Author Topic: Coronavirus SZN Forever  (Read 358345 times)

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
Re: Coronavirus SZN Forever
« Reply #660 on: March 19, 2020, 12:09:38 AM »
There are going to be so many businesses that close because of this. I don't think a lot of people realize that. The service industry is in the process of getting destroyed, which will hurt so many people.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #661 on: March 19, 2020, 12:47:01 AM »
There are going to be so many businesses that close because of this. I don't think a lot of people realize that. The service industry is in the process of getting destroyed, which will hurt so many people.

I think the next 3 months is going to annihilate people on the restaurant industry most of all. Many will go out of business and not much can save them. On the flip side this is one of the rare occasions where Americans being gluttonous fat fucks is a good thing. As as soon as this let's up they'll be rushing out in mass like they've been starved to death.

I think the travel/tourism industry is going to get raped thoguh and take a really really long time to bounce back.

Other than the timing of this being good that it just missed flu season. I think it'll be a huge blessing that tax returns are right around the corner for many. And this happened early enoguh that people haven't spent them on stupid excrement. Getting that many will be lfie changing for many

(and I'm sure the government will either waive or delay money owed for many others)

Edit turns out the average tax return is expected to be 2900

And the IRS will delay any payments due by 3 months

« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 12:58:33 AM by dcm1602 »

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #662 on: March 19, 2020, 02:23:29 AM »

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #663 on: March 19, 2020, 07:28:12 AM »
At least it's the first day of spring so we should see plenty of people enjoying themselves outdoors

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #664 on: March 19, 2020, 08:32:10 AM »
https://twitter.com/cnn/status/1240616345861062656?s=21

(CNN) Up to 20% of people hospitalized with coronavirus in the United States are young adults between ages 20 to 44, a new federal study shows.

While the risk of dying was significantly higher in older people, the report issued Wednesday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention shows younger people are making up a big portion of hospitalizations.

The CDC analyzed the cases of about 2,500 patients in the United States whose ages were known. Of the 508 patients known to have been hospitalized, 20% were notably younger — between ages 20 and 44, while 18% were between ages 45 and 54, the report says. The highest percentage of hospitalized patients was at 26% between ages 65 and 84.

And of the 121 patients known to have been admitted to an ICU, 36% were adults ages 45 to 64, while 12% were ages 20 to 44. There were no ICU admissions reported for those under age 19, the report says.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #665 on: March 19, 2020, 08:36:48 AM »

(CNN) Up to 20% of people hospitalized with coronavirus in the United States are young adults between ages 20 to 44, a new federal study shows.

While the risk of dying was significantly higher in older people, the report issued Wednesday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention shows younger people are making up a big portion of hospitalizations.

The CDC analyzed the cases of about 2,500 patients in the United States whose ages were known. Of the 508 patients known to have been hospitalized, 20% were notably younger — between ages 20 and 44, while 18% were between ages 45 and 54, the report says. The highest percentage of hospitalized patients was at 26% between ages 65 and 84.

And of the 121 patients known to have been admitted to an ICU, 36% were adults ages 45 to 64, while 12% were ages 20 to 44. There were no ICU admissions reported for those under age 19, the report says.

Sooo...we should avoid going to the pub?

#asking4aFriend
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #666 on: March 19, 2020, 08:37:17 AM »

Could have sworn I read something on the same subject suggesting the people 20 to 44 was something like or higher than that 20% figure

May have been this quote I was thinking of

In fact, nearly 40% of U.S. coronavirus patients sick enough to be admitted were aged 20-54, based on the study of the first 2,500 cases in the U.S.

(and yes I realize it's the same data just framed differently)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 08:41:01 AM by dcm1602 »

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #667 on: March 19, 2020, 09:05:53 AM »
I wonder if its a function of more younger people getting the virus because of their lifestyle.  Therefore, if more people in that age group get the virus, larger number of that age group will be hospitalized just from numbers.

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
« Reply #668 on: March 19, 2020, 09:08:10 AM »
I wonder if its a function of more younger people getting the virus because of their lifestyle.  Therefore, if more people in that age group get the virus, larger number of that age group will be hospitalized just from numbers.

Definitely more idiots who think they're immune because they're not 85

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #669 on: March 19, 2020, 09:09:13 AM »

The % of people admitted to the ICU suggest that could be the case. However their sample size was stupid small, so I wouldn't extrapolate anything from that data

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #670 on: March 19, 2020, 09:09:32 AM »

Younger people are far more likely to be working in jobs such as retail and hospitality that involve dealing with large amounts of the public, and they're far less likely to be in a financial position to simply stay home, so I make you right.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #671 on: March 19, 2020, 09:10:01 AM »
Definitely more idiots who think they're immune because they're not 85

“I’m not gonna die so who cares if I get it” to own the boomers
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 09:37:39 AM by SixFeetDeep »

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #673 on: March 19, 2020, 09:51:50 AM »
Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte said he will extend a nationwide lockdown that is weighing on the economy, as coronavirus cases continue to climb in Europe’s worst outbreak with the number of deaths reaching almost 3,000.

The government will maintain its closure of virtually all retailers except for grocery stores, pharmacies and gas stations beyond the original March 25 deadline, the premier said in an interview with Corriere della Sera. Schools, which had been scheduled to reopen April 3, will stay closed longer than originally planned.

“We managed to avoid the collapse of the system and the measures are working,” so they will be extended, Conte said. The government is working on a new decree to allow for billions of euros of public investments.

Italy has the world’s second-highest number of diagnosed cases, with more than 35,000 known infections. The government has approved a 25 billion-euro package ($27 billion) to support its strained health system while helping businesses and families counter the economic impact of the lockdown.

The government is now considering tightening the existing restrictions amid concern that many Italians are not respecting rules that confine them to their homes except for reasons related to work, health or emergencies.

“I want to appeal to the sense of responsibility of all citizens,” Interior Minister Luciana Lamorgese told daily la Repubblica. “Stay at home, go out only if there is a strict necessity to do so.”

Italian police performed checks on more than 1 million people between March 11 and March 17, Lamorgese said, citing almost 50,000 for failing to respect the rules. Possible new regulations that could be enacted by March 25 include banning all outdoor sports activities, limiting citizens’ rights to go out for walks and closing grocery stores for all or part of the day on Sundays, Repubblica said.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #674 on: March 19, 2020, 09:58:39 AM »
^ this is my biggest fear.  The idiots of the world not conforming.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Tags: