Author Topic: Coronavirus SZN Forever  (Read 359760 times)

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
Re: Coronavirus SZN Forever
« Reply #465 on: March 16, 2020, 12:19:09 PM »
OK, but they're also the generation was told that they can be anything they want to be and the world is their oyster if they just work hard and to follow their dreams, and then when they did and came out the other end with a huge great freaking debt and sod all in the way of options we laughed at them and said "what the freak did you expect from your poncey liberal arts degree? Go and make my coffee and drive my Uber while I pull this ladder up a little more." They're the generation who went through school doing active shooter drills while the older generation on the news networks and in the halls of power said "this is terrible, really nothing we can do about it, thoughts and prayers".

I can't imagine how hard it must be to part of that generation, by comparison we had a golden era. It's not surprising to me if large amounts of them don't give much of a excrement about us and those older than us, it's more surprising that so many of them do.
This blanketing response was unnecessary. I never said I disagreed with you. I just didn’t agree with the use of the word entitlement. I’m not one of the people laughing at anything. If I had any kind of a background in engineering or electricity, I’d be in a way better way than I am now.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #466 on: March 16, 2020, 12:38:02 PM »
OK, but they're also the generation was told that they can be anything they want to be and the world is their oyster if they just work hard and to follow their dreams, and then when they did and came out the other end with a huge great freaking debt and sod all in the way of options we laughed at them and said "what the freak did you expect from your poncey liberal arts degree? Go and make my coffee and drive my Uber while I pull this ladder up a little more." They're the generation who went through school doing active shooter drills while the older generation on the news networks and in the halls of power said "this is terrible, really nothing we can do about it, thoughts and prayers".

I can't imagine how hard it must be to part of that generation, by comparison we had a golden era. It's not surprising to me if large amounts of them don't give much of a excrement about us and those older than us, it's more surprising that so many of them do.
food for thought

suicide bombers please disregard
https://twitter.com/Independent/status/1239300535003549699

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #467 on: March 16, 2020, 01:04:00 PM »

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #469 on: March 16, 2020, 01:40:23 PM »

And that's why a lot of young people flocked to Bernie. Political revolution. People are pissed off. On both sides. That's a big reason Trump won the RNC nomination last year. I hate comparing Bernie to Trump because I like Bernie, but both have benefitted politically from angry voters.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #471 on: March 16, 2020, 02:13:51 PM »
News: Six bay area counties, including San Francisco County, are going to require people to stay in their homes except for essential needs

Order will be in place through April 7th

Other counties: Santa Clara, San Mateo, Marin, Contra Costa and Alameda
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #473 on: March 16, 2020, 02:26:49 PM »
Wish they'd do that in NYC.

My job's basically like "Stay home if you want, but you're using vacation days."
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #475 on: March 16, 2020, 02:37:13 PM »
TRUMP on the timeline on the end of the coronavirus: “People are talking about July, August, something like that. … Could be longer than that."

Cool

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #476 on: March 16, 2020, 03:30:23 PM »
https://twitter.com/wfla/status/1239618604255059975?s=21

These are the people that will soon be taking up hospital beds and other people will die as a result. No need for politics or demographics to explain, this is just stupid.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #477 on: March 16, 2020, 05:16:41 PM »
NEW: Netherland’s PM in historic national TV address

Aims for a 'controlled spread' of the #coronavirus.

@MarkRutte ‘a large part' of population will become infected but that that will also lead to increased immunity. No lockdown; Netherlands opts for 'herd immunity'

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #478 on: March 16, 2020, 05:19:42 PM »

Holy excrement, it's the Redeker Plan.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #479 on: March 16, 2020, 05:20:24 PM »
The president of France on Monday said he was ordering people in the country to stay at home for up to 15 days because of the coronavirus outbreak.

President Emmanuel Macron said people should leave their homes only for essential duties, beginning midday Tuesday.

Tags: