mentioned 12% of icu patients are 20-44 or whatever.

As a person in that age group I have zero concerns about the disease killing me. What does worry me is the studies that suggest it's possible that you cns permanently lose long capacity. Are they unreliable absolutely. But it's enoguh to concern the freak out of me. Who wants to basically have COPD or emphysema as a young adult

Based on the number of people who smoke and/or vape, plenty aren't concerned.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #681 on: March 19, 2020, 11:40:41 AM »
Too many unknowns with this thing. From what I’ve read even the COVID-19 test is like 30% accurate or something along those lines. I think when the seed of doubt has been planted the paranoia takes over

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #682 on: March 19, 2020, 01:27:02 PM »
Despite assurances from Vice President Mike Pence that all Grand Princess cruise ship passengers quarantined at Travis Air Force Base would be tested for COVID-19, The Chronicle has learned that two-thirds of them have declined, often at the encouragement of federal health officials.

As of Wednesday, 568 of the 858 passengers screened while confined turned down the test, a federal official familiar with the Travis quarantine and testing told The Chronicle. The low testing numbers align with what passengers were told by officials during a Tuesday afternoon teleconference, citing a 30% acceptance rate for the novel coronavirus test, several passengers told The Chronicle.

Lol
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #683 on: March 19, 2020, 01:45:57 PM »
Trump literally crossed out Corona in Coronavirus to replace it with Chinese so he could use his dog whistle and make them the scapegoat.

https://twitter.com/jabinbotsford/status/1240701140141879298

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #684 on: March 19, 2020, 01:54:34 PM »
Trump literally crossed out Corona in Coronavirus to replace it with Chinese so he could use his dog whistle and make them the scapegoat.

That’s 100% what Trump is doing, but the manufactured outrage is just as dumb

https://twitter.com/mrctv/status/1238186498433966081?s=21
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #685 on: March 19, 2020, 02:00:50 PM »

They are the scapegoat.

The Chinese government is literally trying to shift the blame on the American military for this outbreak and its conclusive that had they actually taken measures to limit the spread, there's a strong likelihood we aren't in the absolute quagmire we're in now.  But of course with all authoritarians (and especially commies) the State is all and must not be compromised by any means necessary. For all we know, they put a bullet in the freaking head of the hero that even notified the WHO about this. Forgive me if I don't believe the Chinese company line that he died from coronavirus after they tried to arrest him and put him on lockdown to silence him.

But sure, kvetch about labeling a virus from its place of origin like how we've been doing for years on end.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #686 on: March 19, 2020, 02:09:40 PM »
That’s 100% what Trump is doing, but the manufactured outrage is just as dumb

https://twitter.com/mrctv/status/1238186498433966081?s=21
So you agree that it's a dogwhistle, but people drawing attention to it are just as dumb? K.

This is the kind of both sides'ism that is ridiculous right now. Calling it the Chinese virus isn't racist, but going out of your way to call it that can incite racism, especially when you're the freaking president.

Also, I only watched the first couple clips in that video, but the first clip was literally Cuomo agreeing with us, and the next few clips were from when the virus first broke and it was still mostly contained to China and Wuhan.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #687 on: March 19, 2020, 02:18:57 PM »
They are the scapegoat.

The Chinese government is literally trying to shift the blame on the American military for this outbreak and its conclusive that had they actually taken measures to limit the spread, there's a strong likelihood we aren't in the absolute quagmire we're in now.  But of course with all authoritarians (and especially commies) the State is all and must not be compromised by any means necessary. For all we know, they put a bullet in the freaking head of the hero that even notified the WHO about this. Forgive me if I don't believe the Chinese company line that he died from coronavirus after they tried to arrest him and put him on lockdown to silence him.

But sure, kvetch about labeling a virus from its place of origin like how we've been doing for years on end.

Language changes as we learn more. 16 years ago, I would call people gay or fags all the time. Now I never use that as an insult.

China is to blame for the origin of this. Trump and the government's shitty response and messaging from the beginning of this has helped.

China may have taken a dump in the living room, but we never cleaned it up, and now the house stinks and there's a bug infestation.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #688 on: March 19, 2020, 02:26:01 PM »
So you agree that it's a dogwhistle, but people drawing attention to it are just as dumb? K.

This is the kind of both sides'ism that is ridiculous right now. Calling it the Chinese virus isn't racist, but going out of your way to call it that can incite racism, especially when you're the freaking president.

Also, I only watched the first couple clips in that video, but the first clip was literally Cuomo agreeing with us, and the next few clips were from when the virus first broke and it was still mostly contained to China and Wuhan.

No I don't agree its a dogwhistle at all. Maybe you missed the part where I said classifying a virus by its place of origin is something we've been doing for years and years. There is no both sides'ism. It's unequivocal fact; this is the fault of the Chinese government, they've disgustingly tried to shift blame for us, and Trump is now correctly ensuring everyone knows exactly where the culpability lies.

This is a bullshit, manufactured narrative from a dishonest media apparatus that was literally referring to this as the "Wuhan" or "Chinese" virus as recently as six weeks ago, and I for one welcome it. People who are focused on the day to day of surviving through this thing get another example of how dishonest these absolute pieces of excrement are.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #689 on: March 19, 2020, 02:30:35 PM »
No I don't agree its a dogwhistle at all. Maybe you missed the part where I said classifying a virus by its place of origin is something we've been doing for years and years.

That's not really true though, is it? Spanish flu started in either France or the US, bird flu probably started somewhere in Asia, swine flu was first found in Mexico.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Tags: