Author Topic: Coronavirus SZN Forever  (Read 358886 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Re: Coronavirus SZN Forever
« Reply #435 on: March 16, 2020, 07:41:41 AM »
A cross-dressing limey poofter

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #436 on: March 16, 2020, 07:59:58 AM »
Irony, or chickens coming home to roost? It doesn't seem entirely unreasonable that a generation which has continually been told "freak you, we own this world, we'll do whatever the freak we want with it and there's nothing you can do about it" now doesn't really care when the narrative becomes "hey, please make all these sacrifices to your daily life because of this illness that is medically insignificant to you but could kill significant amounts of us". Obviously that's not a conscious train of thought for most, but the willingness to behave in the interest of a particular societal group being significantly reduced when that group has proven itself to be uninterested in doing their part is fairly logical.

It isn't irony, it's cause and effect.

Chickens coming home to roost? Hey you were an poopchute so I don't care if my behavior kills you.

If people can't tell right from wrong, they can never take the moral high ground again.

And the reality is the majority of all age groups are going to survive this. So if they think saying freak you I don't care if I kill you won't hurt their cause. Then maybe they deserve those jobs pushing shopping carts

Plus if they kill off all the old people then whose basements are they going to stay in?

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #437 on: March 16, 2020, 08:06:59 AM »
Chickens coming home to roost? Hey you were an poopchute so I don't care if my behavior kills you.

If people can't tell right from wrong, they can never take the moral high ground again.

And the reality is the majority of all age groups are going to survive this. So if they think saying freak you I don't care if I kill you won't hurt their cause. Then maybe they deserve those jobs pushing shopping carts

Plus if they kill off all the old people then whose basements are they going to stay in?

You're taking that post rather too literally, I even specifically told you that it isn't a conscious train of thought.

Society is broken though, and it's not the younger generations' fault. You don't get to excrement on a generation for the entirety of their existence and then complain that they're not looking out for you when you suddenly become vulnerable despite all your hoarded wealth and power.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #438 on: March 16, 2020, 08:46:34 AM »
I just wanna point out the irony of all the kiddies out there crying about how old people are selfish and don't care about their future when it comes to global warming. And now these same young people are going out bar hopping and excrement not giving a freak about the vulnerable people they'll kill
Idiots come in all ages.

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #439 on: March 16, 2020, 09:22:10 AM »
im all in on boomers dying

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #440 on: March 16, 2020, 09:27:34 AM »

I'm not, I don't want anyone to die. I just don't think people get to complain about young people not holding up their end of the social contract when the other parties involved have spent a long time demonstrating their complete lack of interest in doing same.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #441 on: March 16, 2020, 09:27:44 AM »
Breaking: Gov. Lamont announced Monday that he will order the closure of Connecticut restaurants and bars in an effort to slow the spread of #COVID19
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #442 on: March 16, 2020, 09:28:44 AM »
I'm not, I don't want anyone to die. I just don't think people get to complain about young people not holding up their end of the social contract when the other parties involved have spent a long time demonstrating their complete lack of interest in doing same.

The people that aren’t holding up their end of the bargain aren’t just young, and they don’t give a freak about politics as much as you think. They just don’t give a excrement about anyone but themselves.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #443 on: March 16, 2020, 09:29:55 AM »

Yikes, I hope you don’t know any. At least you did an internet funny at the cost of being a complete piece of excrement

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #444 on: March 16, 2020, 09:32:28 AM »
if youre suddenly the beacon of positive thoughts and safe practices, were all fucked anyways

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #445 on: March 16, 2020, 09:35:27 AM »
The people that aren’t holding up their end of the bargain aren’t just young, and they don’t give a freak about politics as much as you think. They just don’t give a excrement about anyone but themselves.

It's impressive that you've managed to squeeze this many strawmen into such a short post. I was responding to dcm's post which was specifically about young people, and my response has freak all to do with politics. Suggest you read up on social contract theory.

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #446 on: March 16, 2020, 09:38:09 AM »
thoughts n prayers

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #447 on: March 16, 2020, 09:39:41 AM »
thoughts n prayers

This is an elite post that makes the point perfectly.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #448 on: March 16, 2020, 09:40:48 AM »
It's impressive that you've managed to squeeze this many strawmen into such a short post. I was responding to dcm's post which was specifically about young people, and my response has freak all to do with politics. Suggest you read up on social contract theory.

Dcm is wrong that it’s young people’s fault or whatever, and you’re wrong on your theory that they’re going out to spite boomers or whatever. Just pointing that out. The people out at the bars or spring break or Disneyworld care more about their own personal satisfaction/enjoyment than the well being of others. They certainly don’t know what a social contract is

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #449 on: March 16, 2020, 09:43:13 AM »
This is an elite post that makes the point perfectly.

You don’t really have a point other than intentionally being an poopchute

Tags: