Author Topic: Coronavirus SZN Forever  (Read 357609 times)

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
Re: Coronavirus SZN Forever
« Reply #375 on: March 15, 2020, 07:37:13 AM »
CoronaVirus only affects you if you’re a bitch

We’ll always remember you
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #376 on: March 15, 2020, 07:46:34 AM »
Doctors in China have performed the world’s first double-lung transplant on a 59-year-old coronavirus patient, according to a report.

Dr. Chen Jingyu, vice president of the Wuxi People’s Hospital in Jiangsu province, and his team performed the five-hour operation on a man who was diagnosed with COVID-19 on Jan. 26, the Global Times reported.

It took seven hours to transport the lungs from a brain-dead donor to the hospital aboard a high-speed train, the news outlet reported.

The lungs have been working well since the Saturday surgery and the patient’s vital signs were stable, Chen told the Global Times.

The man eventually tested negative for the disease, but had suffered irreversible pulmonary damage during his illness.

“The next step is to closely observe the patient, explore the perioperative management of the patient, perform anti-rejection and anti-infection follow-up treatment, and summarize the treatment experience for such advanced COVID-19 infection cases,” Chen told the outlet.

Lol only bitches need functioning lungs lol

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #377 on: March 15, 2020, 07:56:38 AM »
Lol only bitches need functioning lungs lol

That patient was on ECMO. If that becomes common thing for Coronavirus the worlds in for a world of hurt. But I imagine those were extraordinarly rare circumstances

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #378 on: March 15, 2020, 08:04:15 AM »
Did Canada react particularly well? Or do they just have a really good infrastructure in place for handling medical issues.
Wait, I thought they have terrible medical care that results in waiting months for care?  Now all of a sudden they have really good infrastructure?

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #379 on: March 15, 2020, 08:13:42 AM »
Really cool situations at DFW and O'Hare right now...

5 hour long waits at baggage claims and customs

Shoulder to shoulder crowds just marinating in coronavirus

I got the rona just looking at those pictures...

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #380 on: March 15, 2020, 08:16:35 AM »
Why are people capitalizing the v in coronavirus? 

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #381 on: March 15, 2020, 08:18:38 AM »
Why are people capitalizing the v in coronavirus? 

Put some Respek on his name

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #382 on: March 15, 2020, 08:18:47 AM »
That patient was on ECMO. If that becomes common thing for Coronavirus the worlds in for a world of hurt. But I imagine those were extraordinarly rare circumstances
I was on ECMO once.  Got me high as excrement.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #383 on: March 15, 2020, 08:19:23 AM »
Put some Respek on his name
CoRonavirUs

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #384 on: March 15, 2020, 08:21:01 AM »
We should be able to rename this to something better sounding.  If I'm gonna die from a virus, I'd like people to know Bo went down to the sweettittyvirus.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #385 on: March 15, 2020, 08:25:32 AM »
https://medium.com/@donnellymjd/covid-19-new-york-will-be-the-next-italy-but-doesnt-have-to-be-54a5c8137d42

Analysis strongly suggests that the NYC metro area has 5–10 days to quarantine the city or face dramatically overwhelmed hospitals, extremely high death rates, and a ruined economy.

The outlook for NYC and COVID-19 is bleak. The policy response is far too slow and too weak to meet the needs of the moment.

Graph in the link here predicts NYC could run out of hospital beds by the end of March in a worst case scenario

The NYC region has between 1,200 and 3,000 open hospital beds.

This seems like not enough

The Obvious Choice

NYC must implement more severe social distancing measures and potentially fully shut down no later than a week from now in order to avoid overwhelming its hospital system.
Think about the choices here:

The Status Quo: The governor and the mayor continue to allow the virus to spread at schools, subways, restaurants, cafes, and workplaces. This is the exact same approach Italy took at the beginning of its outbreak. Seriously take a look at this article from two and a half weeks ago when Italy only had 160 cases (vs NYC’s 500+).
“Strict emergency measures were put in place over the weekend, including a ban on public events in at least 10 municipalities, after a spike in confirmed cases in the northern regions of Lombardy and Veneto.
Italy’s Health Minister Roberto Speranza announced severe restrictions in the affected regions, which included the closure of public buildings, limited transport, and the surveillance and quarantine of individuals who may have been exposed to the virus.
“We are asking basically that everyone who has come from areas stricken by the epidemic to remain under a mandatory house stay,” Speranza said at a Saturday press conference.” — CNN, Feb 24 2020
Sound familiar? It’s the exact same thing New York is trying now. It won’t work here either.
After that fails here too, we will wind up with the Italian situation. Overflowing hospitals. Demand at two, three, five times the capacity of the hospitals’ ability to deliver care. What’s worse is that their capacity will decline as cases overflow. Their doctors and nurses will be exposed and have to be quarantined, reducing an already strained workforce. Soon after, chaos in the hospitals will lead to fear in the whole city. You will see reports of people dying in their apartments because there isn’t capacity for them in hospitals. This fear alone will shut down the city. The economy will be ruined and tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of New Yorkers will die this year. This could all start at the beginning of April, if we don’t act within the next 5–10 days.

The Better Alternative: Shut down the city this week. Close everything but grocery stores, banks, and pharmacies. Convert schools into food distribution centers. Bring in the National Guard to provide essential services like food and augment police and emergency services. Issue checks to all New Yorkers for the length of the quarantine for at least $500 per person per month. Limit travel outside of the region. Slow the growth of the virus to a crawl immediately.
We know quarantines work. It did in Italy and Wuhan. It looks like France and Spain are convinced it will work too. The economy will be wrecked, but depending on when you do it, you might keep deaths in NYC under 5,000. Many times fewer deaths than the status quo approach. And, it will cost less. The economy will rebound more quickly and trust will be maintained in the ability of the government to protect the public.
This is an easy decision. We need Gov. Andrew Cuomo to take action now.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #386 on: March 15, 2020, 08:30:31 AM »
@NYGovCuomo: What we do next will have a massive impact on the trajectory of this virus in New York.

We can only maintain public health by STAYING APART.

The decision each of makes now will impact us all tomorrow. STAY HOME.

Listen to this dumbass

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #387 on: March 15, 2020, 08:56:20 AM »
My hands hurt from washing them so much.  My daughter caught a stomach bug at daycare last week, so I'm washing my hands every 3 seconds.  Seeing that I'm a Vet and all that entails, I already wash my hands a million times a day. Now with covid and my daughter puking, I have no skin left on my hands.  I'm washing sinew at this point.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #388 on: March 15, 2020, 08:59:07 AM »
one person who roamed the city, went to church, and ate at a buffet while carrying the virus ended up getting more than 1,000 people infected in korea.

Patient 31 is a real bitch

https://graphics.reuters.com/CHINA-HEALTH-SOUTHKOREA-CLUSTERS/0100B5G33SB/index.html

Authorities are investigating links between the church in Daegu and a funeral service at the hospital, which a number of church members attended from January 31-February 2. If confirmed, it means Patient 31 could be linked to both clusters. Between Daegu and Cheongdo county, the areas account for around 80 percent of the cases in the entire country.

Authorities are still investigating how Patient 31 contracted the virus, having no recent record of overseas travel or earlier known contact with other confirmed cases

This is wild

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #389 on: March 15, 2020, 09:00:41 AM »
My hands hurt from washing them so much.  My daughter caught a stomach bug at daycare last week, so I'm washing my hands every 3 seconds.  Seeing that I'm a Vet and all that entails, I already wash my hands a million times a day. Now with covid and my daughter puking, I have no skin left on my hands.  I'm washing sinew at this point.

4D chess, can’t transmit the virus Via your hands if you don’t have skin

Tags: