Author Topic: Coronavirus SZN Forever  (Read 359112 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Re: Coronavirus SZN Forever
« Reply #330 on: March 14, 2020, 05:11:58 PM »
The disease is insanely contagious and the only places that have had legit outbreaks that were quashed basically declared a state of law. Considering how badly the US dropped the ball on testing preparedness and diagnosis nobody even has a realistic idea of how many people have the disease.

If the US had done excrement fairly competently maybe you'd have a point. But as is essentially nobody has been tested and it's a crap shot. A week ago I agreed with you 100% on this. Now I'm thinking that while the United States is playing catchup on what it should have done a month or two ago, they need to start coming up with a contingency plan if that fails. And to me that means at least coming up with a fleshed out plan of Marshall law to keep in their back pocket.

And just for perspective the surgeons general reccomended that all elective surgeries in the country be canceled. If it's too dangerous a climate to do heart surgery or whatever people need, then you think maybe it might be a little risky to have people bar crawling and what not?

I think people are too hung up on testing. Testing is useful at the start when you're isolating chains and attempting to stop propagation, and it's useful for medical facilities to ensure that they know where it is in their building so that it's not being passed on to the many vulnerable people under their care for other things, but beyond that there's no real reason for you or I to be tested. If you're feeling sick, stay home and don't have contact with people for a couple of weeks. If you're not feeling sick, assume that the last person or thing you touched had it and wash it off before you touch another person or thing. And get on with your life.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #331 on: March 14, 2020, 05:14:31 PM »
I’m not a big fan of the world shutting down to control the spread of a flu
IF AUNTIE ANNE'S SELLS ONE LESS PRETZEL BECAUSE OF THIS THEN THE TERRORISTS WIN

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #332 on: March 14, 2020, 05:16:12 PM »
I think we have the same stance. Take precautions yes, but to basically halt all industry is going to be ridiculous

Yes, I think so. Terrifying amounts of the population are one missed paycheck away from being on the street, allowing this to create a huge economic crash would have an impact lasting generations. There are much bigger questions and issues to be addressed about how fucked up society is to allow the imbalance, but they're for after this is over.

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
« Reply #333 on: March 14, 2020, 05:17:31 PM »
IF AUNTIE ANNE'S SELLS ONE LESS PRETZEL BECAUSE OF THIS THEN THE TERRORISTS WIN

this but unironically

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #334 on: March 14, 2020, 05:18:15 PM »

Yes, I think so. Terrifying amounts of the population are one missed paycheck away from being on the street, allowing this to create a huge economic crash would have an impact lasting generations. There are much bigger questions and issues to be addressed about how fucked up society is to allow the imbalance, but they're for after this is over.

No, now is actually the perfect time to address it.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #335 on: March 14, 2020, 05:18:16 PM »
this but unironically

freak pretzels anyway, stupid pointless salty bread.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #336 on: March 14, 2020, 05:18:29 PM »

No, now is actually the perfect time to address it.

By killing people?

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #337 on: March 14, 2020, 05:19:39 PM »
By killing people?
That's what not addressing it does.

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #338 on: March 14, 2020, 05:21:13 PM »
Yes because a global economic meltdown is better than a few days with a fever and a cough

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #339 on: March 14, 2020, 05:21:18 PM »
That's what not addressing it does.

OK, I'm interested in hearing your plan for this. Because if it's genuinely viable, I'm 100% in support of it.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #340 on: March 14, 2020, 05:21:43 PM »
Can’t wait for the lockdown.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #341 on: March 14, 2020, 05:25:25 PM »
OK, I'm interested in hearing your plan for this. Because if it's genuinely viable, I'm 100% in support of it.
Moratorium on mortgages, rent, evictions and property taxes.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #342 on: March 14, 2020, 05:29:44 PM »
Moratorium on mortgages, rent, evictions and property taxes.

I'm down with that in principle. Doesn't fix all the problems and create some new ones, although not as significant, but I agree it's a good start.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #343 on: March 14, 2020, 05:30:19 PM »

It sounds like the govt is going to address this one some level. How successful is TBD

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #344 on: March 14, 2020, 05:34:05 PM »
Yes because a global economic meltdown is better than a few days with a fever and a cough

The impression I've gotten. Is more people are going to die from the strain on healthcare resources than the actual disease. If the reports from China (that I don't believe) about it destroying your lungs long term are true that's one thing.

But even if this was purely just a more contagious version of the flu and nothing more, healthcare facilities just aren't equip to handle it.

People I know at major hospitals all across the country are already out of essential Healthcare supplies, and this excrement hasn't even freaking started yet.

Tags: